About Nightcrawler's Broken Purple

Rogue4Lyfe
Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
edited June 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Funny thing happened....

I played with Nightcrawler last night, and his Purple ability (BAMF!) converts 8 random tiles to the most common color on the gameboard.

But in my situation, the most common color on the board is Purple (yes this is happening)

A lot of Match-5 and Critical Tiles were made, literally the board turned into "PINK BARBIE THEME", a lot of cascades, a board shake and of course a rainstorm full of Purple AP

It's pretty much looked like this

Afterwards, I have like 13 or 14 Purple AP in my pool, and the only power I can fire is (BAMF!)

I kept going because i didn't want to die~

Eventually, the madness keeps going on for 5 or minutes and until when the games crashed be cause there is too many Purple Matches in one go and there are so many things happening at once or just because my phone is tinykitty tinykitty.

I mean, Nightcrawler is not a bad character but his Purple needs an adjustment. 

How about if the board has the most Purple, instead of more Purple, he deals damage or converts enemy tiles to basic tiles. Or maybe he converts less tiles, and the power cost less?

Let me know if you have been in this scenario before, and what do you think.

(I don't wanna have my phone on fire again)

**Removed profanity - Ducky

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    it can be the next winfinite
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    it can be the next winfinite
    It's been called Bamfinite since shortly after his release.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly can't even believe my eyes right now...
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other than SW, who else can add purple to the board?  I like the Bamfinite team idea.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to MPQ...

bbigler said:
    Other than SW, who else can add purple to the board?  I like the Bamfinite team idea.
    Kamala Khan... Mystique...

Quake can sort of help by destroying tiles that aren't purple...

Not too many, no.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Kamala khan adds Green, not purple. She uses purple to add green.

Mystique adds purple unreliably because she can turn it into black or purple.

Switch is the only reliable choice.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only problem with nc purple is that it doesn’t show which color is the most. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are other characters who can remove colors from the board, but I think Switch is the only one who adds purple to it.

As mentioned, Quake (and less reliably Lockjaw by summoning Quake), 5* Iron Man makes a bunch of red from the opponent's strongest color then smashes it, Howard the duck destroys all the green on the board, Magn3to destroys all the team ups (not directly helpful to Bamf!, but maybe if you put them with 2* Ms Marvel to generate a bunch of team up tiles? I wonder what that team is like in the 4/3/2 off season pvp?), 4Clops can destroy all the red from a block of tiles, I'm sure there are some others. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Kamala khan adds Green, not purple. She uses purple to add green.

Mystique adds purple unreliably because she can turn it into black or purple.

Switch is the only reliable choice.
    Oh yes, quite. Getting confused in my old age.

What Mystique DOES do, though, is remove Red, Yellow, and Green from the board. So its much more likely that Purple will be the most common.

The 10 Blue cost is a bit steep, though, and I agree she doesn't add much else to that (or any, really) team.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Nightcrawler's purple is a great power. It's definitely not broken and I think he's a fun character to use. Matches get chaotic when you can use BAMF over and over again :smile: We do need some indication of which colour BAMF will change the tiles to though. That would be a good update.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    BAMF is much more effective with a rainbow team that can use whatever AP it generates. Sure its fun when its purple but its a bit hard to make happen because you're already chasing purple.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean... if his purple crashed your device, it's possible the code could be written better. Or you might need an upgrade. I'll give you that.

But the few times you actually get a Nightcrawler infinite are pretty much the only times he's ever valuable, as many others have already pointed out. Take that away and you have no reason to ever play him, even when he's boosted.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bamf converts only basic tiles. Colourless and special tiles are anti-bamf.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    C4rol/Switch/Nightcrawler is the most reliable all-purple board creator I've tried. You just chase yellow, force Switch's countdown, enjoy the nonsense.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    C4rol/Switch/Nightcrawler is the most reliable all-purple board creator I've tried. You just chase yellow, force Switch's countdown, enjoy the nonsense.
    Crawler is actually my highest leveled character so that would work double for me.  When the enemy matches their strongest I get even more purple.