MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2018 Edition *Updated (6/27/18)

Options

Comments

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Smart80 said:
    Oh lol, why is nothing about this in the first page of this topic? Not important, or too afraid to share you’ll need 75!!!!! wins for top cp... lmao, 75!!!!!
    Who cares.
    It's the carrot for the low rosters, we'll still have our CP at 1200.

Thanks
    Eventhough this time it wont effect me, i still think it would be nice to have a possible significant change like this to be mentioned... and not just on page1, but i would have mentioned it in the update alert as well...

Probably my own fault, but i dont read every topic on this forum. Hoped this one would deliver me the bullet points.. and its not like nobody been waiting for it, or it would be weirdly out of place here...

also would like to wish good luck to those that werent able to reach top prize before, to get over 30 wins a day on average
    when i logged in this morning, i was given a popup on screen about the change.  
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Smart80 said:
    Oh lol, why is nothing about this in the first page of this topic? Not important, or too afraid to share you’ll need 75!!!!! wins for top cp... lmao, 75!!!!!
    Who cares.

Thanks
    Eventhough this time it wont effect me, i still think it would be nice to have a possible significant change like this to be mentioned... and not just on page1, but i would have mentioned it in the update alert as well...

Probably my own fault, but i dont read every topic on this forum. Hoped this one would deliver me the bullet points.. and its not like nobody been waiting for it, or it would be weirdly out of place here...

also would like to wish good luck to those that werent able to reach top prize before, to get over 30 wins a day on average
    In that case, we might as well stop complaining for all last minute info in this topic, cause we always get previews in game...
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Smart80 said:
    Who cares.

Thanks

In that case, we might as well stop complaining for all last minute info in this topic, cause we always get previews in game...
    This was posted as an Announcement on 6/20 - a new thread that showed up on multiple pages of the forum.  You said yourself that it's probably your own fault that you missed it, yet you sarcastically complain about last minute info.  This thread is proof that they give us info in advance on a regular basis. What more do you want?

This thread is a preview of upcoming events; that's it.  There are no bug fixes, release notes, or other announcements posted here. if you want bulletpoints, just watch the first page of the General Discussion. Everything major gets posted there.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Smart80 said:
    Who cares.

Thanks

This was posted as an Announcement on 6/20 - a new thread that showed up on multiple pages of the forum.  You said yourself that it's probably your own fault that you missed it, yet you sarcastically complain about last minute info.  This thread is proof that they give us info in advance on a regular basis. What more do you want?

This thread is a preview of upcoming events; that's it.  There are no bug fixes, release notes, or other announcements posted here. if you want bulletpoints, just watch the first page of the General Discussion. Everything major gets posted there.
    Yeah, its nothing important... nothing to do with preview or sneak peak. Nothing that influences getting the rewards that this topic is about. Nothing that influences the pvp structure this topic is about.

i wasnt being sarcastic, maybe cynical... People complain here, sometimes rightfully so, that we get event info even after in game preview is up. Spuds said that it was announced in game before it started, but that goes for every info mentioned here. As the preview is always up before an event starts, i suppose this topic could just as well be shut down?  

Not everything on this board is sarcasm....

my question is, what do you care whether i want info like this mentioned in here or not? Just needs couple words in the update announcement, thats it. Its a possible game changer that would be very far from off topic here....
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anything celebrating Season 2 of Luke Cage on Netflix last Friday?
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Apparently there was an issue planning that out in time so it had to be skipped
  • Smart80
    Options
    Is it better than season 1?
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Is it better than season 1?
    I’m still watching it but I’d say I’m enjoying bc it intro’s some more big bads that I can tie to comics. Just first impressions but Luke still struggling with that whole hero/vigilante role, his purpose in Harlem, and his relationship with Night Nurse. I like the setting and music. Creeped out by Shades/ Mariah relationship carried over from last season 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cage 2 is way better than Cage 1 for me; I found Cage 1 to be spending too much time trying to make every episode feel cool and stylish at the expense of the overarching plot. The season plotting is way tighter this time around. Plus Bushmaster is great; he reminds me of Mr Ox from Belly. I think my favorite thing is the running gag that all the Jamaicans are personally offended that Luke runs faster than Usain Bolt.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cage 2 is way better than Cage 1 for me; I found Cage 1 to be spending too much time trying to make every episode feel cool and stylish at the expense of the overarching plot. The season plotting is way tighter this time around. Plus Bushmaster is great; he reminds me of Mr Ox from Belly. I think my favorite thing is the running gag that all the Jamaicans are personally offended that Luke runs faster than Usain Bolt.
    He never said that!

*ahem*

While a tie-in event would have been nice, I'm not sorry to be missing out on a 4* Cage event. They are slooooooow.

Cue Brigby announcing one for next week...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm crossing my fingers that hype from the second season will get Misty Knight into the game at some point. (I'd kinda like to see her and Colleen Wing as a combo "Daughters of the Dragon" like R&G or C&D, largely because I want to use them and Fist and Cage all at the same time; though at this point I realize they might be well-suited to being Supports)
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    I'm crossing my fingers that hype from the second season will get Misty Knight into the game at some point. (I'd kinda like to see her and Colleen Wing as a combo "Daughters of the Dragon" like R&G or C&D, largely because I want to use them and Fist and Cage all at the same time; though at this point I realize they might be well-suited to being Supports)
    Don't you say such things! Characters should be playable in this game! (not actually yelling)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Don't you say such things! Characters should be playable in this game! (not actually yelling)
    I mostly agree with that, but I also think that playable characters could be a bit more on the noteworthy side. Like, no one needs a playable Blind Al right? Supports are a reasonable alternative for, perhaps, cult favourites, and also take a lot less development time and art assets than characters.

The Hulkling thing was a bit of a travesty though :/
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    On the one hand, I don't want to get them as Supports "in lieu" of getting them as playable Characters.

On the other hand, there are dozens of characters we could get (Taskmaster, Red Skull, Emma Frost, Sabertooth, Mandarin, Adam Warlock, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Cable, Namor, Magik, stronger variants of Doom and Magneto and Juggernaut, modern/normal versions of Iceman and Jean, some like an MCU Falcon or Nebula or Mantis or Captain Marvel or an Infinity War Iron Man) that could come before them, that adding them as Supports could mean getting them into the game sometime before 2020, you know?

Like, I wish Wong and Sharon Carter were in the game, but having them as supports is better than nothing. (and to be picky, we have been told that a character appearing as a Support doesn't prohibit them from appearing as a Character at some point)
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby
    Are we getting an update anytime soon? New DDQ cycle has started, already beat the Crash. But no update on next week's events. ;)
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hyoga said:
    I know that, but I'd like some extra information about the event, and we're overdue an update in this thread. But thanks anyway! 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This seems like another situation where the update was ready for Brigby to post, but they were waiting for Marvel to post their article first.  Who knew Marvel did this kind of thing in the middle of the night in the US...?  Keeping late hours there.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(6/27/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs, and added announcement of 5-Star Wasp
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice touch that Wasp's PVP will feature double iso-8........I wonder what the reasoning is, and if this is something we can hope to have more frequently if we're gonna have to deal with more 4-star PVP. 

People have been hoping for Growth Industry again lately.....does listing that but not Avengers vs. Ultron mean it's a new PVE? 

Also, can Ant-Man get some love in all this festivity? Please?