Ghost (Quantum Thief) (7/9/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"Due to a childhood accident, the mysterious Ghost is stuck phasing in and out of reality. With the help of a high-tech suit, she now harnesses this power to her advantage.

Ghost is fixated on Pym Labs, and since walls are no obstacle for her heists, she appears to be a nearly-unstoppable force."

Check out the brand new 4-Star Ghost, and find out how you can recruit her onto your team! 

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Villains
purpletilepng redtilepng bluetilepng

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Supply Run - 10 purpletilepng AP
Ghost bypasses security to search for experimental tech. Creates 4 Invisibility tiles targeting Ghost.
(PASSIVE) Whenever you match an Invisibility, restore 1,130 health to Ghost.

Unphased - 10 redtilepng AP
When she can phase at will, Ghost fears no confrontation. Deals 3,923 damage. If Ghost is Invisible, instead deals 9,886 damage, ignoring enemy Protect tiles.

Power Cycle - bluetilepng Passive
Ghost's containment suit gives her incredible control, but only for a limited time. Ghost's base match damage increases by 300%. Whenever Ghost fires an ability, creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that grants 6 Red AP. While this Countdown Tile is on the board, this power becomes Stasis Protocol.

(With Power Cycle)

Stasis Protocol - bluetilepng Passive
Ghost needs time to fall back and regain her strength. Ghost's base match damage increases by 100%. When there is no Power Cycle Countdown tile on the board, this power becomes Power Cycle.

Recruit Ghost!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: July 12th, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: July 19, 12:00pm EDT
  • Price 7,000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)
    • The Punisher (MAX)
    • 16x Elite tokens
    • 6x Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Ghost & Foes - Vault
  • Starts: July 15th, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: July 20, 3:00am EDT
  • 80 Items: 
    • 1x Legendary token
    • 3x Beginner Support tokens
    • 1x Random Ghost (Quantum Thief) cover
    • 2x Random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
      • Nightcrawler (Classic)
      • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)
      • The Punisher (MAX)
    • 21x 3-Stars
      • 3x Featured
      • 18x Random
    • 52x 2-Stars
      • 10x Featured
      • 42x Random

Event Schedule

Civil War
  • Starts: July 12th, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: July 16th, 12:00am EDT
  • Ghost (Quantum Thief) in Round Rewards
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training
  • Starts:July 12th, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: July 19th, 12:00pm EDT
  • Rewards tokens to Civil War, random cover of Ghost (Quantum Thief), and more
Meet Rocket & Groot
  • Starts:July 15th, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: July 20th, 2:00am EDT
  • Ghost (Quantum Thief) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Ghost & Foes vault
Just a Phase
  • Starts:July 15th, 8:00am EDT
  • Ends: July 18th, 3:00pm EDT
  • Ghost (Quantum Thief) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Ghost & Foes vault

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's so Civil about War anyway?

Looking forward to seeing how Ghost plays. I like how she looks and enjoyed the movie.

Let's do it!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    It looks like an an easy 3/5/5 build.
    300% match damage right off the start is awesome. This character looks simple to play though. Cast her power and her damage reduces to 100%. Then get someone to reduce her countdown quickly. Coulson might be good?

I just saw the visual for power cycle. Her match damage is even higher than some of the 5-stars'.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    It looks like an an easy 3/5/5 build.
    300% match damage right off the start is awesome. This character looks simple to play though. Cast her power and her damage reduces to 100%. Then get someone to reduce her countdown quickly. Coulson might be good?
    Wait... you mean... she might actually work with Kingpin?

Oh, no, I guess not. I'd rather have the 6 Red AP. Yeah Coulson would help out. Also Sam Wilson, for whom the red AP gen might actually work nicely.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    (PASSIVE) Whenever you match an Invisibility, restore 1,130 health to Ghost.

