Update to Versus Reward Structure (6/20/18)

12345679»

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I like it but I don't play PVP much.  Just enough to get a few rewards, maybe a token or so.  At least, as some people noted, you can choose how to play PVP.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alliance mate informed me that when you hit the point thresholds, it automatically bumps your wins up accordingly. Can anyone confirm if this is true? If so, it’s pretty huge. I can get to 900 in one push. If that automatically bumps me to 40 wins, 35 more for the CP is doable. 
    wow that sounds very cool if true
    Apparently it’s not. Someone on line tried it and it did not work. My bad. 
    Yeah, I don't know why it seemed that way. I need to see what's going on. It seemed like when I hit the next threshold for points it bumped my wins, too. But also my game currently crashes and has to re-load all the time, so who knows if they pushed out a "fix" and it was working that way... I put nothing past them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried it and it doesn't bump my wins. I reached the points before the wins. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    So far so good.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    @Brigby

So my feedback is when you hit a point threshold, it should bump your wins to that level (which I weirdly thought it was doing).

I hit 900+ in 31 wins and I'm sure that number is inflated from how many it would normally take, but I was playing a bit recklessly and not using too many shields.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Currently at 22 wins / 595 points which equates to 700 points reward-wise. Will finally get my first pvp 4* soon, loving this change!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Currently 937 points in 28 Wins. Got the 4* by points before the Wins. Glad the Wins system is there though, because I'm not always going to have Boosted 4*'s to count on. 
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Ok as a veteran in five star land, who tends to get 1500 or more points per pvp, I have to say that I will most likely never touch that 75 win total, and I am fine with that. That win total includes getting the seed teams out of the way. (8 to 10) freebies. In fact, I rarely do more than 40 matches a pvp and I tend to be very active when I am enforcing.  Most players start shield hopping around the 900 to 1100 point level depending on the available targets.   With advanced rosters Getting to 800 points Usually takes 10 to 15 wins ( you skip a lot and look for teams worth more than 50 points) after the seed teams.  After 800 points, MMR changes things for some people.  Now in a shard with quality communication among the players, you can actually still maintain that 50 point or higher average in climbing, especially with shield hopping. Let's say I get to 1000 and shield. I have most likely gotten there with less than 30 wins. It only takes 4 victories, averaging 50 points each to get to that 1200 points. So that is less than 40 wins.   At the same time, I have not committed a lot of time to actually playing. My playing is basically communicating with other players, frequently, it is just reading what other players are doing.   Now for the people who are going to grind 75 wins out of a pvp, my hat is off to you.  In most cases, with the mmr, you are going to be facing lots of Rocket Groot, Medusa, Gamora teams. Many of your matches are going to be 4 to 5 minutes long and boring. It is going to also cost you health packs. Let's assume you got 3 seed teams, because you are a slacker and didn't start right in the beginning. You have 72 more wins to go at an average of 4 minutes per match, that is 288 minutes. That is basically 4.8 hours of play. My hat is off to you. If you want to invest 4 to 5 hours per pvp actively playing, you earned that 15 command points. On another note, you won't waste HP on shields, but most people who complain about never hitting 1200 points, did not do that anyway.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Ok as a veteran in five star land, who tends to get 1500 or more points per pvp, I have to say that I will most likely never touch that 75 win total, and I am fine with that. That win total includes getting the seed teams out of the way. (8 to 10) freebies. In fact, I rarely do more than 40 matches a pvp and I tend to be very active when I am enforcing.  Most players start shield hopping around the 900 to 1100 point level depending on the available targets.   With advanced rosters Getting to 800 points Usually takes 10 to 15 wins ( you skip a lot and look for teams worth more than 50 points) after the seed teams.  After 800 points, MMR changes things for some people.  Now in a shard with quality communication among the players, you can actually still maintain that 50 point or higher average in climbing, especially with shield hopping. Let's say I get to 1000 and shield. I have most likely gotten there with less than 30 wins. It only takes 4 victories, averaging 50 points each to get to that 1200 points. So that is less than 40 wins.   At the same time, I have not committed a lot of time to actually playing. My playing is basically communicating with other players, frequently, it is just reading what other players are doing.   Now for the people who are going to grind 75 wins out of a pvp, my hat is off to you.  In most cases, with the mmr, you are going to be facing lots of Rocket Groot, Medusa, Gamora teams. Many of your matches are going to be 4 to 5 minutes long and boring. It is going to also cost you health packs. Let's assume you got 3 seed teams, because you are a slacker and didn't start right in the beginning. You have 72 more wins to go at an average of 4 minutes per match, that is 288 minutes. That is basically 4.8 hours of play. My hat is off to you. If you want to invest 4 to 5 hours per pvp actively playing, you earned that 15 command points. On another note, you won't waste HP on shields, but most people who complain about never hitting 1200 points, did not do that anyway.
    Currently I'm in s4 and am close to 1k in score and already hit 30 wins (only 3 seed teams).   I've only played a little over 30 minutes so far,  and i might have even tried your big team once or twice.  Don't think i have had a 5 minute game yet so i think the 4 to 5 hour estimate might be elevated.

