New Supports: Wasp Gauntlets *Updated (7/6/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2018 in MPQ Supports Discussion
Update: Starting today (7/6/), players will get login gifts for logging into the game (00:00 to 24:00 EDT).

Here's a list of what you can get!
  • 7/6 - Rank 2 Wasp Gauntlet Support
  • 7/7 - 3x tokens to the Strange Sights vault
  • 7/8 - 2x Beginner Support tokens to the Wasp Gauntlets Support store
  • 7/9 - 2x Beginner Support tokens to the Wasp Gauntlets Support store
  • 7/10 - 1x Advanced Support token to the Wasp Gauntlets Support store
  • 7/11 - 1x Advanced Support token to the Wasp Gauntlets Support store

Hi Everyone,

Wasp Gauntlets are here as our newest Support, so get ready to blast your foes with Pym Particles to turn the tide of battle. 

Wasp Gauntlets

Perk List

(All Perks are listed at Level 250, Rank 5)
  • Unlocks at Rank 1
    • The supported character's base Blue match damage is increased by 398
  • Unlocks at Rank 3
    • When the supported character is healed, they heal an extra 1,568 health.
  • Unlocks at Rank 5
    • When the supported character makes a match, there's a 50% chance to fortify a friendly special tile
  • Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) Synergy Perk
    • When Wasp makes a Match-5, there's a 67% chance she'll create a Swarm tile.

Store Offers

General
  • Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters) will be visible in the Support screen at 7:00 AM EDT on Tuesday July 3rd
  • New vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM EDT later that day (See Below).
  • All special offers last for two days.
Supports: Wasp Gauntlets Store
  • Has all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:
    • Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)
    • The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)
    • Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)
    • Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)
    • Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)
    • Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)
    • Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)
    • Hulkling (Young Avengers)
    • Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters)
  • Wasp Gauntlets is available at 4x odds
  • Has Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs
  • The odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27.
  • Only visible if you have a token for it.
Wasp Gauntlets Vault
  • A 120 item vault
    • 1x Wasp Gauntlets: Master token
    • 5x Wasp Gauntlets: Advanced token
    • 9x Wasp Gauntlets: Beginner token
    • 1x random 4-Star
    • 14x random 3-Stars
    • 63x random 2-Stars
    • 1x 300 Red Iso-8 items
    • 3x 200 Red Iso-8 items
    • 3x 150 Red Iso-8 items
    • 2x 50 Red Iso-8 items
    • 3x 25 Red Iso-8
    • 2x 5,000 Iso-8 items
    • 5x 1,500 Iso-8 items
    • 8x 1,000 Iso-8 items
Ant-Man Heroes for Hire Offer
  • Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 4,800 Hero Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • Ant-Man (Scott Lang) Yellow Cover
    • 2x Wasp Gauntlets: Advanced token
    • 3x Wasp Gauntlets: Beginner token
    • 1,500 Red Iso-8
Wasp Heroes for Hire Offer
  • Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 250 Command Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) Black Cover
    • 1x Wasp Gauntlets: Master token
    • 1x Wasp Gauntlets: Advanced token
    • 5,000 Red Iso-8

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still horrendously overvalued.
    That's a pass from me. 
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    This is working great  equipped on medusa or carnage thanks my fave support so far
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Not that anyone cares but the number of Advanced Support Tokens in the CP deal has been reduced from 3 to 1. Either that, it's a typo.

Anyway, if support store is opened, I guess you have to use CP to purchase them anyway, just like how you purchase 4* or 5*. 

Edited: it's an error. It shows three Advanced Support Tokens in the game.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

c) making it blantly aimed at one character makes it feel like a cash grab to make a character "complete" when the ability could have been built into that character

I don't agree with this. Unless the goal of supports is to just make the strongest characters even stronger, they absolutely SHOULD be tailored to specific characters or a specific group of characters.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Swipe left.

Or is it right? Not sure I don't use tinder

Either way, hard pass
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:

c) making it blantly aimed at one character makes it feel like a cash grab to make a character "complete" when the ability could have been built into that character

I don't agree with this. Unless the goal of supports is to just make the strongest characters even stronger, they absolutely SHOULD be tailored to specific characters or a specific group of characters.
    I can agree with both of you. In this case when a support comes hot on the heals of the release of the specific character it enhances it can seem like the scenario @PolarPopBear describes in bullet point c). Especially, when the character in question is so lackluster to begin with. The sad thing is even if Wasp were to have these gauntlets equipped it does not maker her viable IMO.

