Dreadwaters not making trap gems [Investigating]

Options
andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
Did it change? the text still says trap 5, but it just drains mana now without adding mana to your own hand, no trap gems are made, the effect is immediate

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Haven't tried this card in a while now... in theory it shouldn't add any mana to your hand, despite of what 'drain' could suggest, it only makes your opponent lose mana, giving you nothing. About the traps.  i will give it a try when i can and see if something changed. 
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    Haven't tried this card in a while now... in theory it shouldn't add any mana to your hand, despite of what 'drain' could suggest, it only makes your opponent lose mana, giving you nothing. About the traps.  i will give it a try when i can and see if something changed. 
    That's not what Dreadwaters does though.  It specifically states "Drain 6 mana from your opponent and you gain 3 mana".

But I can confirm that this card no longer works at all as designed.  It doesn't create traps anymore.  It's draining mana directly from my opponent's hand.  There's the draining animation that hits every card in my opponent's hand (I'm assuming because it's draining 30 mana at once ie. 5 traps x 6 drained mana).  It also does not give you any mana back.

This should be in the bug forum, though.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    WiLDRAGE said:
    Coilbox said:
    That's not what Dreadwaters does though.  It specifically states "Drain 6 mana from your opponent and you gain 3 mana".

But I can confirm that this card no longer works at all as designed.  It doesn't create traps anymore.  It's draining mana directly from my opponent's hand.  There's the draining animation that hits every card in my opponent's hand (I'm assuming because it's draining 30 mana at once ie. 5 traps x 6 drained mana).  It also does not give you any mana back.

This should be in the bug forum, though.
    Oeh! you're right, i had it wrong in my memory... 

Well that's weird, but not very strange, after a set  I will give it a try later Oo
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder, do the other trap cards still work as they should?  Jace 1's Ultimate?
    Trap gems have almost always been buggy in some way, but never not appearing at all and triggering a different effect altogether.  
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I noticed this too.  As far as I can tell, it drains all mana from an opponent when cast now.  That's probably a mythic worth making but it isn't what Dreadwaters is supposed to do.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    its definitely not acting as described. It doesn’t make trap gems, but now appears to drain all the mana from every card in my opponent’s hand.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I saw Priest of the Blood Rite work properly in the last few days, as well as Shadows of the Past (possibly before the update). So, at least some trap effects are still working. Probably all the ones tied to cards on the board (creatures & supports) are still fine.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby
    Would you mind moving this thread to bugs? I clearly put it in the wrong place.

Thanks!
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    There was another thread about this change in the behavior of Dreadwaters. I think it was in general, and they thought it was draining 30 mana as if all 5 traps triggered. It doesn't give you any mana though, so that's not the whole story. Actually, I wonder how it shows up in the Battle Log?

Edit: The Battle Log just says Dreadwaters was cast, nothing helpful.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did it get buffed? Lol
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tainted Remedy trap gems still work correctly, I used that card in the current Across Ixalan event.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Merged threads with same topic
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any plans to address this?  I had a build concept that fizzled partially because this card doesn't work.