Roster advice for a formerly mismanaged roster

Comments

• ssbledsoe
    ssbledsoe Posts: 52 Match Maker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Hulkbuster belongs to a meta that was passed by some time ago but he can be very useful as he is quite often boosted for Boss events and can one-shot them through several rounds, so he will probably get use.
    I used him in the last boss event a bit and it was nice to one-shot some rounds, but it still felt brutally slow.  Granted, time isn't a huge issue w/ boss events, but it can lead to odd questions of why I'm in the **** for so long  :D
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You've got to feed Hulkbuster. He is like a ravenous Galactus who must always consume, but he eats AP instead of planets. You have to constantly feed him. Bring Vulture to make red and blue. Bring Medusa to make blue. Bring 3Fist to make black. Bring 3Cyclops to make red. Bring Hood so he can steal it all. Bring Switch to make purple so 3Fist can make black so HB can make red... just funnel it all into HB and let him pound everyone to a pulp.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    ssbledsoe said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Hulkbuster belongs to a meta that was passed by some time ago but he can be very useful as he is quite often boosted for Boss events and can one-shot them through several rounds, so he will probably get use.
    I used him in the last boss event a bit and it was nice to one-shot some rounds, but it still felt brutally slow.  Granted, time isn't a huge issue w/ boss events, but it can lead to odd questions of why I'm in the tinykitty for so long  :D
    Lol! The answer in the long run is bring boosted Riri instead!
  • ssbledsoe
    6/20/18 Update:
    2* Land:
    The farm has gotten ignored a bit and somewhat stagnant.  Between Boss Events, MPQ vs DP, and ISO needs elsewhere, my 2*s have been stuck in a rut.  I've pretty much stopped pulling any tokens that aren't event related or Standard (hoarding Elite, Heroic, etc).  I have a vine of about 40 2*s covers that are waiting for ISO and some of them will probably end up getting converted into ISO.  I have 6 champed (Moonstone @ 133, Wolverine @125, HE @ 121, BE @ 115, Thor @ 114, and Magneto @ 110).  Cap, Ares, CM, Daken, & HT all have 13+ covers.  BW & Storm have been sold and rerostered, and they're at less than 13 covers.  I'm guessing it'll be at least next week before I think about spending any ISO on 2*s; which sucks, but I want to finish off the 3*s that have needs before doing anything with the 2* farm.

3* Land:
    Here's where most of my ISO has been going.  I've champed, QS Rags, Gamora, and Colossus.  I've dumped all of the rest of the ISO I currently have into Psylocke who will get champed in the next 24 hrs.  Once she's done, I still have the following ready to champ w/ covers on the vine: Punisher, Hawkguy, & Doc Ock.  Sentry just hit 13 covers with none on the vine, so I should be able to take a breathe after I square away the ones w/ covers expiring in the next 14 days or so.  About a week ago, I switched my BH away from anyone that could need ISO to champs that were close to pushing out a 4* champ reward, leading to less cover waste.  This is where my BH will remain for the foreseeable future.  My ISO needs are very much outpacing my ISO generation, so I've taken some measures against cover waste.  Currently, I have the following 3* stats:
    13 covers w/ covers on vine waiting for ISO: Psylocke, Punisher, HE, Doc Ock
    13 covers none on vine: Sentry
    Less than 13 covers: Sam Wilson, Elektra, Vision, HT, Angel

