Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) (6/26/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"After a life lived in her parents' shadow, Hope Van Dyne takes up the mantle of the Wasp. Armed with a brilliant mind for science and a flying super-suit made to shrink her down to the size of a wasp, no challenge is too big for Hope to take on (or make tiny)!

Will the power of Pym Tech and her training in martial arts be enough to prepare her for the dangers of the Quantum Realm?"

Check out the brand new 5-Star Wasp, and find out how you can recruit her onto your team! For even more information, check out the Marvel.com article HERE

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes
bluetilepng yellowtilepng  blacktilepng
(Abilities listed at level 450, Power Level 5)
Sting Operation - 6 bluetilepng AP
The Wasp uses her influence to take the enemy down from within and expose their plans. Steals 4 random colored AP from the enemy and create a 2-turn(s) Countdown tile that creates 2 Blue Locked Swarm tiles.
(PASSIVE) When there are at least 4 Swarm tiles on the board (max 12), all of Wasp's powers become Call the Swarm.

Shrink Tactics - 10 yellowtilepng AP
Taking perfet aim, Wasp shoots a Pym disc to shrink her teammate so they can infiltrade the enemy base. Turns a selected ally Invisible for 4 turn(s) and places 3 Yellow Locked Swarm tile(s).
(PASSIVE) When there are at least 4 Swarm tiles on the board (max 12), all of Wasp's powers become Call the Swarm.

Pain Index - 10 blacktilepng AP
Wasp blasts her enemy to send them reeling. Steal a burst of 5557 health from the target, and an additional 1235 health per Swarm tile on the board.
(PASSIVE) When the wasp is healed for 1383 or more health, place 2 Black Locked Swarm tile(s). When there are at least 4 Swarm tiles on the board (max 12), all of Wasp's powers become Call the Swarm.

Call the Swarm - 12 bluetilepng / yellowtilepng / blacktilepng AP
With the might of the swarm at her will, Wasp deals 6915 damage and grows her Swarm tiles, destroying them and three tiles around them.
(PASSIVE) If any powers are Call the Swarm, her match damage is increased by 10% per Swarm tile. If there are less than 4 Swarm tiles on the board, this power reverts to its previous form.

Recruit Wasp!

Hope Van Dyne - Special Limited Vault
  • Starts: Thu, June 28, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: Mon, July 2, 11:59pm EDT
  • 40 Items: 
    • 1x Women Warriors Legendary Token
    • 1x Random 4-Star cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star covers
Women Warriors - Special Legendary Store
  • Starts: Thu, June 28, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: Mon, July 2, 11:59pm EDT
  • 15% chance to get Wasp (Hope Van Dyne), Okoye (Warrior General), Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations)
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Event Schedule

Avengers vs Ultron
  • Starts: Thur, June 28, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: Sun, July 1, 11:59pm EDT
  • Rewards tokens to the Women Warriors Legendary cover store

Ant-Man and the Wasp

UI Updates:
  • The game has entered the Quantum Realm! Various UI elements in the game have been updated,
  • Background has been updated
  • Special events have been tagged with Ant-Man & the Wasp! These events offer additional rewards:
    • Complete Growth Industry events to get 4-Star covers!
    • Story and Versus events have Double Iso-8 and 5x Red Iso-8!
Store Offers
  • Partners in Crime Limited Vault
  • Starts: June 28, 2018, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: July 5, 2018, 12:00pm EDT
  • Log on while this offer is lie to receive a free token!
  • 41 Items:
    • 1x Random Cover of Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    • 1x Random Cover of Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
    • 2x Beginner Support tokens
    • 5x Random 3-Star covers
    • 12x Random 2-Star covers
    • 3x Heroic tokens
    • 5x Elite tokens
    • 1x 5,000 Iso-8
    • 3x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 2x 200 Red Iso-8
Events
  • Growth Industry
    • Ends: July 5, 2018, 7:00am EDT
    • Each day a new mission is available
    • Complete each mission to earn a Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
  • Avengers Vs. Ultron
    • Ends: July 2, 2018, 12:00am EDT
    • Double Iso-8
    • 5x Red Iso-8
  • Winsome, Lose Some
    • Starts: June 28, 2018, 8:00pm EDT
    • Ends: July 2, 2018, 3:00am EDT
    • Double Iso-8
    • 5x Red Iso-8

Comments

• LeRoy1979
    LeRoy1979 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Wow. Let the attempt to win back the goodwill begin. Double ISO and a release vault that's actually good. Plus, the return of Growth Industry!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Love the 2X ISO and the 5X Red ISO. I still wish it was the other way around. I could make more use of the Regular ISO then I can the Red one. Those 4*'s aren't going to level themselves. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    That release vault looks really good. Too bad I won't get many pulls from it since I've been pulling as soon as I get 25cp in an attempt to cash in on the 1:1 LL exchange before it went away. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This all sounds great. One question though. Why have Okoye in the limited vault, she’s still Latest. I would have put Pheonix in her place. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Nothing to complain about here! :P Thank you for the double ISO!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    This all sounds great. One question though. Why have Okoye in the limited vault, she’s still Latest. I would have put Pheonix in her place. 
    Jessica Jones is also still in Latest.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Delighted with these offerings! The return of Double ISO!!!!! Its been so long, my friend. 

I'll say it quietly, but also pleased for the 5x RISO. I do at least have 3 that I am putting RISO into. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    YES ! Very excited for this new 5 Star and events to come this week! 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 41-item Partners in Crime vault seems to be missing some entries or wrong numbers... I only see a total of 36.

