4* DDQ: Battle of the Brainiacs: Teachers Assistant Hulk vs The Beast with the Brain!

With a champed TA Hulk I didn't bother denying or even really actively chasing my colours. I let Hulk's passive do most of the AP gathering for me and smashed Beast into a blue furry puddle.
LT got me a Venom champ level. 

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gave my 3/5/0 level 152 TA Hulk a shot without boosts to get a feel for how possible it'd be, and won on my first shot.

I concentrated on collecting green and blue, denying Beast his main damage powers and letting my countdown chip away at his health every three turns.  I saved my green AP until I had collected enough blue for the bonus damage, and to take out Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough countdowns.  Beast did fire his green once or twice, but the damage was minimal without any blue special tiles.  He also managed to heal once, but it didn't make a difference to the outcome.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was surprised at how easy it was for my 2/4/1 lvl 152 CHulk. Expecting a harder fight, I loaded up with "Any Hulk" damage boosts and extra green and black AP, but really didn't need them. I fired green once to clear one of his countdowns, and black a couple of times just because I had the AP for it, but match damage basically did the job.

Token was a 6th yellow for IW, but she's at 5/3/4, so I set her as my 4* BH and hopefully I'll pull a non-yellow for her sometime in the next two weeks.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I loaded up with "Any Hulk" damage boosts...
    Now there's a good use for a useless boost! I never even thought of that, not that this crash was difficult for my champed Cho. Two Hulk crashes in a row that I could have done in my sleep.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    Poor Beast.
    Leveled up my 3/5/3 Cho to lv120 but looking back, that might not have been necessary. Succeeded first try with no boosts. Hoarded green and punched away the Mutagenic Breakthrough cd tile whenever needed, it didn't go off once. Damage numbers for Beast's green were surprisingly low and even one yellow miracle could not save him.

Token to the hoard to pull right before JJ leaves latest to get that 13th cover.
  • TPF Alexis
    Dormammu said:
    I loaded up with "Any Hulk" damage boosts...
    Now there's a good use for a useless boost! I never even thought of that, not that this crash was difficult for my champed Cho. Two Hulk crashes in a row that I could have done in my sleep.
    Someone mentioned using X-Men boosts for Wolverine's Crash in another thread, and it was still in my mind here. It's the first time I've used any of the specific boosts.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Level 209 first try no boosts. I wasn’t paying attention and he healed 3 times to boot. I am on one heck of a crash streak, kinda nice 😁
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Level 209 first try no boosts. I wasn’t paying attention and he healed 3 times to boot. I am on one heck of a crash streak, kinda nice 😁
    Tell me about it. Since the start of this Crash Cycle with Agent Venom, months and months ago, I've won them all and I'm fairly certain I'll win the last few as well. Full cycle baby!
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3 272 Chulk, no boosts.  Mainly chased Green and Black but it wasn't hard to beat Beast. 

Iceman champ level..
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 127 2/4/2 Chulk and this was surprisingly easy.

Poor old Beast, he doesn't really do anything very well.
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:

Not on his own. But I did like him and Khan together when I was in 3* land. He makes it pretty easy to keep her inspiring everyone with his cheap blue.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crazy easy with a 272 5/5/3. Haven't opened the LT yet.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    My 5/5/3 lvl 275 CHulk slept through class and still aced this test. Even my wife's 3/1/5 didn't sweat it too much.

Done hoarding for now, legendary token got me a Cloak & Dagger champ cover, which got me 3 CP.........

The Ci-i-i-rcle of Legendaries....
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Tell me about it. Since the start of this Crash Cycle with Agent Venom, months and months ago, I've won them all and I'm fairly certain I'll win the last few as well. Full cycle baby!
    I won’t make the whole cycle. Got a few still that don’t have a prayer, but it’s been a while since one of those popped up.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Not on his own. But I did like him and Khan together when I was in 3* land. He makes it pretty easy to keep her inspiring everyone with his cheap blue.
    I think I would use Hawkguy for that nowadays but I can see the use.
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Yeah, Hawkguy has probably surpassed him for that. Except during Beast's boost weeks.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Yeah, Hawkguy has probably surpassed him for that. Except during Beast's boost weeks.
    Heck, even Gambit.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 3/5/5 level 209 Cho didn't have too much trouble with Mr. Beast. He managed to get each of his powers off once, but it was too little, too late. My reward was a champ level for Blade.