**Removed inappropriate content - Ducky
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm enjoying this new pvp. Very low stress for me. Currently at 30 wins.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    Im not as much of a veteran in the 5 star land as you,  but i seem to do ok.  Currently I'm in s4 and am close to 1k in score and already hit 30 wins (only 3 seed teams).   I've only played a little over 30 minutes so far,  and i might have even tried your big team once or twice.  Don't think i have had a 5 minute game yet so i think the 4 to 5 hour estimate might be elevated. As for your enforcer remark,  shouldn't an effective enforcer be playing the whole event and not be shielding?   I mean... I'm kind of new to the game but you can't exactly enforce from behind a shield,  can you?  
    That’s hilarious. Kids these days
  • grunth13
    edited June 2018
    ZeroKarma said:
    grunth13 said:
    Im not as much of a veteran in the 5 star land as you,  but i seem to do ok.  Currently I'm in s4 and am close to 1k in score and already hit 30 wins (only 3 seed teams).   I've only played a little over 30 minutes so far,  and i might have even tried your big team once or twice.  Don't think i have had a 5 minute game yet so i think the 4 to 5 hour estimate might be elevated. As for your enforcer remark,  shouldn't an effective enforcer be playing the whole event and not be shielding?   I mean... I'm kind of new to the game but you can't exactly enforce from behind a shield,  can you?  
    That’s hilarious. Kids these days
    I know, right?  I mean, if you want to be called an "enforcer", "sniper", "scrounge of the earth", etc, just let your play make people actually say that about you...you don't have to make it up yourself.  Majority of the time, if you have to call yourself some title, others don't feel you deserve it.  BTW, up to 51 wins and have only hit people during commercials etc.  Still haven't had a 5 minute match.
  • whitecat31
    I apologize, I believe there is some communication issues here.  I did not call my self an enforcer in this post. I said  "I tend to be very active when I am enforcing".   I will also clarify about the time I mentioned and the people I think can 'only' win the reward with 75 wins.  These are the people with 4 star rosters who are going to face the predominant 4 star team out there which is the 4 star groot, medusa, and gamora teams. Most of the 5 star championed players don't face them and if they do, they tear through them quickly, but my girlfriend's account does, and that is where the 4 to 5 minute mark comes.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments civil and on the topic of the Versus Tournament Reward Structure. Thank you!
  • grunth13
    edited June 2018
    I apologize, I believe there is some communication issues here.  I did not call my self an enforcer in this post. I said  "I tend to be very active when I am enforcing".   I will also clarify about the time I mentioned and the people I think can 'only' win the reward with 75 wins.  These are the people with 4 star rosters who are going to face the predominant 4 star team out there which is the 4 star groot, medusa, and gamora teams. Most of the 5 star championed players don't face them and if they do, they tear through them quickly, but my girlfriend's account does, and that is where the 4 to 5 minute mark comes.
    4 star rosters have a very diverse and powerful power set, hence why when BOP is going on, everyone is using 4 stars, not 5 stars.  In 4 star land, there is no gambit that just kills your ap every turn throughout the match.  Majority of 4 star have wonderful powers with decent ap to power damage ratio so it shouldn't take 5 minutes to finish the match.  Heck, I can beat 5 star rosters with the right set of 4 stars in 2 minutes.  As for the comment on enforcing...its not "enforcing" if you are just "climbing" very late and shielding.  Enforcing someone is hitting them so often that they give up climbing even if you are hitting them for 1-38 points. BTW, up to 60 wins now.

**Removed inappropriate content - Ducky
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Pff, just met 4* Gamora and 4* Medusa, both with 60K HPs, that is way more than my 5*s have :D 
    Plus, tons of Gambits as usual. I can easily get to 10 wins, but then game becomes too boring, annoying, difficult and frustrating to even try. 40 wins (or even more) per 2 days is simply too much against opponents i am being put against.
    Adding screenshot - have 5 wins so far and this is what game offers me.
    Opponent: https://imgur.com/fDuYRli
    My team: https://imgur.com/E0zLaHw
    Result:https://imgur.com/1GMWMP1

So yeah, "tear through them quickly". 5 minutes indeed... loss, but quick.
    Cant wait for your arguments (i expect "you havent done your best" and "you champed the most useless 5*s" as usually).
  • grunth13
    Just hit win 75, alliance mate at 158.  
  • whitecat31
    edited June 2018
    grunth13 said:

Congratulations, you have a roster with three 550's and plenty of 520+ characters. You are about 10 standard deviations off the norm. 

• grunth13
    grunth13 said:

Congratulations, you have a roster with three 550's and plenty of 520+ characters. You are about 10 standard deviations off the norm. 

Alliance mate has a roster similar to your roster and he had on last count 164 wins, what's your point.  Also, ended the event with 84 wins.  Didn't spend an excessive amount of time...played a few matches here and there.  Also, no matches that lasted 4-5 mintues.  I think this is a win win for everyone.  I'll be seeing you after that gambit nerf :smiley: