Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't think of any interpretation of "Jab, Jab, Cross" that would match what Luke is doing in that animation.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't think of any interpretation of "Jab, Jab, Cross" that would match what Luke is doing in that animation.
    He was trying to start a new dance craze but got "jab" mixed up with "dab".
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Luke's jabbing to the first four beats of Survivor's Eye of the Tiger
  • TPF Alexis
    Luke's jabbing to the first four beats of Survivor's Eye of the Tiger
    He's alternating hands, tho. There's no way for the first two punches to both be jabs. Even if he changed stance in between them so they were both lead hand punches, that kind of shift would turn it into something other than a jab. Something that's not one of the punches regularly used in boxing, in fact.

From the 1* node in today's DDQ: Is "Speed Shot" really an appropriate name for a power with a 2-turn countdown? Yeah, he fires off a bunch in quick succession at the end, but he sure takes his time getting there.
  • DAZ0273
    I always wondered why Moon Knight can heal himself by knocking people unconscious. I guess he just really, really likes punching and it gives him a warm afterglow or something.
  • TPF Alexis
    Just found out today that the AI can fire the same power twice in one Turn if one of them is from a Team-up. Not a situation players can set up, but the computer doesn't have the same restrictions on duplicated characters, and Psylocke is in TBE both as a character and a Team-up today. And both copies of her red got fired in the same Turn.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just found out today that the AI can fire the same power twice in one Turn if one of them is from a Team-up. Not a situation players can set up, but the computer doesn't have the same restrictions on duplicated characters, and Psylocke is in TBE both as a character and a Team-up today. And both copies of her red got fired in the same Turn.
    This happened one time in a wave node with Sentry. The AI fired a Sentry TU (though I didn't realize it was a TU at first) right before I finished the wave. The wave ended, and the new one came in with Sentry, who immediately fired the same power with AP.

So from my perspective, the game fired the same power twice, once before Sentry was even present. I thought it was a glitch until someone pointed out the AI probably fired a TU in the wave without Sentry, then fired it again using that color AP when he showed up in the next wave.
  • TPF Alexis
    DarthDeVo said:
    This happened one time in a wave node with Sentry. The AI fired a Sentry TU (though I didn't realize it was a TU at first) right before I finished the wave. The wave ended, and the new one came in with Sentry, who immediately fired the same power with AP.

So from my perspective, the game fired the same power twice, once before Sentry was even present. I thought it was a glitch until someone pointed out the AI probably fired a TU in the wave without Sentry, then fired it again using that color AP when he showed up in the next wave.
    She was actually on screen at that point, and fired her red, immediately followed by the Team-up. It was definitely a weird moment, but when I tapped over and checked the Team-up, it made sense.
  • DAZ0273
    So after all these years, I decided to add to my 1* roster with a shiny Spider-man (I know, I live dangerously) to replace trusty ol' Juggernaut. I haven't decided what happens to Juggs yet.

Man is it taking a long time to get his covers. I figured he would be done and dusted in like a week or so but no, I don't even have a cover in all colours yet.

It is at the point where I don't mind if I get a standard token in Daily resupply!
  • TPF Alexis
    Having lived on the west coast of the US all my life, I never really thought about Venom Bomb geographically. But the last couple of subs don't make sense. Why does Venom go out of his way to the Brooklyn Bridge, rather than just down to the waterfront somewhere on the same side of Manhattan as Liberty Island?

I assume the answer is more or less the same as why I never questioned it before, just "It's New York. These are New York places", and not much thought was really given to how the swarm would actually flow.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having lived on the west coast of the US all my life, I never really thought about Venom Bomb geographically. But the last couple of subs don't make sense. Why does Venom go out of his way to the Brooklyn Bridge, rather than just down to the waterfront somewhere on the same side of Manhattan as Liberty Island?

I assume the answer is more or less the same as why I never questioned it before, just "It's New York. These are New York places", and not much thought was really given to how the swarm would actually flow.
    Even Venom doesn't want to deal with traffic around the Holland Tunnel?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018

He wants to pay respects to 616 Gwen Stacy... 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    TPF Alexis said:
    Why does Venom go out of his way to the Brooklyn Bridge, rather than just down to the waterfront somewhere on the same side of Manhattan as Liberty Island?

Maybe Venom had a different destination in mind before Carnage turned up.
  • TPF Alexis
    In her Shield Training solo nodes, the instruction to "Form a Team of Ghost" seems oddly appropriate given the way she shifts around when she phases.

It also amuses me that Iron Man and Cap aren't locked out of fighting themselves in Civil War. Taking Boss Iron Man out with a Repulsor Punch is hilarious.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    So after all these years, I decided to add to my 1* roster with a shiny Spider-man (I know, I live dangerously) to replace trusty ol' Juggernaut. I haven't decided what happens to Juggs yet.

Man is it taking a long time to get his covers. I figured he would be done and dusted in like a week or so but no, I don't even have a cover in all colours yet.

It is at the point where I don't mind if I get a standard token in Daily resupply!
    That’s funny. I’ve thought about fostering Spidey lately to so I can mix it up a bit.
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:

That’s funny. I’ve thought about fostering Spidey lately to so I can mix it up a bit.
    1* Spidey is fun. I was using him to clear Seed teams and low level retals in the Beast PvP this evening. Match tiles for a while, at some point notice that I have a ridiculous amount of purple, keep firing that until I win.

On a different note: There is a power in the game called "Trap". There is a mechanic in the game called "Traps". But the Trap power doesn't actually use the Trap mechanics.
  • DAZ0273

It also amuses me that Iron Man and Cap aren't locked out of fighting themselves in Civil War. Taking Boss Iron Man out with a Repulsor Punch is hilarious.
    It is MPQ exploring the deep quasi-intellectual nature of their conflict where deep down they are actually conflicted and thus fighting against themselves. Or else MPQ is just a bit lazy and couldn't be bothered to lock them out.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

I hope yours gets covered quicker than mine! He is up to 1/4/4 now though.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    One thing always bothers me whenever Honor Among Thieves runs: are there people inside the symbiotes? Are they humans or just random aliens? If they're aliens, did they live on those planets with the Mindless Ones before they got taken over by symbiotes? And why do they exactly match the appearance of the human-inhabited symbiotes from Venom Bomb, right down to the "man, woman, dog" models?

For that matter, if those symbiotes were created by Doc Ock in a lab somewhere on Earth, how did they end up on a planet in deep space anyway?
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    CNash said:
    One thing always bothers me whenever Honor Among Thieves runs: are there people inside the symbiotes? Are they humans or just random aliens? If they're aliens, did they live on those planets with the Mindless Ones before they got taken over by symbiotes? And why do they exactly match the appearance of the human-inhabited symbiotes from Venom Bomb, right down to the "man, woman, dog" models?

For that matter, if those symbiotes were created by Doc Ock in a lab somewhere on Earth, how did they end up on a planet in deep space anyway?
    Watch Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy animated show on Disney XD.  They do a better job of explaining the symbiotes than I ever could here.  You might need to watch some of Marvel's Spider-Man (also on Disney XD) to get some of the Mindless Ones back story (there are 3-4 episodes with Dr. Strange and the Sanctum Santorum, including really good Halloween one and one with Moon Knight)