Does her purple regain health for any invisibility tile matched (including a hypothetical opponent one), or just one of hers?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ghost release in Civil War, does this mean we can obtain up to 6 ghost covers in a double clear? 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Time to dust of Howard the Duck!  (it is too bad purple makes both of them invisible) I will definitely be trying Ghost/Howard/IW just to drive people up a wall.  Overall she looks interesting, I would say 3/5/5 unless you need her to heal up, I am assuming the purple is true heal is not her use will be more limited.    She could be a very solid third with a good nuke or a viable red battery for a more powerful character.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    For 7ap, you can spam 4 inviz tiles off of Bl4ck Widow, and her yellow could make Ghost's cheaper as well; perhaps that team would work better than Howard (12ap for 1 extra inviz)?
  • Brigby
    Time to dust of Howard the Duck!  (it is too bad purple makes both of them invisible) I will definitely be trying Ghost/Howard/IW just to drive people up a wall.  Overall she looks interesting, I would say 3/5/5 unless you need her to heal up, I am assuming the purple is true heal is not her use will be more limited.    She could be a very solid third with a good nuke or a viable red battery for a more powerful character.
    Yes. The heal on Ghost is a true heal.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint said:
    Ghost release in Civil War, does this mean we can obtain up to 6 ghost covers in a double clear? 

@Brigby, is this going to be the case?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Difficult to justify running Howard with her, their invisibility tile powers are both purple and Ghost needs to use hers or else she doesn't get the damage boost on her red. I'm guessing that her invisibility tiles won't trigger Duck Duck Loose's damage-over-time effect either. She seems to have been specifically designed not to have synergy with him....
  • Jaedenkaal
    CNash said:
    Difficult to justify running Howard with her, their invisibility tile powers are both purple and Ghost needs to use hers or else she doesn't get the damage boost on her red. I'm guessing that her invisibility tiles won't trigger Duck Duck Loose's damage-over-time effect either. She seems to have been specifically designed not to have synergy with him....
    Well, he gets slightly more Invisibility tiles per AP (0.416 vs 0.4) so if you still have at least 1 of Ghost's tiles out, you'd be slightly better off firing Duck, Duck, Loose instead, assuming you could avoid ever matching that last tile. But yeah, I don't think this is the Ghost/Howard interaction anyone is really looking for. Defilade is probably much better, if that's what you're really into.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Ghost + C4ol = Amazing
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Are all new releases going to be boss events?  This is the 3rd or 5th in a row now?  Can we at least alternate back and forth as this is a punishment for those of us who compete at high level pve.
    (and before anyone states the obvious, yes I know it’s a small number impacted), but this is a pretty significant change that really didn’t get much discussion, as usual.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    I don't either, I mentioned the purple overlap, his green and blue do match well with her though, you deny green and have a solid hold.  You would have to get his purple out first then Ghosts for maximum efficiency but that is a lot of purple there are more efficient ways to spam invisible tiles for sure.  But Howard needs some love :)

I do think she will pair very well with IW, no color overlap but fewer tiles for  healing purposes.  You will need her to heal because she has to tank to benefit from her blue.  You might not need it though if you keep everybody invisible.  I think Road Warrior's idea of throwing 4 Black widow into the mix might work very well, Suri might be another good partner plus she fortifies so you can double dip on the matches.  You are going to have to play her on a 4 star team to benefit from her blue power so that true heal will be important especially if you want to maximize it.  She may fall into the same pitfall as Iron Spider where she does not play with 5's well but I think her red generation will make her more useful than than first glance.    
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ghost + C4ol = Amazing
    Hm. One CD for firing a power, and doesn't make special tiles? No cover overlap, so at least there's that. I'd probably still bring Coulson.
  • Brigby
    *Corrected Power Cycle match damage values to reflect level 270 Ghost, as opposed to 370.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    *Corrected Power Cycle match damage values to reflect level 270 Ghost, as opposed to 370.
    Ok so she won't be better than gambit now lol.