4* Land:
    A little action here and a lot of RNG luck.  I've been pulling LT's and Classics trying to fill out my 5* roster to compete in SCL 7 PVE for placement.  I know I'm playing with fire, but so far I've not been burnt much...yet...
    I've invested some ISO in soft capping 4*s for LTs from CotT.  I've put a little ISO into Nico, Ant Man, Nova, Pun Max, and Wiccan.  Not much, but enough to get them in the 150ish range to be able to beat CotT.  
    The new saved cover feature has been very useful here.  I've got a few saved covers, and no 4*s on my vine currently, which is partly an RNG miracle. 
    Once I get my 2&3*s straightened out, I could use some suggestions on where to go from a 4* perspective.  I have been able to progress a few 4*s to 13 covers, and wondered who should be my first priority for ISO in the next couple weeks.  Currently, I have the following:
    13 covers: Medusa, Valkyrie, Jubilee (currently at 12, but green progression cover from next PVE will put her at 13)
    12 covers: Red Hulk, Yondu, Drax, Nico, America, Peggy
    11 covers: Kingpin, Vulture, Ghost Rider, MEHulk, Nova
    With my ISO income letting me champ about 1 4* a week, I'm not sure what my direction should be.  I really like using Vulture in PVP.  America is just fantastic in PVE w/ 50% Gladiathor.  I have Carnage at 3-3-3, and would pair nicely with Medusa + essential to take the target off me in PVP.  Sure, it's a season or so away, but planning and opinions can't hurt.

Current BH are set:
    3* Mystique - currently LVL 176 - Just trying to limit the cover waste and looking to work towards adding the Iceman Blue cover.
    4* Vulture - currently 5-1-5 - Definitely up for some rec's/discussion here.  I really like Vulture.  He's fun and his blue is helpful; along with that whole battery thing.  I had avoided BHing him for awhile, but the saved cover feature pretty much removes all the risk here.
    5* Thor - currently 2-2-0 - No change here.

So, after much trash talking, buffed IMHB really was a fun play.  I take back all the negative things I said about him.  He was pretty useful to 1 shot some annoying opponents.  It just took me some time to figure out who to pair him with, and how to best use him based upon opponents.  I ended up using him A LOT with my Rogue spec'd 5-3-5.  I'd use her Green to battery either black or blue; fire that and repeat.  She was a very nice tank w/ her yellow deflecting a lot of damage.  She really saved some health packs for sure.

Ultimately, I'm definitely just waiting for ISO (who isn't, right).  My goal is to avoid pulling 2*&3* covers.  I'm still trying to finish off my 4* & 5* rosters so that I don't have to sweat any essentials.  I know it's going to bite me sooner or later, but I'm pretty close to the finish.  I'm down to 3 4*s yet to roster (Devil Dino; Blade, Gwenpool), and 6 5*s (BW, DD, Doc Ock, GG, JJ, and The Hulk).  Obviously Dino isn't much of an issue, but the missing 5*s really suck for placement rewards.  Until next time.
  • Dormammu
    edited June 2018
    Okay...  :)

Take those forty 2-star covers on your vine and sell them. That's 10,000 ISO. Who cares? 2-star covers drop like rain in Seattle. You can start and stop your farm at any time for any reason. Saving 2-star covers from expiring on your vine shouldn't even be on your list of priorities because you'll just get some more covers tomorrow.

3-stars: Just keep plugging away here when you can. None of what you have left are at all pressing. Hawkeye is the best of the bunch, Ock has niche uses, while Psylocke and Punisher are antiquated dinosaurs that won't help you beyond required nodes and champ rewards.

4-stars: Medusa and Valkyrie are the priority here, with an emphasis on Medusa. She is a linchpin meta-defining character at the 4-star tier (and beyond). Jubilee is junk.
    ssbledsoe said:
    Once I get my 2&3*s straightened out, I could use some suggestions on where to go from a 4* perspective.
    Let me give you some advice I recently posted in another thread:

1) Hoard all CP and LTs until you have enough ISO to champ a 4-star (and either 1000HP or an open roster slot).
    2) Open classic legends until you get a new 4 or 5 star character not on your roster, or you get a 14th cover for a 4-star character
    3) Roster the new character or champ the 4-star and stop opening tokens
    4) Save to 1000 HP or enough ISO to champ a 4-star again
    5) Repeat steps 2-4
  • ssbledsoe
    Selling the 2*s has been something I've considered to use the ISO to clean up my 3*s that need champed.  I do have a Psylocke cover that will expire if I don't generate a bit more ISO in the next 12 hrs or so; and, it's not like I'm going to put any ISO into the 2*s in the next 10 days anyways.  

