P4nther+Shuri+???

There are three 4*s I've used with them so far who are fun, but would love to hear who else you are using.

IM40: He fuels P4nther's blue, Shuri's red and green, and needs only a SINGLE YELLOW MATCH to become the Energizer Bunny after the first time you use it. Firing his yellow for 3 AP feels almost dirty.

St4rlord: He and Shuri have stackable cost reduction passives, which can get a little ridiculous. I find myself giggling like a giddy Ron Swanson when everyone's abilities are suddenly on the Dollar Store clearance rack. Everything must go!

Nico: I've been having loads of fun lately with Nico in general, but having a bunch of fortified special tiles getting buffed every turn is potentially insurmountable.

Comments

• Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Peggy could be interesting because of her passive, but her active abilities would be rendered relatively pointless apart from finishing off an opponent.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Black + Purple user for rainbow. My default for that is usually 3* Hawkguy. Getting his blue down to 3ap is pretty fun too.
    Moonknight might be good too, gives you another green outlet instead of Shuri's. He might also create special tiles to fortify
    Otherwise I'd probably go with Mr Fantastic, his blue would double dip damage by matching fortified shields.

I actually don't have Panther champed yet so I haven't played around that much with them.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Honestly, with his blue decently covered, P4nther could stay at lv 70 and still be adequate in some circumstances with IM40 and Shuri.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    I haven't stopped to find out if P4nther can have more than one repeater tile on the board at a time. In the unlikely event that he can, Kingpin would actually be useful for once because his purple would generate 8 yellow AP for a cost of 5 purple (with the added bonus of destroying some enemy AP).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't stopped to find out if P4nther can have more than one repeater tile on the board at a time. In the unlikely event that he can, Kingpin would actually be useful for once because his purple would generate 8 yellow AP for a cost of 5 purple (with the added bonus of destroying some enemy AP).
    He can.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't used them much because I don't have P4nther leveled very high, but when he was Required, I ran him with Shuri and C4ge, and that got pretty wild. Because you don't need to be firing Panther's yellow all the time, later on Cage can use that AP, and with all the Fortified tiles they generate among the three of them, he pretty quickly hits the point where his damage is beyond ludicrous for 5 yellow.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Goblin makes a good 3rd.  If you get a red starved board, you can still get BP yellow out and GG will fortify it.  So, even if you can't get enough red for Shuri, in a couple of turns her ap cost reduction will kick in.  GG makes countdowns with purple, which are also then fortified.  The team is all about passive damage, so all fortified titles and defense tiles are good.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    edited July 2018
    Does Goblin auto fortify repeaters? I honestly don't know if I've used him since his little update awhile ago.
  • Waddles_Pines
    edited July 2018
    Does Goblin auto fortify repeaters? I honestly don't know if I've used him since his little update a while ago.
    He does, Clint doesn't...

My 5* are all underleveled, so it's fun to find teams where they are do more than just match damage and being a meat shield...
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Does Goblin auto fortify repeaters? I honestly don't know if I've used him since his little update a while ago.
    He does, Clint doesn't...
    Ah, good to know. Thank you for that bit of clarification.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flaptain. When you’re done laughing, give it a shot. He can help with shield spam, and buff on blue passively. Shuri makes dive bomb affordable.

main event hulk: his moves get cheap with Shuri, his tile swap can give you free matches occasionally, and gamma powerbomb will create critical inside fortifications for double dip damage
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Flaptain. When you’re done laughing, give it a shot. He can help with shield spam, and buff on blue passively. Shuri makes dive bomb affordable.

main event hulk: his moves get cheap with Shuri, his tile swap can give you free matches occasionally, and gamma powerbomb will create critical inside fortifications for double dip damage
    I am working on Flaptain just so I can run this team. I feel like it could be sneaky frustrating on defense.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Depending on what level he's at, Prof X might be a good third.  I think the only color he outright tanks is purple.  Purple gets him invisible so he can buff some tiles.  Yellow gets you 3 tiles each time a teammate fires a power.

Also a lil boring, but Medusa would work to make the team super annoying with healing happening all the time...

Don't have enough colors for her, but Blonde Widow can be annoying also.  Sure, the yellow overlaps, but with her black stun and Shuri's green stun, you'll lower the enemies AP.  Not sure if her yellow stacks with Shuri's AP reduction, but if it does, you could get power costs reduced by up to 6 (min 3).  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Shuri's AP games stack with Peggy and 4* Lord, so I'd be surprised if Bl4ck Widow's didn't also stack. I haven't put it to the test yet even though I have a 4/1/3 widow, since she struck me as the very bottom of the bottom tier at release and I've kind of just been pretending she doesn't exist.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Also: Chavez goes well on this team. it's just Match Damage Meltdown once it gets rolling. 
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Mr.F works well. Might be a good idea to proc BP’s to 4 or even 5 for the extra damage. Reed and Shuri are dynamic together. 

Nico is good. 

lockjaw is sneaky good. You’re gonna flood the field with special tiles, so LJ is good when your opponent matches them. 

I like Kingpin with BP. He feeds BP’s yellow. 

I have CW BW champed but never thought of her with the Wakanda royals. Maybe I’ll try it out. 
  • Gold_Dragon
    Tried out BP/Shuri/CWBW. Yeah, BW’s yellow stacks. Minimum cost of 3, but practically every power will be at 3 or 4 if there’s 5 forts and the BW countdown out. 
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Having the Avengers Tower support applied to IM40 is potentially quite well-suited to using him with BP4 and Shuri.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jeez, Kingpin's potential role as a yellow battery is eclipsed utterly by the uselessness of his other abilities in this context (let's be honest, he's just useless). His black will never fire because Panther's yellow will always go off before Fisk can get the countdowns he needs on the board to pop with his sausage finger.
  • Gold_Dragon
    KP’s Black has NOTHING TO DO with BP’s yellow tile because it’s a REPEATER tile and you can’t finger point it. That’s why you put them two together with Nico.