Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R157 update:

MPQ 157!
  • "Mind AND Matter"
What's Changed:
  • When Wiccan (Billy Kaplan)'s power Chain Lightning destroys a column consisting of an enemy Special tile, the next column it targets will be a column that has not yet been targeted before, during that instance of the ability being activated.
    • Chain Lightning destroy a maximum of 8 Columns per activation.
  • Wiccan (Billy Kaplan)'s power Magical Barrier can no longer heal Wiccan when he is Airborne.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's Changed:
    • When Wiccan (Billy Kaplan)'s power Chain Lightning destroys a column consisting of an enemy Special tile, the next column it targets will be a column that has not yet been targeted before, during that instance of the ability being activated.
      • Chain Lightning destroy a maximum of 8 Columns per activation
    When random was just too random, I suppose. :smile:

I mean, that's how most people assumed it would work, so that's a nice change.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mind and Matter...
    Molecule Man?
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    What's Changed:

Oh, good! Almost every single time I fired it, it targeted the same column a second time. Nice to see that can't happen now!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmmmm... lots of people were guessing Emma Frost with the clue given for Ghost, which was very similar (Mind Over Matter).

This new clue might actually apply to her more, as she is a telepath and can also change her form (matter) to diamond.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Hmmmmm... lots of people were guessing Emma Frost with the clue given for Ghost, which was very similar (Mind Over Matter).

This new clue might actually apply to her more, as she is a telepath and can also change her form (matter) to diamond.
    Yeah, if Mind Over Matter wasn't Emma, Mind AND Matter has to be. It's clear they read everyone guessing Emma from the Ghost clue and luckily had Emma on deck to release, so this clue is basically "But seriously, for real this time."
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    If any changes are removed from the build at the last minute, will we be informed?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe it’s finally Cable, since he uses his telepathy to control the matter in his arm....

on Wiccan: does that mean once it has theoretically cleared every row, it stops even if new enemy specials fell in from the top behind a column?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    -snip-

on Wiccan: does that mean once it has theoretically cleared every row, it stops even if new enemy specials fell in from the top behind a column?
    That's correct. If a column clear creates a new column with enemy special tiles, it still will not target that column again. The ability also has a limit of 8 columns destroyed, so each column would only be destroyed once per ability activation.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    it's going to be a big kick in the nuts when Dazzler is finally released and she's trash tier 5* or something. 
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Vision? Mind Stone and matter Phasing?
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Next character should be another 4 star right?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    it's going to be a big kick in the nuts when Dazzler is finally released and she's trash tier 5* or something. 
    Or the first 1* we've had in years. 
    Imagine what what happen if they finally brought Dazzler into the game, but as a support... *hides*
    Not even going to lie, I'd be legit mad at either of those. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Said it before...Dazzler will be the last character they release. She will be the only 6*. And her powers will all be troll-y. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

MPQ 157!
    • "Mind AND Matter"
    That's gotta be a Vision reference, no? 

Brigby said:

What's Changed:
      • Chain Lightning destroy a maximum of 8 Columns per activation.
    • Wiccan (Billy Kaplan)'s power Magical Barrier can no longer heal Wiccan when he is Airborne.
    That's a solid Wiccan buff, as that power fizzled out too soon too often, and having a cap of 8 columns is a fair trade-off.
  • mega ghost
    And I'd love it if this were Emma Frost as I've been requesting her for years now, and she does fit the clue, but we've got the 'Avengers: Infinity War' digital / DVD / Blu-ray releases coming up and I wouldn't be surprised if we got a couple more characters from it. Since Vision is powered by the Mind Stone in the MCU, and because of his ability to alter his matter to become either intangible or incredibly dense, my money is on him.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    And I'd love it if this were Emma Frost as I've been requesting her for years now, and she does fit the clue, but we've got the 'Avengers: Infinity War' digital / DVD / Blu-ray releases coming up and I wouldn't be surprised if we got a couple more characters from it. Since Vision is powered by the Mind Stone in the MCU, and because of his ability to alter his matter to become either intangible or incredibly dense, my money is on him.
    Yeah. Emma would be a welcome surprise, but the game leans more towards the MCU than anything else. But I hope for a usable Vision and another SW.
  • mega ghost
    STOPTHIS said:
    Yeah. Emma would be a welcome surprise, but the game leans more towards the MCU than anything else. But I hope for a usable Vision and another SW.
    Yes, having an unusable 3* Vision even after his rework has been a point of depression for me in this game. Vision needs to be done justice.

I also would like a 4* Scarlet Witch, now that you mention her, but not another MCU version with undefined powers.