I know most of the 3*s I have left are pretty much trash, but part of me wants to completely finish champing that tier completely before getting back to the 4*s.  I'm literally 14 total covers and roughly a million ISO away from completing the tier.  With some RNG luck, that should be something that could be done within a month.  At least that what I'm telling myself to keep from just completely jumping into the 4* tier.

I definitely want to get Medusa champed.  I think she's a big deterrent in SIM to ward off attacks.  I would ideally like to get her and Carnage champed by the end of next SIM season.  By then, I might have a better idea of who to use as a 3rd with that team.  I really like Vulture, although I like the Valkyrie thought too.  She was fun in the HoD PvE.  

Thanks for reposting that advice.  I actually wandered across it after I posted this, and thought it was very good.  Thanks again!
  • Dormammu
    ssbledsoe said:
    I definitely want to get Medusa champed.  I think she's a big deterrent in SIM to ward off attacks.  I would ideally like to get her and Carnage champed by the end of next SIM season.  By then, I might have a better idea of who to use as a 3rd with that team.
    There are a few good choices:

Iceman - Carnage makes enemy tiles. You (and the AI) match those enemy tiles. Medusa makes green, blue, and purple AP when those tiles are matched. Iceman uses green, blue, and purple to destroy your foes in short order. This is a scary team.

Vulture - He'll be swimming in blue/green AP with Medusa making it for him and off his own black. He saves himself from Carnage's enemy tiles by being airborne a lot.

Mr. Fantastic - This is my favorite choice. Between his and Medusa's passive heals, the team is basically immortal. Medusa will make him blue which he uses to stun for 4 turns(!) and create two fortified protect tiles that will negate the damage from Carnage's enemy tile creation. Just bury the defense tiles in the corners and they last forever. This team, in my opinion, is one of the top 3 best teams at the 4-star tier. I rarely get attacked in the Sim with this team out on defense, and when I do they win more than they lose.

Doc Ock (3-star) - Every time you match one of Carnage's enemy tiles, Ock's passive will spit out friendly attack tiles. Between him and Carnage, you'll flood the screen with attack tiles and do thousands of damage every turn. If they get matched away, who cares? Medusa will use them to heal you and Carnage/Ock will make more next turn.

Iron Fist (3-star) - This is a sleeper pick that I don't see very often, but it works brilliantly. First of all, you add Fist's passive attack tile to Medusa's attack tile and all of Carnage's attack tiles. It's a huge chunk of damage every turn, right away, and at no AP cost to you. Next, Medusa is making green and purple AP. Fist can use the green to make strike tiles which add their damage individually to all the attack tiles. Ouch! As for the purple... well, Iron Fist knows how to wreak some havoc with purple.
  • ssbledsoe
    Dormammu said:
    ssbledsoe said:
    I definitely want to get Medusa champed.  I think she's a big deterrent in SIM to ward off attacks.  I would ideally like to get her and Carnage champed by the end of next SIM season.  By then, I might have a better idea of who to use as a 3rd with that team.
    There are a few good choices:

Iceman - Carnage makes enemy tiles. You (and the AI) match those enemy tiles. Medusa makes green, blue, and purple AP when those tiles are matched. Iceman uses green, blue, and purple to destroy your foes in short order. This is a scary team.

Vulture - He'll be swimming in blue/green AP with Medusa making it for him and off his own black. He saves himself from Carnage's enemy tiles by being airborne a lot.

Mr. Fantastic - This is my favorite choice. Between his and Medusa's passive heals, the team is basically immortal. Medusa will make him blue which he uses to stun for 4 turns(!) and create two fortified protect tiles that will negate the damage from Carnage's enemy tile creation. Just bury the defense tiles in the corners and they last forever. This team, in my opinion, is one of the top 3 best teams at the 4-star tier. I rarely get attacked in the Sim with this team out on defense, and when I do they win more than they lose.

Doc Ock (3-star) - Every time you match one of Carnage's enemy tiles, Ock's passive will spit out friendly attack tiles. Between him and Carnage, you'll flood the screen with attack tiles and do thousands of damage every turn. If they get matched away, who cares? Medusa will use them to heal you and Carnage/Ock will make more next turn.

