Mind Stone Season Updates (6/26/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the updates to the upcoming Mind Stone Versus Season:

Pack Updates
  • Wiccan (Billy Kaplan) and Spider-Man (Infinity War) are being added to packs.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator
  • S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator will adopt the points goal and a cumulative wins goal for progression rewards.
  • Existing reward amount and points goals remain the same.
  • Thresholds for the top progression rewards
    • 66 wins or 1850 points for the 24th reward
    • 70 wins or 1900 points for the 25th reward
    • 75 wins or 2000 points for the 26th reward

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    not much to see here
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's bizarre that 75 wins over 3 days gets you 15 cps, but 75 wins over a month gets you a 4* cover, but okay. Whatever.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    75 wins / 2000 points seems ok for me :smiley:
  • Liftoff
    Liftoff Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    1200 = 75 wins
    2000 = 75 wins

seems fair
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    I like having a "wins" option, even if I won't use it.

It's kinda dumb to look for a reason to bash d3 for the differential in Story versus SHIELD Sim. Scoring 2000 points in an event (lasting 3 days, capped at 500 players in a SCL range) is not the same as 2000 points in Sim (all season, everyone who chooses the SCL).
  • Borstock
    I like having a "wins" option, even if I won't use it.

It's kinda dumb to look for a reason to bash d3 for the differential in Story versus SHIELD Sim. Scoring 2000 points in an event (lasting 3 days, capped at 500 players in a SCL range) is not the same as 2000 points in Sim (all season, everyone who chooses the SCL).
    Not bashing...at all. I'm fine with it. They are two different things. Just noting that comparable rewards are earned through not even close to comparable efforts. I expected the 2000 reward to be near 200 wins, since you get a month. This is a break in our favor as far as I'm concerned.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Any reasonable idea why defensive wins dont count toward total wins? Points does...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    Any reasonable idea why defensive wins dont count toward total wins? Points does...
    Retreat,  retreat,  retreat,  retreat .... there's a reason a defensive win only awards 33% 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    It's bizarre that 75 wins over 3 days gets you 15 cps, but 75 wins over a month gets you a 4* cover, but okay. Whatever.
    Its comments like this that make the devs scratch their heads and raises the wins to 300 for S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator max reward instead of lowering the 75 wins for max reward in the 3 day events.
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Maybe they compare rewards not points. In regular PVP event you need 40 wins for 4* cover. You need 75 wins over month to get the same reward in Simulator.
  • Borstock
    edited June 2018
    talleman said:
    Borstock said:
    Its comments like this that make the devs scratch their heads and raises the wins to 300 for S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator max reward instead of lowering the 75 wins for max reward in the 3 day events.
    A - I wouldn't care if they did.

B - I don't have that much sway, friend.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Liftoff said:
    1200 = 75 wins
    2000 = 75 wins

seems fair
    To be fair, it is a lot easier to reach 1200 points in Simulator than a regular versus tournament.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    With Saved Covers and the new PVP reward structure, I suppose that's kinda it for major changes. I kept hearing we were due for something big this offseason, and at this point I'm convinced it was one of those 2 features. I'm of course not considering more frequent 4-star PVP, character rebalances and champ reward updates (feeders) as "new features". Curious what else is on the drawing board. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards

You know, some character buffs will help with the ill-will that people feel about a certain upcoming nerf.  Just saying, is all...

:D

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    75 wins is a lot to rack up in 2.5 days. That's 30 wins per day, Assuming 3-minute matches, that's 90 minutes per day. At my level, I'm mostly fighting people with either championed 5*s or else max-champed boosted 4*s, so each match is brutal and time-consuming.

75 wins over 3 weeks is much more reasonable. I might be able to do that  :)