Wave node in Antman GI

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
How did you fare after they reset AP in between waves? I used JJ, Nico and Chavez and only JJ lost about half her health. It was actually a slug fest, with JJ and Chavez alternately pummeling enemies harder and harder from Nico's tile boosts. Heh!

Comments

• Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    OML / Gambit 5* / Captain Marvel 4* - breezed through
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No challenge now, shame.
    DD Okoye Medusa waltz through it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Hawkeye Gambit, Coulson oh the CD tiles.  I started each wave with 30 blue and 30 red AP
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    @Bowgentle, I am with you on this no chalange at all first one was a lot of fun and got people thinking about strategies and how to implement them 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    AP resets in between waves now??
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    elko90 said:
    @Bowgentle, I am with you on this no chalange at all first one was a lot of fun and got people thinking about strategies and how to implement them 
    People who bash their heads on these insanely difficult nodes and call it a "fun challenge" are bizarre to me.

I'm not saying you're wrong to do so. I'm not saying you're weird, I'm just saying the thought process is something I don't get. It's like people who play those insane Mario Maker builds for fun.

I don't need to win all the time, but I can never derive pleasure from extreme hardship.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Exactly, the first Heavy metal node after the seeds I was denied all my colors, being constantly robbed by Loki and  Hood. And of course they cascaded the whole time. I just could not get Hood down, aarghhh. Finally with only Gwen Pool left, I got the green I needed to gun IM40 down. Matches like that makes you tear your hair out.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I just used medusa rocket and gamora the entire time
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos/Medusa/Rocket. Its a long slog with scaling of 447 but got there. 
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    elko90 said:
    People who bash their heads on these insanely difficult nodes and call it a "fun challenge" are bizarre to me.

I'm not saying you're wrong to do so. I'm not saying you're weird, I'm just saying the thought process is something I don't get. It's like people who play those insane Mario Maker builds for fun.

I don't need to win all the time, but I can never derive pleasure from extreme hardship.
    On this game everything is on autopilot so a challange once in a while is welcomed. Thats why we want the gauntlet back 
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I used Shuri,Vulture and Hobo...the same team I used for the other one.  Had no issues either time. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shuri/Clint/Coulson super easy with this team
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    No challenge now, shame.
    DD Okoye Medusa waltz through it.
    I used XFD/Medusa/Okoye and cut through this node like a hot knife through butter.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    elko90 said:
    elko90 said:

On this game everything is on autopilot so a challange once in a while is welcomed. Thats why we want the gauntlet back 

I find this kind of challenge is the cheap kind. Like when you play a video game on the hardest difficulty and the change is the enemies have 200% health and you have 50%. It's not legit hard, it's just a grindy chore as you chew through a huge health bar in every fight.

It's long winded and tedious after a while. The stretegy generally boils down to "How can I cheese this?"
  • Bowgentle
    elko90 said:
    elko90 said:

I find this kind of challenge is the cheap kind. Like when you play a video game on the hardest difficulty and the change is the enemies have 200% health and you have 50%. It's not legit hard, it's just a grindy chore as you chew through a huge health bar in every fight.

It's long winded and tedious after a while. The stretegy generally boils down to "How can I cheese this?"
    How did you make it through the roster based scaling days?
    6 of 9 nodes in every sub were like this.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Bowgentle said:
    elko90 said:
    elko90 said:

I'd spend 60-90 minutes clearing a sub event. It was awful.

Sometimes I'd say "Oh...THAT node. I'm not doing that one." and miss out on purpose.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle said:
    elko90 said:
    elko90 said:

I'd spend 60-90 minutes clearing a sub event. It was awful.

Sometimes I'd say "Oh...THAT node. I'm not doing that one." and miss out on purpose.
    LOL fair enough :)
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly I didn’t notice the difference.  Hawkeye/Coulson gets going so fast that it wasn’t difficult the first time.  It almost feels like cheating on these nodes.

I do enjoy the challenging nodes, whether it’s 5* essentials, Gauntlet, or more puzzley nodes like Kaecilius.  Keep ‘em coming!
  • Voldemort93
    Voldemort93 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I'm expecting the last node to me more challening with the 5 waves. I used Rocket Ironman and Star Lord in the Wasp Growth industry event. Hoping to clear out this one too with the same setup.

I personally like the challenge
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm also in the "it was too easy this way" camp. America/Carol/Mockingbird did fine the first time around, and skated through this version without even slowing down. It was like that old Schlock Mercenary strip where they're talking about how "hot knife through butter" is an insufficient metaphor, and bring in a dude with a chainsaw to demonstrate a more accurate one.