Avengers Vs. Ultron - Event Details (6/27/18)

2»

Comments

• roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Kraven/Eddie/Medusa works fine.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had completely forgotten that I even had Kraven rostered. Turns out he is 0/3/3 so I'll take some covers.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    My 0/0/3 Kraven is excited. Funny thing is all other 4*'s released after Kraven I have either Champed or have a lot more covers for. Kraven covers seem to be eluding me. Not that I care though, since he will be one of those 4*'s I might use when boosted.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    First battle against Ultron gave me the 'Mystery Boost' reward...
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    First reward for beating Ultron is indicated to be 1CP (as it used to be) but is actually 500 Iso... This was changed why exactly? Gotta have your priorities, right...?

Well, I used to just let my teammates with lower rosters clear the earlier rounds and just pick up the 1 CP each round from the free unlock. Might have to do a second clear now. This change seems really unnecessary to me, but ok... carry on I guess.

Edit: Ok, so it's randomised? Still a weird change in my opinion.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Kraven seems so worthless, i'm pretty determined to find a use for him. I am pretty likely to champ him before a few other options I have to be honest. My carnage isn't ready for prime time, but Kraven + Cardusa seems like an obvious team, as does the Sinister 3 of EB Venom, Carnage, Kraven. Outside of that, maybe putting him with Elektr4 and somebody? creating opposing specials isn't the most common power; would have been nice if he could self-synergize that power with his own stuff rather than having two expensive, useless moves. At least his animations are great though, he has some of my favorite art in the game.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J said:
    First reward for beating Ultron is indicated to be 1CP (as it used to be) but is actually 500 Iso... This was changed why exactly? Gotta have your priorities, right...?

Well, I used to just let my teammates with lower rosters clear the earlier rounds and just pick up the 1 CP each round from the free unlock. Might have to do a second clear now. This change seems really unnecessary to me, but ok... carry on I guess.

Boss node rewards have been random forever.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    If it's random, why post a table with what appears to be a progression of rewards? @Brigby ? I'm so used to tapping through all the screens that I barely noticed what I was getting, but checking my current Ultron I appear to have beaten him 5 times and have 1CP and two 1000-isos still left of the eight. So yeah, that looks pretty random.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    StevO-J said:

Boss node rewards have been random forever.
    In the beginning, yes they were random as almost everything was random back then. In the runs ever since 20 Iso rewards were banished the Boss rewards have definitely not been random, they were fixed as seen in the table. Well, either that or I have been getting them in that order by way of extraordinary luck of random pulls.

I know it's kind of silly to make a point of this, and I don't mind too much, but it feels a bit weird that this was changed or an oversight. Could just be me of course.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought they were changed to not being random some time ago as well.
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    They haven't been random for a long time.

I put in a ticket about not getting cp for my 6th clear
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Is it possible to get more than 21 hours notice for an alliance event? 

Maybe put up the banner, as you do with every other event?
    This way people who don't check the forum every five minutes can plan their lives around things that affect other people
    We usually do try to post alliance event details further in advance, however the announcement time for this one was a bit...unpredictable.
    AKA they probably wanted to release it at the same time as the Gambit nerf/season update but had to wait for Marvel HQ to release their article.
    That article also went live at like 3am EDT, which is unusual (even when updates here are delayed waiting on those articles, they tend to go live closer to 5-6pm EDT).
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Did the side nodes get a boost from 500 ISO to 1000 ISO, or am I imagining that?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 said:
    Did the side nodes get a boost from 500 ISO to 1000 ISO, or am I imagining that?
    From Sneak Peek thread:

Avengers Vs. Ultron (6/28/18) *New Update*
    Double Iso-8, Quintuple Red Iso-8

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Poor underrated Kraven...why do they mock you so?
    Underrated? Probably. But even fans have to admit he's super niche. And you tend to take decent damage even in that niche. 
    He's definitely a niche character, but this event *is* his niche.  He really, really shines vs Ultron goons.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Poor underrated Kraven...why do they mock you so?
    Underrated? Probably. But even fans have to admit he's super niche. And you tend to take decent damage even in that niche. 
    He's definitely a niche character, but this event *is* his niche.  He really, really shines vs Ultron goons.
    I'm actually even finding his Actives to be pretty good here. Since the Sentries have no Actives, there will almost always be enough AP in their strongest colour to max the effect of his black, and the way the Fighters and Gunners set off cascades, they tend to match the Trap tile from his blue pretty often.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Using Kraven was a superb tip. I use him alongside C4rol and whichever character is mandatory to use. I can't wait until the sentries reach their 5 special tiles. Only downside is you need to keep an eye on how many special tiles they have, bc feed the system makes you basically start over again.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Using Kraven was a superb tip. I use him alongside C4rol and whichever character is mandatory to use. I can't wait until the sentries reach their 5 special tiles. Only downside is you need to keep an eye on how many special tiles they have, bc feed the system makes you basically start over again.
    I think I've used Kraven more during this event than I have since he was released...