Random MPQ Thoughts

TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
The current PvE loaner node got me thinking. I can't help but wonder if there are some clashes between Kurt and Blade. I mean, could Nightcrawler and The Daywalker ever really get along?

What kind of evidence is JJ turning up bonus round: What about the Symbiotes, Ultron Sentries, and Mindless Ones?

Speaking of which, how do Daken's pheromones work on Mindless Ones or Sentries?

How, exactly, does a Fastball Special provide an advantage to someone who can already fly?

Anyone else got stuff that pops into their head like this?

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor

How, exactly, does a Fastball Special provide an advantage to someone who can already fly?
    Haven't tried it myself, but shouldn't this trigger Vulture's AP production?
    And if you cast one Fell Swoop before Fastball Special would it hit the whole team when he "lands"?
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Kahmon said:

And if you cast one Fell Swoop before Fastball Special would it hit the whole team when he "lands"?
    So spend 13ap to send vulture airborne using Colossus rather than 6ap to send vulture airborne under his own power?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    The description says:
    At the start of the turn, if Vulture was Airborne, gain[..]
    So I guess that would work. What I'd be more interested in though is the order of operations -- suppose Vulture fired his green power when coming down, would his green passive trigger also and remove the tile again for team damage because he's coming back from airborne? :mrgreen: 
  • FartyJoe
    FartyJoe Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Mujo5 said:
    Kahmon said:

So spend 13ap to send vulture airborne using Colossus rather than 6ap to send vulture airborne under his own power?
    Well actually if you use Colossus black with 3 covers, he'll stay airborne for 3 turns instead of 2 thus generating more AP as well as activating either his costly green or blue OR going airborne again for free. I'm pretty sure the AP gain from using Colossus black is net positive 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    FartyJoe said:
    Mujo5 said:
    Kahmon said:

Well actually if you use Colossus black with 3 covers, he'll stay airborne for 3 turns instead of 2 thus generating more AP as well as activating either his costly green or blue OR going airborne again for free. I'm pretty sure the AP gain from using Colossus black is net positive 
    That doesn’t seem unnecessarily convoluted at all
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    The current PvE loaner node got me thinking. I can't help but wonder if there are some clashes between Kurt and Blade. I mean, could Nightcrawler and The Daywalker ever really get along?

What kind of evidence is JJ turning up bonus round: What about the Symbiotes, Ultron Sentries, and Mindless Ones?

1.) They could hang out at sunset and sunrise
    2.) Ultron Sentries - what happens at the Christmas Party with the photocopier stays at the Christmas Party. Mindless Ones - Jessica has discovered that they are not really Mindless Ones, they are ex-PE Teachers. Symbiotes - uhm...
    3.) Daken e-mail's his pheromones to the Sentries and the Mindless Ones just take his word for it that they are affected.
    4.) Well now they can fly even higher!

• FartyJoe
    FartyJoe Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    DAZ0273 said:
    3.) Daken e-mail's his pheromones to the Sentries and the Mindless Ones just take his word for it that they are affected

Look at me, you're affected now
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gwen Pool could send Vulture airborne too
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I've always found it funny that Blade's bloodlust triggers for robots and sentries.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's a random thought I had last night: why do they make the game so hard?....meaning you have to grind to the point of physical or mental exhaustion for the best rewards?  So everyone has to decide what level of "dedication" they will put into the game, which directly affects their rewards.  Well, they have to do it that way in order to separate players into different levels.....meaning your level of dedication/time will directly impact your progress/power in the game. 

If they didn't make the game this hard, meaning that everyone could get top rewards with reasonable effort, then everyone would get the same rewards and be at the same level.  So, even though I don't like it, I understand the purpose of the difficulty.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

Think of it as a takeoff assist, like the slingshots on the shorter aircraft carrier decks :)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    These are some interesting questions.
    ...could Nightcrawler and The Daywalker ever really get along?
    I don't see why not? They both like swords. A solid friendship is built on common interests.
    My Jessica is too busy throwing them through a door to take their picture. But I imagine the symbiotes, at least, have some skeletons in their closet. Those guys are creepy.
    The same way they work on everyone else.
    Well, it's a matter of complicated physics but I'll try to simplify it. Colossus can bench press approximately 75 tons, which means he's really, really strong. Therefore, the amount of force he can use to propel a human body is greater than the force that same body can generate under it's own power of flight.

The mathematics look like this: A > B / A - B = C / Fastball Special = B + C

I hope that clears it up for you.  :D

Sometimes I wonder what happens when Galactus goes number two?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    That Mindless ones can give the Nina Turtles a run for their money in the halfpipe?

Image result for nextwave mindless ones
  • TPF Alexis
    Kahmon said:

I don't know about One Fell Swoop, but he does produce AP while Airborne regardless of how he got there. I like running him against Riri or Nova, and trying to put him in front when they get enough AP for their "send Airborne" attack.
    FartyJoe said:
    Mujo5 said:
    Kahmon said:

Even at 3 Turns Airborne, he only generates 6 black AP total. That means a net loss of 7 black over 3 Turns using Colossus to send him up, over twice the per-Turn loss when sending him Airborne with his own ability.
    Dormammu said:
    These are some interesting questions.
    ...could Nightcrawler and The Daywalker ever really get along?
    I don't see why not? They both like swords. A solid friendship is built on common interests.

A good point. Swords can make for an excellent common ground!
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Sometimes I wonder what happens when Galactus goes number two?
    I believe this was how the Mindless Ones came in being.
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Random Mpq thought : Gambit's nerf will revive the game
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Would Vulture then gain AP if sent airborne by the other team then by way of an attack (say Nova sends him airborne by way of Rocketman)?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    That Mindless ones can give the Nina Turtles a run for their money in the halfpipe?
    Aw.. who are they? They are already Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in some countries because of the negative connotations of the word ninja.. now we can’t even use Hero? :lol:
    It's like the Powerpuff Girls, Nina is retconned into the newest iteration to make it all inclusive  ;)

Related image
    And no, we don't need another hero... 
  • TPF Alexis
    Would Vulture then gain AP if sent airborne by the other team then by way of an attack (say Nova sends him airborne by way of Rocketman)?
    Yep. I've pulled it off multiple times by having him get hit by an opposing Riri's green.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Just how soon IS CL10 from release?

It's certainly not soon in the sense that most people would use the term. 
    Even in movie or video game terms this use of 'soon' has dragged on.

Perhaps it means soon relative to the next Game of Thrones book release?