Is there any way to connect the game with the Steam account on Android?

0Mr_Green0
0Mr_Green0 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
I have been playing this game on PC, using my Steam account since before i got my phone. But now I want to switch to play on phone and don't know how to keep the Steam game account. I can't find the way to connect the two accounts so far, anyone has any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    There isn't a way to transfer your roster from Steam to mobile.
  • 0Mr_Green0
    0Mr_Green0 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    And no way to connect the Steam account with Facebook or Google Play neither?
    Damn
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately not.  :disappointed:
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    This has been a request since the beginning. I don't think we'll ever get it unless Google buys Steam. **fingers crossed**
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    They offered it early in the game but some players abused the ability to switch between different systems to cheat. So, they've taken it away.

If they keep the system, they have to spend extra time to deal with cheaters instead of improving the game or fix bugs.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    They offered it early in the game but some players abused the ability to switch between different systems to cheat. So, they've taken it away.

If they keep the system, they have to spend extra time to deal with cheaters instead of improving the game or fix bugs.
    What?
    They connected the Steam and Mobile accounts for the players who were in the Steam beta.

They stopped doing the connection because it's a manual process that takes a dev/IceIX.

Nothing to do with cheating, that works with two mobile devices, not mobile and Steam.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Q: Will players be able to share, transfer or link Steam and mobile accounts?
    A: We offered this very early on, but found that some people were using it to cheat. We already spend a lot of development time preventing cheating that could be spent working on features, so we decided to just disable the feature. It’s too bad, as the PC version has some cool stuff. If there’s a way to make this work in the future, we’ll try it.
    • Bowgentle
      Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited June 2018
      Q: Will players be able to share, transfer or link Steam and mobile accounts?
      A: We offered this very early on, but found that some people were using it to cheat. We already spend a lot of development time preventing cheating that could be spent working on features, so we decided to just disable the feature. It’s too bad, as the PC version has some cool stuff. If there’s a way to make this work in the future, we’ll try it.
        Look.
        I was there when they did connect accounts.
        I had Ice in my alliance until he left the game.

It's nice that Will is trying to put a spin on it, but that's not the reason they aren't linking accounts.