MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2018 Edition *Updated (7/27/18)

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    @Brigby, who will be 5* essential for MeetRnG?

Edit: PS. Is there a way to report a ridiculous flag to my previous post? @spatenfloot
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(7/13/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    My guess is Jess for RnG and then Wasp will start her tour with the Thursday event.

EDIT: Ha, as I was typing this he finished the update to validate my guess. Thanks, Briggles!
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    jackstar0 said:
    My guess is Jess for RnG and then Wasp will start her tour with the Thursday event.

EDIT: Ha, as I was typing this he finished the update to validate my guess. Thanks, Briggles!
    If the rotation is consistent, the next few pve events would be Jess, IW Cap, Okoye, 2 classic 5 *s, IW Cap, Okoye, Wasp.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    They may skip Cap for Okoye on Thursday; I think that happened before. (Sticking with 1,2,3 in terms of release order but changing the group of 3 mid-run.) We shall see.  If so, Wasp will be next, obviously.
  • Brigby
    *(7/16/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    So this season got us 1 extra 4* pvp (antman for movie tie-in) and the ghost release event.  Can we expect any sort of pattern or regularity of 4* pvp or is it just going to be completely arbitrary?
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Following up on @LifeofAgony’s post...
    @Brigby, will there be a boss event every other Thursday? 
  • Brigby
    So this season got us 1 extra 4* pvp (antman for movie tie-in) and the ghost release event.  Can we expect any sort of pattern or regularity of 4* pvp or is it just going to be completely arbitrary?
    Bubba3210 said:
    Following up on LifeofAgony’s post...
    Brigby, will there be a boss event every other Thursday? 
    Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't get event info as far in advanced as 2 weeks into the future, so I can't really speak for whether or not that is the pattern moving forward.
  • LifeofAgony
    Brigby said:
    Bubba3210 said:
    Following up on LifeofAgony’s post...
    Brigby, will there be a boss event every other Thursday? 
    Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't get event info as far in advanced as 2 weeks into the future, so I can't really speak for whether or not that is the pattern moving forward.
    You can’t ask if the dev teams has plans to have more frequent 4* pvp or if boss events are going to become the standard for new releases?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait I thought we were going to see more 4 star Pvp? 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So many wasted opportunities.
    Blade, Iron Man and Grocket all have 4* variants, those would have been prime candidates for 4* PVP.
    Instead it's same old same old.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    We still saw more 4* PVP this season than in any regular season.

Maybe we could talk with the devs about it before jumping to the complaints? I imagine more people are able to participate in 3* PVP than in 4* PVP, which means fewer 4* PVPs is only a "waste opportunity" for a tiny fringe of the top percent of players. No sense accosting the devs for what could be the best decision for the playerbase as a whole.
  • LifeofAgony
    JHawkInc said:

Maybe we could talk with the devs about it before jumping to the complaints? I imagine more people are able to participate in 3* PVP than in 4* PVP, which means fewer 4* PVPs is only a "waste opportunity" for a tiny fringe of the top percent of players. No sense accosting the devs for what could be the best decision for the playerbase as a whole.
    We saw 2;  which is the same number as any season that sees 2 4* releases.  That’s not an increase.  The increase referred to non-release 4* frequency increasing.  It did not come close to that.  What you perceive as complaint is asking questions.  The devs made a statement, seemingly have not followed through on it, now we ask for clarification.  All seems to check out under the reasonable category.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:

I would LOVE to talk to the developers, yes.
    But all we get is the usual radio silence and non-answers from poor Brigby, who isn't getting any info from the devs, either.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    We saw 2;  which is the same number as any season that sees 2 4* releases.  That’s not an increase.  The increase referred to non-release 4* frequency increasing.  It did not come close to that.  What you perceive as complaint is asking questions.  The devs made a statement, seemingly have not followed through on it, now we ask for clarification.  All seems to check out under the reasonable category.
    We saw 3, which is an increase over seasons for the past years, even including edge cases like re-runs of Peggy's PVP or getting Punisher's PVP for his Netflix release. The devs absolutely stuck with their statement, whether you like how they did it or not. Further, I quoted the complaint I was talking about and it wasn't part of your post. Literally, nothing "checks out under the reasonable category," not even doing a "reasonable" amount of fact-checking to get the number of PVP events right.

Bowgentle said:
    JHawkInc said:

I would LOVE to talk to the developers, yes.
    But all we get is the usual radio silence and non-answers from poor Brigby, who isn't getting any info from the devs, either.
    I know, I'm on these forums as often as you are. None of that justifies the extra animosity. You can express displeasure without making it an accusation, and honestly, we'd probably get further with the devs if we could discuss things as "Here's what I would hope to see improve" instead of "Here's what you guys did wrong." Leaning in with the negativity the instant something doesn't go quite the way you'd hoped (because they DID do and ARE still doing what they said they would) is only going to make the lack of communication a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh yikes - Thanos PvP! Good for those with champed/high level GladiaThor but bad for the rest of our rosters and health packs!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Conjecture:  the next event after DPvMPQ will likely be a 3 day. The longest-ago run 3 day was Hearts of Darkness, 3 day version. Now the big question:  will Okoye or Wasp be the 5E after Cap?  Fingers crossed for not dragging Wasp into HoD’s sub 3 5E.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Conjecture:  the next event after DPvMPQ will likely be a 3 day. The longest-ago run 3 day was Hearts of Darkness, 3 day version. Now the big question:  will Okoye or Wasp be the 5E after Cap?  Fingers crossed for not dragging Wasp into HoD’s sub 3 5E.
    99% sure Okoye. They didn’t skip Jones this time, so throwing Wasp in would be skipping someone who’s not even close to leaving.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh yikes - Thanos PvP! Good for those with champed/high level GladiaThor but bad for the rest of our rosters and health packs!
    I'm thinking of skipping this one, or 575 and out.  I find Thanos more annoying than Shulk.  At least with Shulk I can go after green.  With Thanos, it's just a healthpack suck... or i might start early and just use the whole boosted list and let them heal :#