Hazoret's undying fury with Muldrotha, the gravetide bug? [Investigating]

Barbelith42
Barbelith42 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
Spells cast with HUF have their cost reduced to zero when muldrotha, the gravetide fetches from graveyard spell cast with HUF appear ready to cast in the choose 1 of 4 cards in graveyard menu and when returned to hand they do not get half their mana. Kind of makes sense tho cuz half of zero is still zero right?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    This can also happen if one of your cards gets discarded from your hand with some mana on it. It'll show up partially or fully charged in the selection screen, but it'll have zero mana once it's in your hand.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    So just to double check, is it a display bug you're reporting, where cards are displaying with mana when they shouldn't be, or is it that the card should have mana, but it's returning to your hand with zero instead?
  • Barbelith42
    Barbelith42 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Both, a display bug and unsure if the card should or should not get half of its mana via muldrotha ability
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, it's both. The cards getting displayed with mana in the graveyard is probably just a visual bug, but Muldrotha not giving them any mana after returning them is an actual gameplay affecting bug. I also recently saw a similar bug with Karn's first ability, where a card in my library looked like it had mana, which I took a screenshot of:

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    The card from HuF has a cost of 0 so that's why it shows full in the graveyard during the muldrotha effect, but that zero cost card isn't put in the players hand. Should that zero cost card be what we get back (i.e. the HuF 'reduce to zero cost' effect is a permanent change to that card particular card) or should the card come back w/o the HuF modification and fill to half mana?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Looks like there is a bug ticket open in the database, so the team is definitely aware of this issue and looking into it.