Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R156 update:

MPQ 156!
  •  "Mind Over Matter"
What's Changed:
  • Players can now see other players Supports!
    • When viewing the player's roster, characters that have a Support attached have the support icon displayed.
    • When viewing a player's roster, a button will be displayed at the bottom of the screen that lets the player see their Supports.
    • There is a button on the bottom of the Supports screen that takes the player to the Roster screen.
  • If a player is currently battling a boss and their Alliance completes the round, then the cooldown of the boss mission will be reset. (Removed from build, due to discovery of a bug) *New Update*
  • The background color of the Support page in the Character Information screen matches the other screens when Championed.
  • The maximum amount of covers you can have in your reward cache before experiencing problems has been increased. Please keep the number of covers in your reward cache to less than 10,000 covers.
Character Changes/Fixes:
  • Archangel (Classic)'s power Angle of Attack now downs characters that are Airborne, but stun immune, if the power reduced the character to 0 health.
  • Jubilee (Classic)'s power Heart of the Team will only display one banner per turn.
  • Okoye (Warrior General)'s power Piercing Throw can no longer target Locked tiles.
  • Sentry (Dark Avengers)'s power Supernova now counts Locked and Fortified tiles when calculating damage done to allies.
  • The Infinity Gauntlet is on the correct hand when Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s power Come and Get me is activated.
  • War Machine (James Rhodes)'s power Heat Signature no longer removes Locked Protect tiles.
  • Wiccan (Young Avengers)'s Magical Barrier tiles no longer create power banners when Wiccan cannot gain health.
  • A power banner is displayed when Wiccan (Young Avengers)'s Chain Lightning is activated rather than after the power has finished.
  • Wiccan (Young Avengers)'s power Chain Lightning can no longer target Locked tiles.
  • For each Appetite for Destruction tile created by Symbiote Abomination a tile will be destroyed. Fixed an issue were only one tile would be destroyed per turn.

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    • If a player is currently battling a boss and their Alliance completes the round, then the cooldown of the boss mission will be reset.
    This is a great change. I lamented being mid fight when someone else gets the KO and I basically lose out on helping the team.

Nice to see a bunch of character adjustments, even if nothing major.

OH and obligatory guess based on the hint... weird that it's the name of a power in game, but I'm going to go with Cranio! The villain with the tri-level mind!
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Nice to see some attention to fixing character issues.

Note that Banner will be the 5* Essential soon. Can we get him fixed so his level buff carries over to the Hulk after he transforms before he is required?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    fmftint said:
     Who keeps 10k covers on their vine? 
    I wondered the same thing...
    That's one heck of a hoard!!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    • If a player is currently battling a boss and their Alliance completes the round, then the cooldown of the boss mission will be reset.
    Cool, I had this happen to me last event.
  • BB_Karo
    BB_Karo Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    •  "Mind Over Matter"
    Given their possession of the Mind Stone in the MCU, 4* Loki or 4* Vision?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    rixmith said:
    Nice to see some attention to fixing character issues.

Note that Banner will be the 5* Essential soon. Can we get him fixed so his level buff carries over to the Hulk after he transforms before he is required?
    This is actually already fixed.  I checked it when he was buffed in a recent boss event....can’t recall which.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    fmftint said:

Yes, I never knew that would even be an issue. You couldn't select 1* and sell all?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:

Yes, I never knew that would even be an issue. You couldn't select 1* and sell all?
    It wasn’t 1* to the person it happened to. 
  • starlord1982
    starlord1982 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    So the supports thing, is that a precursor to them working in PvP? If so, supports just became a big deal.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems to be the case. The changes to PvP reward structure, the survey about PvP and now this....  

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

Character Changes/Fixes:
    • The Infinity Gauntlet is on the correct hand when Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s power Come and Get me is activated.
    Finally, our long nightmare is over! :wink:

While details like this should be low on the priority of things to fix, it makes me happy that they do anyway.
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    My first thought from the clue was Hank Pym. It would tie in with the ant man & wasp movie. Plus ghost can obviously manipulate matter at the quantum level, so to beat her you need to out think her. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mind Over Matter. So we will get Ghost then? She seems to phase through matter at will.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mind Over Matter = Emma Frost?
    I was thinking MODOK.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the supports thing, is that a precursor to them working in PvP? If so, supports just became a big deal.
    Yep was always going to happen. Despite the poll run on here where it was pretty unanimous that people didn’t want them in pvp they are going to be force fed to us. 

It will take a rework of how they are currently for me to ever take notice of them and having to check supports on an opponent slows the game even further. Worrying about them auto generating AP too.
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Mind Over Matter = Emma Frost?
    I was thinking MODOK.
    Legion / The Shadow King?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping for a telepath/telekinetic. The clue is one of Teen Jean's powers, but I'm not sure I see us getting a non-Teen non-Phoenix version of Jean (even though I'd kinda like to see one). Lots of Mutants that we could get, Emma Frost or Legion or the Shadow King as suggested, but also Cable (wasn't there a thing where he used his powers to keep the techno-organic virus in check, or something?), and for that matter Stryfe and Nate Grey, Rachel Summers, Hope Summers, Mr Sinister, etc, and then there's always the chance of something like a 5* Professor X (though not likely immediately after Wasp, more likely a 4* is next).