4* DDQ: Miles Morales v Spider-Woman

optimus2861
optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
5/3/5, level 209 (I just drew his 5th red earlier this week), so I got her first try, but man it was annoying. I must have gone invisible 4 times before I finally hit Surprise! for the win. She'd either match my invisible tile away or 'Love' it away before I could gather the purple.

Token to my hoard, I guess. I'm spending ISO on Moon Knight to get him champed before a cover expires.

Comments

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Miles Morales, 5/0/2 build, level 106. Managed it on the first try, but just barely. Finished with less than 500 health.
    Tried going invisible as soon as possible and collecting red and purple after that. Red does laughable damage at 2 covers, so used it mostly for the stun in order to set up match 5's or purple matches. With Jess at around 8000 health with quite some Web tiles on the board, took her down with Surprise.
    Imagine my surprise at doing it in one try. ;)
    Token got me a champ level for Carol. 
    (Doing half-hoarding now. Pulling LT's but hoarding CP. Can't control that pull itch anymore.)
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Wow was that annoying. Today I learned that Jess can still shock even though Miles is invisible. Mine is at 2/5/2 lvl 172 and finished with 5k health but it was a long haul.

I managed to stay invisible for the most part and kept her from getting purples but she managed to shock me TWICE (when I use her character I can barely get enough red for ONE) and she was able to put her black out there more than a few times. With persistence and a whole bunch of web tiles, I was able to hit her with a surprise to take her down.

LT was a 4* Grocket
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrKasady said:
    Wow was that annoying. Today I learned that Jess can still shock even though Miles is invisible. Mine is at 2/5/2 lvl 172 and finished with 5k health but it was a long haul.

I managed to stay invisible for the most part and kept her from getting purples but she managed to shock me TWICE (when I use her character I can barely get enough red for ONE) and she was able to put her black out there more than a few times. With persistence and a whole bunch of web tiles, I was able to hit her with a surprise to take her down.

LT was a 4* Grocket
    Yeah part of it is team damage, and the stun targets a random character, so both of those can hit Miles when he's invisible. You do avoid the big damage, though, so there's that.

Mine is 209, 5/2/2. Got it on the first try with no real issues. Go invis, gather purple, wait for her Black CD to go away. Simple enough.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My champed Miles was treated to a purple heavy board and surprised the tinykitty out of Spider-Woman in short order. The shock was too much for her to bear.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Level 131, 3/1/2. Got it on the 2nd try. My invisibility tiles kept getting matched before I could save up 15 to hit Surprise and pop invisible again. I'd try to prevent her matching them away and leaving her with nothing to fill her powers but rng would drop perfect set ups for her to fill or get match 4's and 5's. On the 2nd try I had less than 500 health left, was no longer invisible, and she was about to hit me with System Shock. Also--both tries took like 20 minutes. Maybe it wasn't that long but it sure felt that way.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    My newly champed Miles had a pretty easy time of it, which was nice after getting nowhere with the Antman Crash. It felt a little sketchy for a bit, as my Invisibility tile kept getting put in the way of match-4s, but eventually I got the purple to fire the second half, right after my yellow, and that did the trick.

Token was an America champ level.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I must have gone invisible 4 times before I finally hit Surprise! for the win. She'd either match my invisible tile away or 'Love' it away before I could gather the purple.
     It felt a little sketchy for a bit, as my Invisibility tile kept getting put in the way of match-4s,
    Let this be a lesson to all you whipper-snappers out there: gather enough purple to cast both invisibility and Surprise! at the same time.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I must have gone invisible 4 times before I finally hit Surprise! for the win. She'd either match my invisible tile away or 'Love' it away before I could gather the purple.
     It felt a little sketchy for a bit, as my Invisibility tile kept getting put in the way of match-4s,
    Let this be a lesson to all you whipper-snappers out there: gather enough purple to cast both invisibility and Surprise! at the same time.
    But I wanted to be invisible so she'd stop hitting me!

Also, I wanted the web tiles out to help generate more AP so I could actually get more then 6 purple, and any yellow at all.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ditto. I lost ~60% of my health as it was. If I'd 'held fire', she might've taken me right out. Who knows. 

It'll be what, next summer before Miles's turn comes up again? Man.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    5/5/3 215 Miles.  Kept on chasing red and purple, hiding from Jessica and stunning her, but even then, I was down to 1000 health before I could beat her.

Yellow Valkyrie to get her to 4/5/4.  I don't have the iso to champ Miles and her boo hoo hoo
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a much easier this time around with a 209 5/5/2 Miles, compared to the 209 5/5/1 Miles I faced her down with last time. It's surprising how much difference a one-turn stun can make. I hoarded yellow and purple, stunning her occasionally, and then went purple->yellow->yellow->purple to devastating effect.

My reward was a champ level for 4-star Star Lord. Not bad!
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    4/2/1 Miles got it done in round 2. First time I’ve ever really used Miles and I have to say...he’s pretty fun. Didn’t know much about either character going in so my first shot was just a play test basically. Much easier than that god forsaken Antman battle we just had.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy moly, 5/2/0 level 100 did it first try. Was lucky with purple and yellow, she only got off black twice. Nice!
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Miles Morales, 5/0/2 build, level 106. Managed it on the first try, but just barely. Finished with less than 500 health.
    Tried going invisible as soon as possible and collecting red and purple after that. Red does laughable damage at 2 covers, so used it mostly for the stun in order to set up match 5's or purple matches. With Jess at around 8000 health with quite some Web tiles on the board, took her down with Surprise.
    Imagine my surprise at doing it in one try. ;)
    Token got me a champ level for Carol. 
    (Doing half-hoarding now. Pulling LT's but hoarding CP. Can't control that pull itch anymore.)
    Ironically, Spiderman's cover in the second day of this DDQ will reward me a yellow Miles cover as a champ reward, which would have made this Crash so much easier.  :D
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Amateurs, all of you. 1 cover in purple. Downed her first try. The fight lasted forever and was shocked multiple times. Invisibility was my only friend and was finally able to beat her with a surprise that had NO web tiles to enhance it. It was a bitter fight that left Miles with 300 health and multiple bruises and contusions. 1 cover...
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Won after ten losses with my 1/2/1 Miles with only 69 health left. Became invisible very early and had board control most of the time. The match lastes more than ten minutes. Spider-Woman hit me three times with system shock while I Was invisible but that was not enough. LT to the hoard.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having just put my 4/1/5 Miles up to Lvl 209 following Wiccan's Shield Training, this went smoothly first try. SW did manage to match away my invisibility tile and then got her black out but I had enough purple to go invisible again next go and after waiting out her black, then a Surprise!/Energy blast thingy combo took her down.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no way I'm taking this one lol; my 0/3/1 lvl 111 Miles has no damage dealing attacks, just a 1 turn stun and the ability to accrue (unusable) purple AP from matching the web spam. Unless I land a purple from someplace today I'm going to have to let it go.