Civil War - Event Details (7/10/18)

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roland113 said:
    I remember last time I ran this event, when IM brought out his legion it was demoralizing and almost game over for me.  This time, it's like pfft, no worries.

Round 8, IM started out with 2 match 5* and crits/cascades took out 2 of my characters.  I don't think I've ever lost a match after one turn.  Totally demoralizing.  Then I decided next go around to punch him in the face repeatedly with Hobofist.  I feel much better now...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peggy is doing a great job of keeping IM from bringing out his drones at all for me.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Peggy is doing a great job of keeping IM from bringing out his drones at all for me.
    Same here. And if they do manage to come out I stun the two drones with her Blue and keep pounding away at real IM.

I'm rocking 3*Fist, 3*Cage, and Peggy for now (Round 6 for us).
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Same here. And if they do manage to come out I stun the two drones with her Blue and keep pounding away at real IM.

I'm rocking 3*Fist, 3*Cage, and Peggy for now (Round 6 for us).
    Oh, I didn't think about that . . . I think you've just outlined my strategy for round 8 when it refreshes.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    getting in my usual SCALING ON THE UNLOCK NODES SUCKS!!!!!! post in.
    even though I know they have no intention to fix the fact that the unlock nodes are harder/ more time consuming than the boss.

Please introduce SCL or just leave the unlocks trivial. I don't want to grind forever on unlocks every 8 hours,
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else find it ridiculous that Team Iron Man gets a 2* node (Ares)?  At least the nodes that could be considered 2* on Team Cap have variants that are 3* or better...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Anyone else find it ridiculous that Team Iron Man gets a 2* node (Ares)?  At least the nodes that could be considered 2* on Team Cap have variants that are 3* or better...
    Hmm, seems like there's an obvious answer to this problem...
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I'm not minding the nodes so much this time (apart from the insane scaling) because I get to try out a few different teams. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do laugh at some of the node planning in these events cause its quite obvious the devs dont pay attention to them. I mean, carrying Ares into a wave node with 5* scaling. Yep, makes sense. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72771/boss-events-boosted-2-s-no-more-ares-or-moonstone-please#latest

I suggested this a couple months ago.... no more Ares nodes.  Too bad they didn’t implement that.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who cares.
    It makes about as much sense as 3* PVP.
    Ares doesn't tank any colours, he might as well not be there.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    I'm not minding the nodes so much this time (apart from the insane scaling) because I get to try out a few different teams. 
    I've tried different teams, and the end result of not bringing Thor/Gambit into the node is pretty much the same - Dead.  My side nodes are LVL 426-433 right now (We're in Round 7, and Iron Man is only LVL 401) The only characters I've got that are above that level are 5-star Widow, Thor and Strange (all champed).  Gambit is 4/2/4 at LVL 405, so he's close, but not quite there yet.  He's still the most useful character, if only because of his AP drain.

If any of the enemy tile movers fire off one of their abilities, it's usually enough damage to take out Strange; LVL 433 4-star Cyclops is a BEAST!  5-Star Widow is very slow, and she can only fire off her black if I bring Gambit along.  I tried Hobo Fist/Power Man, in the Human Torch side node, but a Unibeam for 23K took out Hobo Fist without Iron Man breaking a sweat.  Other teams have met with similar results...

The scaling seems to be way worse than previous Boss events, although this is the first time I've had a champed 5-star for Civil War.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby was 4* Black Widow (Infinity War) not being boosted on iron man side just an oversight or was there another reason for it? Been using her on the BW required nodes even though she's not boosted just for the utility of her yellow so I figured I'd ask. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    So the next refresh has placed the wave nodes on Ares and Angel. I haven't tried the Ares wave yet but my Angel died in the first wave staring at 415 level characters. Its comical how badly they mess these events up. How are these characters meant to cope against scaling like that? Might as well just go in with 2 instead of 3 from the start. 

EDIT: Ares 9K health. Cap America, who he's up against, 51K health. Yeah, good luck buddy! 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the next refresh has placed the wave nodes on Ares and Angel. I haven't tried the Ares wave yet but my Angel died in the first wave staring at 415 level characters. Its comical how badly they mess these events up. How are these characters meant to cope against scaling like that? Might as well just go in with 2 instead of 3 from the start. 

EDIT: Ares 9K health. Cap America, who he's up against, 51K health. Yeah, good luck buddy! 
    You could always do the wave nodes on the other side,  Winter Soldier, Punisher 3 star
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby was 4* Black Widow (Infinity War) not being boosted on iron man side just an oversight or was there another reason for it? Been using her on the BW required nodes even though she's not boosted just for the utility of her yellow so I figured I'd ask. 
    If you look at the character pages, 2 & 3 BW are Team Iron Man, and 4 & 5 BW are Team Cap.  She’s really working that double agent thing!
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    What the... 1 day left, team IM round 3 and i have problem winning with my 5*s or powered 4*s against army of superhigh levels with 50k+ HP.
    I dont remember aliance events were that cruel...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phoenix in wave 1. Note to self, she comes back to life.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Phoenix in wave 1. Note to self, she comes back to life.
    Kill her last in her wave. If there are still 3 opponents when the cd resolves then she has no spot to return to.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Riri and Marv4l helped my ares get through. He just kind of sat there stunned at how it was two versus six in the two rounds of waves. He was useless. 

On the other sub against Phoenix, Beast and Silver Surfer - I think it was big Pun. Used Mockingbird and IM40. Fired three rounds of bombshells and a few blue and green mixed in there.