Should I start farming 2*s?

DanielleL
DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
Today I maxed out my champed 2* Captain America and received another cover for him after. I have extra roster slots and iso so should I go ahead and recruit the cover to start a farm? Or should I wait? And if I do wait, when should I start farming? Here's my roster if that helps: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/DanielleL/

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, you should absolutely start farming at this point. Especially since 2* Steve is one of the worst 2*, so there's really no reason to have him around except to unlock Required nodes. You've got 6 3* Champs. Even tho they're not the best, if you're playing at an appropriate SCL, two of them should be able to handle the 2* node just fine, even with a single-cover Essential.

A few more observations on your Roster if you don't mind:
    -Don't put any more ISO into your 5* characters. It's really not worth it until you're looking at going into the 5* transition, and it bumps up your MMR in PvP.
    - If you want them just for completionist/collecting purposes, keeping all those 1* is fine, but you really only need one of IM, Spidey (my fave), or Juggs to handle the 1* node in DDQ, and the rest can be sold if you need roster space, as can Bagman.
    - As I mentioned, your 3* Champs really aren't the best bunch. R&G and Falcon are the only really good ones you have Champed so far. The big three that I would focus on (Bonus Hero, one at a time) are Strange, Thanos, and IM40. Those three are serious game-changers while you're in the 3* tier. After that, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, SWitch, Patch, CMags, Steve, and Kamala Khan (and probably at least one more I'm blanking on because I'm up past my bedtime) are all really good, too, but not game-changers in the same way.

Hope some of this helps, and have a good one!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes.

3* Cap is much much better and so getting covers from farming the very terrible 2* version is the only reason to have 2* Cap around outside of essential nodes/DDQ.

To add to what Alexis says above - 3* Hawkeye is actually pretty good too, I would add him to the champ sooner than later category.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    After that, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, SWitch, Patch, CMags, Steve, and Kamala Khan (and probably at least one more I'm blanking on because I'm up past my bedtime)
    Cyclops and Thor.  ;) 
  • DAZ0273
    Dormammu said:
    After that, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, SWitch, Patch, CMags, Steve, and Kamala Khan (and probably at least one more I'm blanking on because I'm up past my bedtime)
    Cyclops and Thor.  ;) 
    I kind'a like 3* Thor but do you really need him if you have KK?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Why not? They serve much different roles. Sure they both have green AoEs, but the similarities end there.Thor is one of the best pure damage dealers at the tier and generates AP for himself, plus he's got a sizable pool of health. Too many people sleep on Thor because on his own he can be a bit slow, but he's absolutely amazing with IM40. Iron Man's yellow feeds Thor red and green while Thor feeds Iron Man yellow. You can play Kamala with them and she'll generate more green and keep everyone healthy by spamming her heal with all the powers going off.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    If you're going to be farming 2*s, it would be good for you to have the 3*s they feed on roster since they'll grow faster than un-fed 3s and are mostly at least mid-tier if not actively good. I agree with who @TPF Alexis told you to focus on outside the list of fed characters

• DAZ0273
    Dormammu said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Why not? They serve much different roles. Sure they both have green AoEs, but the similarities end there.Thor is one of the best pure damage dealers at the tier and generates AP for himself, plus he's got a sizable pool of health. Too many people sleep on Thor because on his own he can be a bit slow, but he's absolutely amazing with IM40. Iron Man's yellow feeds Thor red and green while Thor feeds Iron Man yellow. You can play Kamala with them and she'll generate more green and keep everyone healthy by spamming her heal with all the powers going off.
    True - IM40 and Thor were my first 3* Champions and their synergy was perfect, especially with a 2 cover yellow OML protecting them. That was when I first started really playing PvP.

I guess I was focusing on their perspective aoe's overly much and valued KK's heal over Thor's assets.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I definitely slept on 3* thor for the longest time on the grounds he was too boringly similar to 2* thor. 2* Thor was my dude though; before I was farming i used to solo both DDQ nodes he was eligible for with a max-champ 2*. 
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    You guys are off topic now, lol. That's alright though because the advice is useful. I was going to make a thread kind of like where you guys are going anyway. I was going to ask for suggestions for character combos that would work at the levels/coverage I'm currently at so if you guys can think of any that'd be awesome.

My champed weren't because I was focused on them, they just happened to be who I got randomly and/or from 2*s. I saved favorites for the ones I didn't have yet to help finish my 3* roster which I completed a few weeks ago. So now I can focus on any of them.

I did fave Strange now (and already got a bonus of him, yay). I started playing PVP more and notice he is popular to have on a team. Once I fought against him I understood why. Definitely gonna keep him faved.

Also, I like both KK and Thor. Though I think Thor is mainly because Thor, BW, and Bullseye were my main 2* team back before my 3*s got stronger. I still enjoy their combo so use them occasionally for DDQ and weak PVE fights.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    2* farming is worth it in the long-run.  The biggest issue you will probably have is some of the HP drain it takes to begin, unless you are willing to simply sell your champed 2* before you have your 2* duplicate fully covered.  I always kept the level 144 2* until I got the duplicate to 13 covers. 

Get 3* Iron Man (IM40) champed as soon as possible.  You will use him a lot and he is still one of the best AP generators in the game.  You want him at 5 yellow and 5 red to maximize his value.

I would also recommend hoarding your legendary tokens and CP.  You really need to build up your 4* roster and 5* characters are going to throw your MMR off for PvP and you really can't afford the roster spots at this time for all of the 4* unless you are spending significant $.  If you play PvP a lot, you may actually be better getting rid of your two 5* since neither of them are really top of the class in the 5* tier.  I would get other players opinions though first.  For story mode (PvE), the 5* aren't hurting you.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I don't keep 2* dupes myself, just sell at 144 once i have at least 1 cover to backfill. They drop fast enough it usually isn't an issue for me, and they aren't doing any kind of heavy lifting outside of DDQ where I notice them being under-leveled anyway.
  • DAZ0273
    I don't keep 2* dupes myself, just sell at 144 once i have at least 1 cover to backfill. They drop fast enough it usually isn't an issue for me, and they aren't doing any kind of heavy lifting outside of DDQ where I notice them being under-leveled anyway.
    I do this also. The only issue I have ever had with it is when bad luck lands the Behemoth Burrito on a line-up of a lvl70 4* and newly re-rostered lvl15 2* and so my 3* has to carry things through.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Most of my 4*s are now in a spot where they have at least 3-4 covers, and it's pretty cheap to add a few levels if they can't hack it. But yeah, there have been a few notable times where I've had like a 1-2 cover 4*, an unchamped 3*, and a recently flipped 2* where I had to rely on team ups to get through. As it is right now, i've been trying my best to finish champing all my 3s, (I have 3 left that aren't dupes, i decided to roster a dupe of mohawk storm who is my only max champ so far), and i'm about to be down to just having Bagman and 2-3 others who are champed at the 2* tier...should make things fun for week or so lol.