Iron Fist (3-star) - This is a sleeper pick that I don't see very often, but it works brilliantly. First of all, you add Fist's passive attack tile to Medusa's attack tile and all of Carnage's attack tiles. It's a huge chunk of damage every turn, right away, and at no AP cost to you. Next, Medusa is making green and purple AP. Fist can use the green to make strike tiles which add their damage individually to all the attack tiles. Ouch! As for the purple... well, Iron Fist knows how to wreak some havoc with purple.
    My Iceman is at LVL 152 at 3-4-3 (soon to be 3-5-3 after a Mystique champ reward), so definitely an option.  My Vulture is LVL 213 and 5-1-5; with saved covers, I will definitely look to get him champed after Cardusa.  Mr. F is at 2-0-0 for me.  I had him at something like Lvl 147 and sold him off when I started this thread/reworked my roster.  I pretty much trashed all of my support characters in favor of other/higher covered characters.  Live and learn I suppose.  I like the 3* recs too.  That'll give me a decent set to work while I'm waiting to champ the 4*s.  

Side note, since my last update I've been able to champ Psylocke and Doc Ock.  Hopefully in the next 7-10 days I can champ HE, Pun, Angel, and Sentry.  Selling the 2* covers certainly helped move things along.  I'd like to think that I'll have everything 3* and below straightened out in the next couple weeks.  Wishful thinking...
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Angel can certainly wait. He is pretty useless.
  • ssbledsoe
    7/3/18 Update:
    2* Land:
    The farm continues to languish.  I've sold Wolvie and Moonstone and used their ISO elsewhere. I'm down to 4 champs (HE LVL 133; BE LVL 132; Mags LVL 131; Thor LVL 130).  I've been selling whatever 2*s I get every few days.  ISO needs elsewhere.  Maybe I'll start the farm again in a week or two.  Maybe...

3* Land:
    Since last update, I've been spending plenty of ISO here.  I have champed Psylocke, Pun, HE, Doc Ock, and Sentry.  I'm down to 5 3*s left to champ and currently have the following 3* stats:
    13 covers w/ covers on vine waiting for ISO: Angel (5 on the vine)
    13 covers none on vine: Elektra
    Less than 13 covers: Sam Wilson, Vision, HT
    I'll probably champ Angel in the next week to generate an LT.  I have 7 days and change before the 5th cover expires.
    I've been using my 3* BH to generate 4* progression covers.  Once I clear out some 4*s, I'll try and finish up the 3-4 that need covers.

4* Land:
    I've been chasing Wa5p some and opening LT's as they arrive.  I've gotten a lot of great covers and still have yet to waste any.  I was able to champ Valkyrie since the last update.  Since then, I've gained 14th covers for Jubilee and Medusa.  Both will get champed without too much hassle.  Jubilee will get champed in the next couple days and Medusa in the next week.  I'm looking forward to having Medusa.    
    Currently, I have the following:
    13 covers: Red Hulk, GR, MEHulk, Yondu, Iceman, Nico, Peggy,
    12 covers: Carnage, America, Invisible Woman, Kraven, Ant-Man, Drax,
    11 covers: Kingpin, Vulture, Nova, Wasp
    The plan here is to spend the next week champing my 4*s w/ vine covers (Jubes/Medusa) and hoarding LT/CP.  I've been playing w/ fire pulling as I go the last few weeks and probably best to quite while I'm ahead.  I'd like to champ the 2 I can now and then finish up the 3*s followed by rechamping the 2* farm.  It shouldn't be much of a hoard/take too long, but if I keep pulling w/ the 4*s at 13 covers, I'll end up needing to champ before I can get the ISO or continue to neglect those 2&3* areas.

