2»

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    coulson and switch.
    so much fun. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards

I mean, it seems that the OP had the bad luck to have his phone crash - the general outcome to this is "kill your opponent via match damage, at the very least."

It's stupid fun, IMHO, but as people say there's a really big luck component to getting purple as them most common color.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:
    BAMF is much more effective with a rainbow team that can use whatever AP it generates. Sure its fun when its purple but its a bit hard to make happen because you're already chasing purple.
    Nightcrawler and 3-star Storm are a rainbow unto themselves. If Green or Yellow is the most common color, you'll get AP (or Team up AP) when Storm gets the AP to use that ability.  Nightcrawler is the only 4-star my son has champed, so those two and Dr Strange are the team my son has been using in the latest event.

X-Force Wolverine also uses those colors, but getting him a lot of yellow doesn't help a whole heck of a lot.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its not the easiest or the most consistent  thing to pull off. So it's not broken IMO.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    He is excellent boosted and a solid support on the right teams when not, his pink power is not broken though, yes there is a winfinite in there but with a few good cascades it can be stopped the fun is when it does not stop. :)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its not the easiest or the most consistent  thing to pull off. So it's not broken IMO.
    Nope, but it was a LOT of fun to take down a RND 7 Galactus in his boss event by BAMFing around until he died.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally acquired a Nightcrawler purple yesterday at long last so definitely please do not "fix it"!!!!!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’ve been using nightcrawler, switch and prof x. Nightcrawler is the highest level so PX’s blue also generates purple. When switch’s countdown goes off you get purple plus, if you’re lucky, purple from the big flying head. Once you have enough for two Bamfs! you just go for it. It doesn’t really matter which colour is most prevalent as long as you create crits, you’re away. It’s not as reliable as Charlie’s angels but the unpredictability of the whole thing lends an extra frisson of excitement. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was running Chavez/Mockingbird/Nightcrawler on the required node yesterday, that team is great. One of the dangers of Bamf! is leaving match-4s or 5s set up for the ai to take, and the addition of Mockingbird means that is just bank error in your favor, collect 2AP (and very shortly a free power). With chavez on the team, every color is important, and once she starts engaging in her tomfoolery it's a lot of fun.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    It's really lucky driven... you have to match purple 3 or so times and then, after matching purple off the board, you have to hope that purple is still the most common color on the board at some point later in the match.

I've brought NC into matches where I was vastly outgunned purely hoping for this, but, I'm going to say it happens 10-20% of the matches he is in at best, even if you bring SW.

It's actually a much less reliable Winfinite method than Charlie's Angels or other gimmicky ways to get a few cheap wins that have been around forever. I think it's kind of a cool little gimmick, actually, it means NC isn't very good most of the time, but, every once in a while, he can win a match for you almost singlehandedly.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I got my first two Bamfinites last night... DANG, that is fun!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think if you look at Bamf! strictly for winfinite potential, you're going to be let down. Nightcrawler is a great AP factory on any color, and goes well with characters who want you to have AP banked up (as with Mockingbird/Chavez) or who have expensive powers. I just fire off Bamf! as soon as I have it, then rake in the AP.