Gambit Character Update Details (6/26/18)

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards

Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    Seems reasonable. Is there any indication of how much iso we would get back for selling him? At minimum, it needs to be enough to champ a hero from level 255.
    Level 450: 369,102 Iso-8
    Level 550: 564,000 Iso-8
    Thanks for the info. That is too low though, only enough to champ a 4 star, not a 5.
    To be fair though, I believe you only need a little under 10,000 more Iso-8 to Champion a 5-Star character.
    No shade, but your numbers are off. You need about 200k more to champ a 5* compared to what's being given for the sell-off.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Carnifexx said:
    Please stop with the Thor needs to be nerfed stuff. Gambit didn’t really become a problem until the AP destruction nerf (buff). This rebalance was needed. If anyone can’t kill Thor you don’t know how to play. I can kill Thor with anyone, even Doc Ock or Banner. Thor is awesome on offense, but nothing on defense. 
    No one asked for Thor to be nerfed. We just pointed out (correctly) that he tears through teams like tissue paper and so he'll be on most attacking teams. Of course, he's beatable. Everyone is. Gambit 2.0 was beatable. Defense in this game isn't a thing. If you're in 5* land, you are winning 95% of your matches or you are doing something wrong.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Good.  I know this is going to bug a lot of people, and I get that, but... good.  He'll still be useful, just not *required*, and that works for me.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited June 2018
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    Seems reasonable. Is there any indication of how much iso we would get back for selling him? At minimum, it needs to be enough to champ a hero from level 255.
    Level 450: 369,102 Iso-8
    Level 550: 564,000 Iso-8
    Thanks for the info. That is too low though, only enough to champ a 4 star, not a 5.
    To be fair though, I believe you only need a little under 10,000 more Iso-8 to Champion a 5-Star character.
    No shade, but your numbers are off. You need about 200k more to champ a 5* compared to what's being given for the sell-off.
    Ahh I see. I take it your Gambit is at Level 450, as opposed to level 550? If that's the case, then I think technically we're both right, but just looking at different sell-off points.
  • Borstock
    jackstar0 said:
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:
    This doesn't re-balance Gambit. It kills him dead.
    Good riddance.  As the post stated, back in December is when he should’ve been repaired, instead of making him more powerful.  Hooray for variety.
    This isn't a win for variety. You're still going to have 50Thor eating everyone.

Except that 50Thor isn't a major pain (and time-suck) to play against, where Gambit is barring playing your own.

I think this is a net positive for the 5* game as well as 4* climbers out there.
    Re-read what I was saying. I was specifically speaking to variety when I brought up 50Thor. You could argue your own team's variety will go up, but you're still going to be facing the same team over and over and over. If it's easier to beat for you, fine. I had no problems killing Gambit. 

This should have been easier than this. They didn't need to annihilate him.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So.

Purple = fewer countdowns, higher damage, only covers standard special tiles (attack/strike/protect) and not the rest (countdown/invisibility/repeater).

Red = higher cost, less damage.

Black = AP gen slowed from 2/turn to 3 every other turn (or 1.5/turn), requires repeater on the board, and doesn't destroy enemy AP anymore.

Health = buffed to balance.

Feels like a really heavy hit. The better damage to purple looks nice, but it's hard to tell if this will hit the mark of keeping him strong enough to make sure he's a viable choice. At the very least, I appreciate having a month to work on building up another 5* or two (if I'm lucky with cover pulls) to bolster my options once this goes into effect.

Given my eclectic group of 5* champs, if you could buff Hulk or Doc Ock for next season, so that change goes live the same time as the Gambit change, that would be super rad.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    So I take it, no Rogue->5Gambit feeder than will be announce this season?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    ALSO:
    • Thor (Gladiator)
    • (Unannounced)
    • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
    Wonder who that'll be? 

Clearly a new character soon.

Throg? Ultimo? Toad? Two-Gun Kid? Ulik? U.S. Agent? Union Jack? A comic variant of Valkyrie? Venom (Lee Price)? Viper? A Young Avengers version of Vision? Vulcan? A green and fuzzy Vulture? Warwolf? Whiplash? Whizzer?

WHO COULD IT BE?!
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Selling a 5* is usualy a bad idea but i will need to see how nerfGam handles himself after this. He doesn't seem to be PvP worthy anymore so my Thor will have to find a new pvp buddy. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    starting with a T, U, V or W? Doesnt 5* Wasp seem likely?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    So does his black no longer block other friendly red and purple powers ?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    We know the big details but it is still hard to say the full impact on this change just from the OP... How much is his health increased? Does the repeater spawn on any color or specific ones?

Think it will take seeing the changes in action to properly assess, but I expect I will be increasing my purple power level from the 3/5/5 he is at right now.
  • Borstock
    evade420 said:
    So does his black no longer block other friendly red and purple powers ?
    You still can't use them as long as he's active.