When character specific support behavior was released for characters that had been around for a while and more importantly were viable on their own, it did feel more like a nice bonus vs something that should have been there to begin with.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    edited July 2018
    I'm intrigued by the idea of supports that don't have a new perk at every rank, and get a highly useful perk at rank 3 instead of having that power spread across ranks 2, 3, and 4.

I'm less intrigued by the idea that a Vault token has a 1:120 chance of granting a token that you can only get once, which then has a 1:27 chance of having the desired quality and a 4:31 chance of being the new Support item. Although my Rational-Brain is aware these are non-zero odds, my Heuristic-Brain commits enough consecutive rounding errors that my Decision-Brain ranks purchasing this "deal" right now as lower-value than going out and buying 75 Powerball tickets with the same money, with the intent to spend a lot of Powerball money on MPQ if I win.

ABaker84 said:
    Swipe left. 

Or is it right? Not sure I don't use tinder

Either way, hard pass

Yeah, Upswipez is more intuitive.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:

In an ideal world, every 5* would have a Support that has a perk specifically for them.

I do agree that dropping a Support for a brand new character makes it feel like that character is "incomplete", but I wouldn't call it a cash grab, or claim that the Support's abilities should have just been built into the character. It just makes the end goal for a character feel further away, which I think is a bad thing right when the character comes out. I have one Wasp cover now, and to champ her and acquire and level the Support feels like such a far off goal it makes me mentally write off the character, when in reality I'm perfectly capable of champing Wasp alone. It's like if you had to walk 1 mile for a burger, but 9 miles for some fries, and then decided you weren't hungry enough for the burger because you don't want to walk 10 miles (even though it's perfectly reasonable to walk that 1 mile, get the burger, and stop and enjoy it there, you can't help but link the burger to the 10 mile total, you know?). If that makes any sense.

As a side note, I also think it would help if these character-specific supports came out alongside other supports that weren't so specific. Wakanda did it better. Ancestral Plane, Dora Milaje, Kimoyo Beads, Vibranium Ore, and Shuri's Lab. 2/5 for Panther (one with a specific perk for the 5*), 2/5 for heroes (one with a Shuri-exclusive perk, but broad enough perks it would work just as well with any number of red/green users), and 1/5 free for any character.

At first the Royal Talon Fighter felt like a Wakanda support delayed to release with Okoye, but now it feels like the first of three sequential "new character supports", and those feel a tiny bit lackluster because most don't have the new character to use them with.

ALSO, shame this Support only had 3 perks, because each perk gives it a chance to be useful with another character, and fewer perks universal perks only increases the odds that it will only ever be equipped to the character who gets the bonus from the Synergy perk.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Another support...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    The biggest issue I have with supports is they are way to hard to obtain.  To be able to get an opportunity to get this new support you need to pull from a 120 piece vault.  If you are lucky enough to get said token you are at the mercy of the RNG gods to get the support.
    2nd is the cost to level said support once you get it.  Red ISO is so shot in supply it is best to just hoard until absolutely necessary then raise the support to best fit the meta characters.  
    ‘Please add support tokens to progression in PVE and PVP.  The higher the CL you choose the better the support token is you can get.  2nd keep 5X red ISO as regular iso.  You are releasing an new support every 2 weeks there is just not enough red iso to level them.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Stop hiding the supports behind these CP walls. I might consider giving it a go, but a) if I'm hoarding good luck getting me to buy them and b) if I'm not hoarding I don't have 250 CP sitting around. 

I could join a couple of buy clubs to get the CP! $200 for a low chance at a 5* support that I'm not even sure is worth it? 

No thanks. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    No thanks... this is a hard pass.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    moss04 said:
    In order to get a 5 star support from the wasp gauntlets vault by buying 40 packs until you get the master token and the resetting, would on average take 616,600 hero points.  But that is just a random 5 star support.  To get the gauntlets, will on average take around 2 million hero points.  That's 100 stark salaries, or about 10 thousand dollars.

They still just don't get it.
    But if one person does all that, it might cover the development cost of this support!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would really like to know what, if any, schedule might be under consideration to make some of the “one time” Supports more available somehow.  Unless it’s just these vaults they keep launching.

Note that I am not excited about Support dilution, but would like to try to pull some of the Supports that aren’t currently available in any way.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Free wasp gauntlet support at rank 2. I just got mine. I think this is unannounced or a surprise?
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Was wondering the same. Finished a match and was tapping the screen and saw it flash but couldn't read the text...lol