Current BH are set:
    3* Doc Ock - currently LVL 178 - Trying to get him to 183 for Carnage's 13th cover.
    4* Carnage - currently 4-3-5 - With Medusa ready to champ, I want to get Carnage champed ASAP as well.  Per recs above, Iceman will be right after them.  Should be fun to run out in SIM.
    5* Thor - currently 2-3-1 - As I said, I'd been pulling LT/CP as I go...and I hit 2 BH in the last couple weeks.  I'm pretty happy to have my Gladiathor this well covered.  I was able to pull a JJ cover, which was nice.  It was blue too, so that's pretty cool.  I'm down to needing 2 4*s (Dino; Blade), and 6 5*s (BW, DD, Doc Ock, GG, Wa5p, and The Hulk).

Overall, pretty happy w/ my progress since the last update.  Hopefully by the next update the 2* farm will be back running and the 3*s will be at least fully covered.  Until next time.
  • ssbledsoe
    7/31/18 Update:  Almost a month since I've swung by here.
    2* Land:
    With the announcement of essentially unlimited covers, I jumped back to restarting my farm.  I have all of them fully covered w/ just BE & Thor needing ISO.  By the end of the week, this will be self sustaining for the next few weeks/month (CM is highest LVL'd at 128).  Because of my pause, they should hopefully get spaced out evenly where I can sell them and rechamp them at a fairly reasonable clip.  I'll also not be locked into the ISO crunch of worrying about covers expiring

3* Land:
    I'm down to just needing the ISO to champ the remaining 3 in this tier.  Once this is done, I'll be able to push almost ALL of my ISO to the 4* tier.  Again with the saved covers expansion, I'll champ Falcon, Vision, & Elektra in the next week or so and not have to worry about anything in the 3* tier for months.  

4* Land:
    Since the last update, I was able to champ Jubilee, Medusa, and Carnage.  Medusa/Carnage have made PvP SOOOOOO much easier.  Sure, I'm not able to just float at 900, but the climb is much more easy going and I don't get wiped nearly as often as I used to.  This was definitely a nice leap for me to make.

Again, the saved covers expansion is a game changer here.  I had hoarded over 40 pulls between CP & LT.  I pulled all of my LT's and used my CP for Classics.  I now have the following characters fully covered:
    Red Hulk
    Ghost Rider
    Nick Fury
    MEHulk
    Ant Man
    Drax
    Yondu
    Kraven
    Gamora 
    Iceman
    Nico
    Invisible Woman
    Peggy
    America
    I know I have a bunch of quality characters in this bunch, but obviously it will take me months to gather the ISO to champ them all.  The obvious question is which order to prioritize.  Red Hulk would be great to help combat the GrockDoraDusa SIM teams.  Gamora is an obvious choice, but I'm stuck at 1-1-1 w/ my 4R&G.  Iceman has been mentioned as a great 3rd for Cardusa, but it'd be a SIM exclusive and I'm not sure he needs to be prioritized over Gamora.  Nico also looks like she'd be an interesting add to Cardusa.  Peggy is a boss and I obviously could pair her w/ IM40 which would add to my PvP arsenal.  I like America for PvE, but I don't think champing her is of much need as I don't use her for match damage and I'm guessing it'll be awhile before she's boosted again and probably best to wait.

Any and all suggestions on how to tackle this are more than welcome'd!

Current BH are set:
    3* Iron Fist - currently LVL 221 - Trying to get him to 223 for another 4Fist Blue cover.
    4* Mr. Fantastic - currently 2-2-2 - Looking to get him paired w/ my Cardusa team.  A few days ago I struggled to take out a 250 Medusa and 209 Mr. F w/ a loaner PVP and it was still all I could do finish them off.  It required stunning both Medusa and Mr F(after Mr. F had stunned 2/3 of my team...) to get through them.  The Medusa/Mr. F combo really just makes it an absolute slog and exhausting match that I don't think is a big target when someones trying to hop.  
    5* Thor - currently 2-3-1 - No change here.  After getting 2 5* BH in a week, I'm sure I won't see another one for another year or so.  

Overall, I'm down to needing 4 5*s to have every worthwhile character in the game (still need to roster Natasha, Murdock, Ock, and Goblin).  Once those are rostered, I won't really be spending any HP on roster slots.  Maybe I'll hunt the Bagman trophy, but that'll be it until the 3*s start to max out.  With the next update I expect to have no worries on the 2 & 3 star front, and I'll be fully focused on the 4* tier.
  • Dormammu
    ssbledsoe said:
    I know I have a bunch of quality characters in this bunch, but obviously it will take me months to gather the ISO to champ them all.  The obvious question is which order to prioritize.