The way this is worded makes it sound like multiple Wasp covers from Growth Industry.
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    I'm confused about this - "When there are at least 4 Swarm tiles on the board (max 12), all of Wasp's powers become Call the Swarm." (the underlined & italicized part is where my confusion lies)

Let's say you fire Sting Operation twice and now there are 4 blue swarm tiles on the board, do the yellow and black powers convert to Call the Swarm too? Or only the color in which there are 4+ swarm tiles (in this case blue)? If ALL powers change as soon as there are 4 swarm tiles of ANY color, I don't see how you could ever get more than 6 out (fire Shrink Tactics twice 2x3=6). 
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Anyone else think these numbers are very lackluster?  And would it seem that the effective maximum of swarm tiles is 6 since all powers flip at over 4 so the best you can do is 2 back to back yellows for 3 each?

I want to be proven wrong because I like the hero, but so far this version seems disappointing.
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Looking forward to the UI changes
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    @Brigby
    Usually tile destruction is limited to damage/no ap generation; are there any such qualifiers on Call the Swarm?  Also are swarm tiles like web tiles?  Are they neutral, so that an enemy 5*Wasp can use them, or are they team specific?

Call the Swarm - 12 bluetilepng / yellowtilepng / blacktilepng AP
    With the might of the swarm at her will, Wasp deals 6915 damage and grows her Swarm tiles, destroying them and three tiles around them.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Wondering if I should pop my mini-hoard now in the Women Warriors vault rather than Classics or Latest? That would give me a swing at JJ and Okoye (and new Wasp, of course) rather than CapIW.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    This all sounds great. One question 600kthough. Why have Okoye in the limited vault, she’s still Latest. I would have put Pheonix in her place. 
    Because they actually want ppl to buy the tokens 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

So's JJ, actually.  The only other female 5* as an option would be Black Widow, who was literally in the last Event token lot.

They've done the Event Token set with one in the Latest before -- BP was in Spider-Man's set of three, if I recall correctly.  This is the first time they've ever done two.  At this point, the only difference between the Event Token and the Latest Token is you swap Cap for Wasp...

Which is actually great for me - I've got a 454 Cap and a 452 JJ (and 3 Okoye covers,) so I was really hoping to get a bit more Okoye and JJ before JJ went out, then get one of the new 5* and hoard until Cap was out.  At this point, I'll just save my CP for this set and hope for the best.

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    babinro said:
    Initial impressions on Wasp:
    Blue: Steals 4 random AP for 6 blue....annoying. Not terribly satisfying to use on offense and annoying to deal with on defense. We don't have a lot of good blue spenders in 5* land so this skill should be appealing.

Yellow: Terrible, terrible skill. At best this benefits the AI because invisibility is almost never a great thing on offense. 10 AP to do it to boot. wow. This clearly only exists to make Call of the Swarm 'easier'.  
    That's a real shame for a 5*  For comparison Invisible Woman's yellow is substantially better than this and that's not exactly seen as a meta defining skill.  This skill really should be buffed.  Either via damage component, defensive benefits, or a significant AP cost reduction which would be the least interesting way to go.

Black: Tough to judge...an okay damage and presumably true heal skill. Having to wait for blue and or yellow to even make this worth it is a hindrance. Probably a good skill.  The passive portion is very nice because it at least opens up Wasp to some potentially interesting team combinations in the future.  Not much stands out right now (KK's 3* pvp and Doc Ocks healing portion of the reactor aside, lol).

Call of the Swarm: Potentially passively boosts her damage by up to 120% but i'm thinking through play it'll more realistically fall between 50%-80%.   Given my experience with Thanos that's not terribly impressive. The active blue portion of this skill is probably fairly strong if fired right away since it probably buffs the tile destruction by that 50%-80% as well but even then it will hopefully deal something like 10-15k and generate AP.  Solid stuff to be sure but its also fighting over blue for AP cost to use.  18AP to be able to fire blue and then Call is not easy to achieve.

Summary: I'm leaning towards Wasp being a complete dud.
    Low tier and possibly trash tier. She depends on massively accumulating AP like in the OML days but her actives are rather unimpressive by comparison. She seems like a proper pest when controlled by the AI but I doubt she'll lead to defensive wins...just stalling. She'll pair well with Thor fueling her skills but I seriously doubt she's up there with the likes of JJ, Okoye or many others who get that same AP boost.
    Given that this characters steals health and AP and offers board shake I'm more than happy to be proven wrong about my initial thoughts.   Hopefully she's better than my initial impressions.
    I'm actually thinking that call the swarm could be pretty insane . Think about how many tiles are being destroyed with additional match damage . And it dosent specifically state weather destroyed tiles gain ap which makes me think they probably do 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    That's a lot of AP to (first) open then (secondly) fire Call the Swarm!
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I'm actually thinking that call the swarm could be pretty insane . Think about how many tiles are being destroyed with additional match damage . And it dosent specifically state weather destroyed tiles gain ap which makes me think they probably do 
    It was confirmed on Discord that the destroyed tiles will not generate AP. Also, I don't think destroyed tiles will stack with increased match damage like they would with strike tiles.

Hate to say this, but she looks like a complete dud. I hope that I'm wrong, and that she turns out to be a fun and awesome character. Her numbers are just too low and the costs are too high for what little they do.