Using a lvl 152 (1/3/3) Wolverine for Clash of the Titans.

DanielleL
DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
edited July 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Not quite sure where I should put this topic so if a mod feels this fits better somewhere else, thanks in advance for moving it. 

According to gamependium's DDQ calender 4* Wolverine will be the character to use for Clash of the Titans starting 7/22. I don't have too many 4* yet so don't usually have the required character to do it and if I do have them they have one/two cover(s) so I haven't attempted any clashes yet since I'd almost certainly lose. However, I have 5 covers for him and he's my highest level 4* so I'm tempted to try with him. Right now I have him as my only favorited 4* so I can get him as a bonus if I even get any to level him up more in the next few weeks. 

I know it'll obviously be difficult but would it at least be possible to win? Or should I not bother trying?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018

I think you would need to be very lucky, somehow deny your opponent AP and still survive match damage. I could be wrong but I *think* XFW goes up against 3* Cyclops, so if that is the case his red can probably one-hit down you and of course he is an AP generating character which makes it worst.

XFW only good power is his black but with only 1 cover the damage will be mostly pathetic. Also his health is low for a 4* so you will have to rely heavily on gathering yellow and getting your CD to resolve, probably multiple times.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    DanielleL said:
    Not quite sure where I should put this topic so if a mod feels this fits better somewhere else, thanks in advance for moving it. 

According to gamependium's DDQ calender 4* Wolverine will be the character to use for Clash of the Titans starting 7/22. I don't have too many 4* yet so don't usually have the required character to do it and if I do have them they have one/two cover(s) so I haven't attempted any clashes yet since I'd almost certainly lose. However, I have 5 covers for him and he's my highest level 4* so I'm tempted to try with him. Right now I have him as my only favorited 4* so I can get him as a bonus if I even get any to level him up more in the next few weeks. 

I know it'll obviously be difficult but would it at least be possible to win? Or should I not bother trying?
    First rule of the of the Clash of Titans: if your 4* has at least some covers, you always give it some tries. :P 5 covers? Definitely attempt it. I mean, why not, you aren't losing anything by trying!

I've not attempted the Wolvie one yet, so I have no idea how low-cover friendly this one is, but you'd be surprised how many crashes you can win with a low-cover 4* + stubborness.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it's one of the hardest Crashes.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    But you should definitely try. With some boosts and a lucky board things might go your way. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no reason not to try it, it costs you nothing but a bit of time and when you win with an undercovered 4* it's one of the most rewarding things this game has to offer.

On my under-covered Crashes, I like to try and give myself bonus AP in the colors that matter, and then use the damage multiplier on criticals. For you, I'd suggest definitely bringing +2 yellow, +2 to all AP, and as many crit damage boosts as you can stack. Try to deny him his colors and keep a healing countdown on the board. Maybe early on you'll want to try and match it away yourself to do damage rather than letting it count down for a heal, but I'd guess you'll be wanting those hit points to stay up by the mid-match. I'm not planning to level my 1/4/3 lvl 94 XFW, but since I have more covers on his nuke I may not need to.

I will say though that I'm seeing Totally Awesome Hulk in heroes for hire starting in 3d 20h, which typically indicates he'll be the next crash.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Boost and Pray. No reason not to try.
    It if works you'll feel like a million bucks, I know I did on my first Crash victory (Iceman). If it doesn't work, well just blame it on your cover situation and try again in ~11 months when he comes around.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    +1 for boost and pray, sometimes you get multiple match-5 from the start.  Also agree he'll 1-shot you so focus on black and secondly deny red.   Some of the hardest challenges are the most rewarding to win e.g 1 cover Invisible Woman or PX.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did a 1-cover PX one time; man, that took FOREVER to nibble Elektr4 down, but it felt so cool
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    My lvl 147 0/3/3 Red Hulk beat 3* Hulk.  Did +2 all AP, +2 blue/purple, 100% match boost.  It was really close but I got it done.  I've been able to pull off a couple wins with low level and low cover 4s using boost and board control.

Good news for me, I only have 2 champed 4s, one of which is XFW :smiley:
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Give it a shot, and don't forget to equip a support that makes strategic sense.  Having a chance to start with 3 more black ap for instance could be just enough to help you win.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018

I will say though that I'm seeing Totally Awesome Hulk in heroes for hire starting in 3d 20h, which typically indicates he'll be the next crash.
    Next crashes should be
    2/7 - TA Hulk
    7/7 - Deadpool
    12/7 - Elektra
    17/7 - Kingpin
    22/7 - Wolverine

Also, never understood why in America the month is listed first?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DanielleL said:

Forgive me, OP, but this sounds like a question about life in general... Certainly, my life...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards

Because in voice conversation if you ask someone "what day is it" no one says today is "The 29th of June". They say it's "June 29th".

KGB
  • DanielleL
    KGB said:

Because in voice conversation if you ask someone "what day is it" no one says today is "The 29th of June". They say it's "June 29th".

KGB
    Unless it's the 4th of July. :P
  • DanielleL
    edited June 2018
    SymmeTrey said:
    If you happen to have any of the X-Men Damage Boosts (I think these were last issued with either Nightcrawler or Rogue release?), those are very helpful... that's really what got me through the Crash.
    I do have some from a few years ago. I have 6 20% X-Men and 2 20% Mutants so both should work. It didn't even occur to me to use those so thanks for mentioning them.
  • DanielleL
    Give it a shot, and don't forget to equip a support that makes strategic sense.  Having a chance to start with 3 more black ap for instance could be just enough to help you win.
    I only have 4 right now, one of which is for villains so I couldn't use on him. Avengers Tower, Element Guns, and Vintage Shield are what I have. All at lowest level because I haven't done anything support related yet. Any suggestion on which is best to use? Also, I have 7633 riso so could upgrade a little to help more.
  • DanielleL
    Hearing it's one of the harder ones is a little discouraging but I'll give it a shot like all of you said. I'm going to use as many of the suggestions you guys gave/give as I can. And hope that I get more covers of him before then because that'll definitely help.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    DanielleL said:
    I only have 4 right now, one of which is for villains so I couldn't use on him. Avengers Tower, Element Guns, and Vintage Shield are what I have. All at lowest level because I haven't done anything support related yet. Any suggestion on which is best to use? Also, I have 7633 riso so could upgrade a little to help more.
    Vintage Shield is probably the way to go here. Avengers Tower is cool when it goes off and you basically get a yellow AP boost for free, but the odds of it happening are really low. I've run mine up to Lvl 50, and it still only kicks in a few times per Sub. Way too unreliable for a one-off fight like this. Extra health from the Shield is guaranteed.
  • DanielleL
    edited July 2018
    I finally got a BH of him so instead of 1/1/3 @ lvl 115, he's 1/2/3 @ lvl 131. Not much improvement but it's something. Updated the thread title with the new info.

Also, I finally have more supports. I have all the 1*s and 2*s. So if any of my new ones are better for this, let me know. I have 25k riso so I can level them also (they're all at level 1 currently).