Iceman, Peggy, Chavez, and Gamora are game-changing 4-stars. Champing them will make you better instead of just larger. Rhulk is close to that level, but not quite there; he needs to be boosted to generate that level of impact, but when he is boosted him and Switch can clear out an entire PvE sub all by themselves. The other four I mentioned do not need to be boosted to have an enormous impact on what you can do.

After that, none of those need to be a priority. None of them are bad, not even Kraven, but they're either mid-tier or play niche support roles.

P.S. Iceman doesn't need Medusa and Carnage to shine. He can do that all by himself. If you are looking for a duo team with Iceman for PvP or PvE essential nodes, look no further than your Vulture.
  • ssbledsoe
    Dormammu said:
    ssbledsoe said:
    I know I have a bunch of quality characters in this bunch, but obviously it will take me months to gather the ISO to champ them all.  The obvious question is which order to prioritize.

Iceman, Peggy, Chavez, and Gamora are game-changing 4-stars. Champing them will make you better instead of just larger. Rhulk is close to that level, but not quite there; he needs to be boosted to generate that level of impact, but when he is boosted him and Switch can clear out an entire PvE sub all by themselves. The other four I mentioned do not need to be boosted to have an enormous impact on what you can do.

After that, none of those need to be a priority. None of them are bad, not even Kraven, but they're either mid-tier or play niche support roles.

P.S. Iceman doesn't need Medusa and Carnage to shine. He can do that all by himself. If you are looking for a duo team with Iceman for PvP or PvE essential nodes, look no further than your Vulture.
    I'm down to needing to champ the last 3 3*s and then I'll attack these 4.  

Would you go in the order you listed them?  That's my inclination save I would flip Gamora and Chavez.  She mostly sits in back of my PvE team and throws out crits that Gladiathor uses to blow up the board.

Any opinion on 4* BH???  Should I stick with chasing Mr. F or should I try and get 4R&G covered to champ with my Gamora???

My Vulture is at 12 covers (5-2-5) currently after this mornings HfH purchase.  I could BH him and get him champed as soon as I get a 3rd Green or I could just save the CP and buy it outright (which is my inclination).   
  • Dormammu
    Your vulture is okay at 5 black covers if you just want to use him as a battery and get some others champed. As for their order... it depends on what you need. Iceman is a jack-of-all-trades. Awesome stun, nuke, AoE, board manipulation... he's got it all. Gamora is much the same without an AoE, but with an insta-kill thrown in. Chavez is an offensive machine and really shines against goons, but a bit of bad luck against active opponents will stop her in her tracks. Peggy is... just awesome. She will destroy all three of your opponents with a bit of acceleration (like, from IM40 or Vulture). She can stop an opposing team dead with her passive yellow and blue stun, and then do massive damage to down them all at once.

ssbledsoe said:
    Any opinion on 4* BH???  Should I stick with chasing Mr. F or should I try and get 4R&G covered to champ with my Gamora???
    Grocket will give you more utility. Mr. F is probably Medusa/Carnage's best teammate. I'd say bonus Grocket - he'll help speed your PvE/seed clears and is a bigger part of the meta. Mr. F will only really help you (right now) in the Sim.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have a ton of experience with him but from what I have heard, Kraven is a great niche debuffer of enemy tiles.  Perhaps he would be a great addition to Cardusa so that you would further minimize damage from Carnage tiles.  I personally think that Iceman is just a good all around 4* that is viable in just about any team for PvP or PvE.  Peggy with Cardusa may earn you a lot of skips in PvP defense since it would take a lot to take that team down, both in game play and just time (thanks to Carnage).
  • ssbledsoe
    Dormammu said:
    Your vulture is okay at 5 black covers if you just want to use him as a battery and get some others champed. As for their order... it depends on what you need. Iceman is a jack-of-all-trades. Awesome stun, nuke, AoE, board manipulation... he's got it all. Gamora is much the same without an AoE, but with an insta-kill thrown in. Chavez is an offensive machine and really shines against goons, but a bit of bad luck against active opponents will stop her in her tracks. Peggy is... just awesome. She will destroy all three of your opponents with a bit of acceleration (like, from IM40 or Vulture). She can stop an opposing team dead with her passive yellow and blue stun, and then do massive damage to down them all at once.

