Civil War - Event Details (7/10/18)

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Should the individual reward for Team IM be Moonstone not Storm as Moonstone is the featured character?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    bowla33 said:
    Fury is awful since the trap tile nerf. 
    Let's be honest. He was awful before, too.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    bowla33 said:
    Fury is awful since the trap tile nerf. 
    Let's be honest. He was awful before, too.
    Yup, getting rid of the AP requirement on yellow was good, but the nerf to Blue and Purple wasn't worth it.  Also for yellow, the stun should apply after all the damage from cascades is done.  What's the point of a stun when the power damage+crits+cascades will more often than not kill the recipient of the stun.  It should either process after the board settles, or as is the devs MO, make the stun random...
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    WEBGAS said:
    @Brigby 
    Do you know if the glitch on Team IM side has been fixed?
    Since the first launch of Civil War, until the last one, If an alliance managed to clear a round for the Boss, the Boss Battle node will be unlocked only if playing on Team Cap side. 
    Clearing a round on Team IM side, does not unlock the Boss Battle node. This could be very frustrating, expecially for the alliances which are willing to clear both paths.
    Thank you
    My understanding was that you had to complete both sides to get the extra unlocks. Since most do team Ironman first, you don't see it happen until knocking out a round of cap too. Please correct me if i'm wrong about this.

Anyway, putting the new release on just 1 side seems pretty lame to me. Either put it on both or don't use civil war as a 4* release event.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    WEBGAS said:
    Brigby  
    Do you know if the glitch on Team IM side has been fixed?
    Since the first launch of Civil War, until the last one, If an alliance managed to clear a round for the Boss, the Boss Battle node will be unlocked only if playing on Team Cap side. 
    Clearing a round on Team IM side, does not unlock the Boss Battle node. This could be very frustrating, expecially for the alliances which are willing to clear both paths.
    Thank you
    I believe that should've been fixed in the R156 build:
    • If a player is currently battling a boss and their Alliance completes the round, then the cooldown of the boss mission will be reset.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    fmftint said:
    Jarvind said:
    Always a fan of releases on boss events, although doing Civil War seems like a strange choice since one side has the goods and the other has a mediocre 4*.
    It's always been like that,  I remember Hulkbuster release, team IM got buster,  team Cap got Falcon 
    Hulkbuster's release was with an Ultron event almost a year before Civil War.
    Winter Soldier, perhaps.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    fmftint said:
    Jarvind said:
    Always a fan of releases on boss events, although doing Civil War seems like a strange choice since one side has the goods and the other has a mediocre 4*.
    It's always been like that,  I remember Hulkbuster release, team IM got buster,  team Cap got Falcon 
    Hulkbuster's release was with an Ultron event almost a year before Civil War.
    Winter Soldier, perhaps.
    The first run of CW was the IM & Cap 5* release when instead of LTs it gave the 5* cover (only time they've done that I believe).
    The second run of CW was around Winter Soldiers release 2-4 weeks later, but I think he was the single cover personal progress reward not the 3 covers from round clears.  I could be wrong though.  I do think HB was also a part of that, but he wasn't new at that point.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    War Machine was released via Civil War, along with Winter Soldier, in two runs of the event. I believe the two runs gave out 3 covers of each.  The other sides of the rewards were Hulkbuster (for Winter Soldier) and Falcap (for War Machine).  I think.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    So much complaining in my alliance about this event.  Everyone wants to play team iron man but feel stuck going for team cap due to the ghost covers being on that side.  Can't say I disagree
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    My round 3 iron Man boss node didn't unlock. So much for the issue of playing previous round boss while the transition happens not unlocking the boss being resolved
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    R156 Glitch still in effect. Also I’m only getting half credit for some wave nodes
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Mujo5 said:
    My round 3 iron Man boss node didn't unlock. So much for the issue of playing previous round boss while the transition happens not unlocking the boss being resolved
    Did you try exiting the app and restarting? That worked for me.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Is it me or is the boosted list longer than advertised? I am seeing Blade and Luke Cage up there but they are not on the list above.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Mujo5 said:
    R156 Glitch still in effect. Also I’m only getting half credit for some wave nodes
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team and it turns out they discovered a bug that was caused by the fix, so they unfortunately had to pull it from the R156 build last minute, in order to prevent it from affecting the event. Sorry for the confusion!
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler

Is it me or is the boosted list longer than advertised? I am seeing Blade and Luke Cage up there but they are not on the list above.
    It seems like EVERYONE one is boosted
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Mujo5 said:
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team and it turns out they discovered a bug that was caused by the fix, so they unfortunately had to pull it from the R156 build last minute, in order to prevent it from affecting the event. Sorry for the confusion!

Why didn't they tell you about it so that you could communicate that to us?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Brigby said:
    Mujo5 said:
    I just don’t even know anymore.  Is the communication that bad between Demi and D3?   
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    cozmo1682 said:

It seems like EVERYONE one is boosted
    It really does seem that way. Having Luke & Danny boosted together is nice indeed with Cloak & Dagger to feed black & yellow. Much fun.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    For the Team Iron Man and Team Cap nodes, everyone who is designated Team Iron Man and Team Cap is boosted. Makes sense
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'm loving the team of C4ge, HoboFist and W4sp, though in fairness, this event is fun in general.  There are so many different 4Stars boosted that I'm not stuck with one go to team.  I've used at least five different teams to take out IM.

I remember last time I ran this event, when IM brought out his legion it was demoralizing and almost game over for me.  This time, it's like pfft, no worries.

One last note, on Team IM, neither C4rol, 4Grocket nor G4mora are boosted so it's really giving me a chance to explore the second tier characters in the 4star realm.