MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2018 Edition *Updated (7/27/18)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Bubba3210 said:
    I noticed Storm is on Team Cap as a team group and on Team Iron Man as the 2*? Is that a typo?
    Nice catch! Looks like the team has gone ahead and changed Storm (Classic), on Team Iron Man, to Moonstone. I'll update the sneak peak accordingly.
    Who are the round rewards for each team in Civil War? Ghost for both?
    I'll be posting the event details today, but at a quick glance, it looks like Team Cap has Ghost and Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) as Round Rewards, and Team Iron Man has Nick Fury and Black Widow (Grey Suit) as his Round Rewards.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:

I'll be posting the event details today, but at a quick glance, it looks like Team Cap has Ghost and Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) as Round Rewards, and Team Iron Man has Nick Fury and Black Widow (Grey Suit) as his Round Rewards.
    Wow, so one of the teams doesn't even get the new release as a reward? Why would anyone want to play Team Iron Man this time around?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Consider Team Iron Man the side for top alliances to keep playing something after Saturday morning.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Why does only one side get ghost? 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bubba3210 said:
    Because giving Ghost on both sides would give top alliances 6 covers after the event.
    Apparently that's too generous.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    This is gonna be a lot more work than I'm used to putting in, getting personal progression on both sides, but with double iso being awarded it will definitely be worth it. I don't consider either of them as hard/annoying to put down in Round 8 as Ultron - the bombs were one-shotting even my boosted 4-stars, and if you got a bad board in terms of the colors you need and/or being able to match the bombs, you were screwed. Tony's yellow can get aggravating if you can't deny him the AP, but that's honestly the most I can really complain about with either of these bosses. Looking forward to it. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Bubba3210 said:
    Because giving Ghost on both sides would give top alliances 6 covers after the event.
    Would have been nice compensation for getting less release covers in boss events compared to regular pve release..
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bubba3210 said:
    Would have been nice compensation for getting less release covers in boss events compared to regular pve release..
    That would be somewhat arguable, to me it's less work to get 3 covers (compared to on the dot planning for pve grinds) and overall more covers distributed.
    It only doesn't work out for you if you're a top pve player in a slacker alliance though
  • Smart80
    HxiiiK said:
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bubba3210 said:
    That would be somewhat arguable, to me it's less work to get 3 covers (compared to on the dot planning for pve grinds) and overall more covers distributed.
    It only doesn't work out for you if you're a top pve player in a slacker alliance though
    Argue all you want, but less work doesnt count. First of all you need to play more different times a day, instead of an hour at a set time. Second to that, there are less covers to be won, period. The max you get from release boss event is 3, in normal event its 5. Cant argue that...
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    Argue all you want, but less work doesnt count. First of all you need to play more different times a day, instead of an hour at a set time. Second to that, there are less covers to be won, period. The max you get from release boss event is 3, in normal event its 5. Cant argue that...
    You can argue that.  Most days, arguing seems to be whole point to this forum.  Your opinions aren't facts.  There may be less covers won personally, but there may be more covers given out to players across the game.  Do you know?  It's less work for me in a normal boss event, with two sides for Civil War, it may not be.  In the recent boss events, I finish personal progression with nearly two days to spare.  The initial rounds for the boss and early side nodes are done in minutes.

I get fewer covers from boss events, and with dilution back in full effect, it sucks, but better for you or me is not better for all.
  • Smart80
    gravel said:
    Smart80 said:
    You can argue that.  Most days, arguing seems to be whole point to this forum.  Your opinions aren't facts.  There may be less covers won personally, but there may be more covers given out to players across the game.  Do you know?  It's less work for me in a normal boss event, with two sides for Civil War, it may not be.  In the recent boss events, I finish personal progression with nearly two days to spare.  The initial rounds for the boss and early side nodes are done in minutes.