ssbledsoe said:
    Grocket will give you more utility. Mr. F is probably Medusa/Carnage's best teammate. I'd say bonus Grocket - he'll help speed your PvE/seed clears and is a bigger part of the meta. Mr. F will only really help you (right now) in the Sim.
    Sounds like I'll go Iceman, Peggy, Gamora, Chavez.   I like the idea of having a cheap stun w/ Iceman.  Peggy is absolutely a monster.  Especially when boosted.  I just don't think we'll see that for a minute so I'll put her second.  Gamora and Chavez are a coin flip for me, but I'll lean Gamora just because she feeds 5* Thanos and it'd be nice to get another cover on him.

Grocket makes sense.  I've just balked at chasing him since he doesn't have a feeder and there's not a good way to get covers other than from pulls.

Warbringa said:
    I don't have a ton of experience with him but from what I have heard, Kraven is a great niche debuffer of enemy tiles.  Perhaps he would be a great addition to Cardusa so that you would further minimize damage from Carnage tiles.  I personally think that Iceman is just a good all around 4* that is viable in just about any team for PvP or PvE.  Peggy with Cardusa may earn you a lot of skips in PvP defense since it would take a lot to take that team down, both in game play and just time (thanks to Carnage).
    I like the idea, but won't be in a rush to try it.  I'd ideally like someone with a little more offense.  Medusa keeps the team healthy by matching tiles.  I've had characters get near downed by a nuke, only to hide them in the back for a handful of rounds and suddenly they have 1/2 health again.  Cardusa is a pretty fun team.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Nice work dude. I can’t state strongly enough how much of a milestone champing all the 3*s is. Albeit with saved covers there wouldn’t be any waste now anyway, but the steady stream of champ rewards will support your roster growth for a while yet. 

Fully agree with the other posters - Peggy, Bobby, Gamora and Chavez are the pick by a yard so prioritise those first. Now vaulting is no more there is no reason to chase any characters but the best ones.

You say about no more roster slots though, but what happens when 3*s start getting to 266?
  • ssbledsoe
    Rod5 said:
    Nice work dude. I can’t state strongly enough how much of a milestone champing all the 3*s is. Albeit with saved covers there wouldn’t be any waste now anyway, but the steady stream of champ rewards will support your roster growth for a while yet. 

Fully agree with the other posters - Peggy, Bobby, Gamora and Chavez are the pick by a yard so prioritise those first. Now vaulting is no more there is no reason to chase any characters but the best ones.

You say about no more roster slots though, but what happens when 3*s start getting to 266?
    Thanks man!  Appreciate the advice!

I don't see any of my 3*s hitting 266 anytime soon.  At least not for many months.  My highest 3* is GSBW at 232.  I'll happily start rostering dupes at that point, but it's a long way off (in my mind anyways).  It feels really good to know that I've finished off this tier.
  • Dormammu
    @ssbledsoe - You created this thread in April. It is now August, so roughly 4 months have transpired. Just out of curiosity, do you know how many 3-stars you champed in that period of time?
  • ssbledsoe
    Dormammu said:
    @ssbledsoe - You created this thread in April. It is now August, so roughly 4 months have transpired. Just out of curiosity, do you know how many 3-stars you champed in that period of time?
    Great question.  Based on my 4/13/18 Gamependium:
    22 of the 3*s weren't even on my roster.  Of the ones I had rostered 8 of them were not championed.

All told, I've championed 30 3*s in that time.  

I only had 2 4* champs at that time (XFDP, XFW), and now I'm up to 11.  So I've champed 9 4*s in that time.