I get fewer covers from boss events, and with dilution back in full effect, it sucks, but better for you or me is not better for all.
    Nope, still cant get 5 covers as before..
    Even if every player would get 3 covers for free, that wouldnt change...

i know forum is for arguing, but you cant twist that, unless you wanna make it about something else like you just did.. I dont care about total they give out, i care about how many i could get..
  • Smart80
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:
    HxiiiK said:
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bubba3210 said:
    Argue all you want.  While your point is valid, so is his...  The change to how releases work reduced the cover gain for less than 5% of the game population (and that's probably high) and probably raised it or kept at least kept it the same for 20+%.  It's a net win for the game as a whole and taking all active players into account I'm willing to bet more total new release covers are given out now then were before.

That being said, i was hoping for double Ghost too, but if they did that I would be upset every time a new release wasn't Civil War lol.
    So the best players get less and the slackers get more... I refuse to see that as a positive thing or even a valid point.

And if you see my innitial comment, I wouldnt be expecting it all boss events. It just would have been a nice opportunity for compensation for the times another boss than CW was used for 4* release...

Or at least do it 2 covers per side, so those that cant do both sides at least get to choose...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    So the best players get less and the slackers get more... I refuse to see that as a positive thing or even a valid point.

And if you see my innitial comment, I wouldnt be expecting it all boss events. It just would have been a nice opportunity for compensation for the times another boss than CW was used for 4* release...

Or at least do it 2 covers per side, so those that cant do both sides at least get to choose...
    #MPQFirstWorldProblems

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot. On shield training is 209 the highest level needed for you 4* characters?
  • Jaedenkaal
    tiomono said:
    I forgot. On shield training is 209 the highest level needed for you 4* characters?
    That's what it's been lately.
  • Smart80
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:
    HxiiiK said:
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bubba3210 said:
    Argue all you want.  While your point is valid, so is his...  The change to how releases work reduced the cover gain for less than 5% of the game population (and that's probably high) and probably raised it or kept at least kept it the same for 20+%.  It's a net win for the game as a whole and taking all active players into account I'm willing to bet more total new release covers are given out now then were before.

That being said, i was hoping for double Ghost too, but if they did that I would be upset every time a new release wasn't Civil War lol.

Well of course not, you're claiming everyone who doesn't get the top rewards is a slacker. Not the people who play hard but don't have a solid roster to compete, or the people who can't play at the specific times required to micromanage out enough dozen extra points for top placement. It's a game. The "best players" still get to dominate PVP and every other PVE event, new releases seem like a decent time to err in the favor of the general populace. Boss event releases are compensation for the rest of the system, we don't need further compensation to slide things back in the favor of the top percentage of all players.

Besides, with Growth Industry, we're getting more Ghost covers for this release than we have in every other Boss release we've had so far, it's a little silly to insist we should have extra "compensation" on top of that.
    Do I insist on compensation? No, I dont. Do i get less from boss events? Yes. Can i say it would be nice to get as much as from regular events or a little more cause we got less before? Why wouldnt i?

Please dont make assumptions.. I am not claiming that everyone besides top are slackers. Fact is though, that you wont have to perform much if in decent or even mediocre alliance, to get same rewards as top players. But yeah, most you describe there are in fact slacking compared to top players...
    If i can still get t20 of 1000 players on a prejoin bracket, while i missed part of grind, lot of people arent trying to play optimal...
    And yes, it indeed is a game, with rankings and rewards. Why do so many here like to think that the rest of the system needs to be compensated cause the dont earn the same rewards as those that have the time, money or skill to get better rewards.

Anyway, this isnt about the fact that boss events give easy covers to everyone..

Growth industry indeed is nice, but still less covers to be available than before on normal releases. Add the extra dilution in 4* tier by taking off the extra pull rate on latest 12 toons, and its getting harder and harder to cover them...

Smart80 said:

#MPQFirstWorldProblems

Lol, its an online game, copy paste and post that in every single topic...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Smart80 said:

Smart80 said:

#MPQFirstWorldProblems

Nah, I just highlight particularly egregious examples.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 said:

Smart80 said:

#MPQFirstWorldProblems

Nah, I just highlight particularly egregious examples.
    Its indeed not as important as your “AP Gained popups don't show all minion-gained AP” or “missing coulson sound effects” topics..