Update to Jubilee (Classic)'s Champion Rewards (6/19/18)

1235»

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I also disagree that this would be met with same cynicism if it were 4* Jean Grey feeding into Phoenix. It's a completely logical progression. If you take a look at the feeder thread that's the prediction that everyone has as well. 
  • ZeroKarma
    Well, it was brought up to me by an alliance mate that the feeder scheme will allow people that are newer to the game to have the featured character in PvE for the essential. 

This makes sense, but eventually they will have to deal with the other 60 4*, and the elimination of vaulting in any way, shape or form will make this more difficult in the future. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:

Jubilee (Classic) will be available in placement rewards for Simulator starting at 7:00 AM EDT on June 21st. 
    Gonna assume this is a typo....
  • ZeroKarma
    That’s when SImulator PvE starts
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    I only skimmed the five pages before me, so forgive me if I missed these topics:

1)  We're getting a new version of Jubilee?  I mean, I know we have a Jubilee (Uncanny X-Men) in the game, where can I get information about Jubilee (Classic)?

2)  Why the heck is 4* Jubilee (of any sort) feeding 5* Phoenix?  It should be 4* Phoenix that was made the feeder.  This is just as stupid as making 4* Drax feed 5* Starlord instead of 4* Starlord.  This makes my OCD itch.  Seriously.  I know it probably sounds daft, but this sort of nonsense really is the type of thing that would drive me to stop playing.

• 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Statistics probably show that not very many people have Jubilee Champed, so they decided not to chose Cyclops, Xavier or Teen Jean.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma said:
    I still don't see the positive of this. The people that have higher levels of Jubilee than Professor X will likely have zero use for a Phoenix cover in that case. They definitely won't be able to cover her fully, and if they have that many covers of Jubilee they probably also have Latest Legends that are more worth focusing on. 

So, since you're a veteran and you have a champed Phoenix you could at least have gotten more champion rewards out of the deal. I am looking for the cross-demographic that benefits most from a real new 4* feeding a very old 5* in comparison to the other presented scenarios. 

I'm a Day 1379 player who plays too much and has spent more money than I'd like to admit on the game, with 45 champed 4* characters, and my 5* Phoenix is at 1/1/0. My Professor X is at lvl. 289 and my Jean Grey is at lvl. 285. I'd have gotten one more Phoenix cover out of it. I still would have never used Phoenix outside of the rare 5* essential node even if I'd gotten 6 more covers out of it. If you gave me the remaining 11 covers I needed, and the ISO to champ her, I would not have, as she would not be the first 5* I'd sink my foot into that pool with. And if I had Phoenix champed already and had gotten a champ level, I would not have noticed the difference. 

My argument is not that this situation is perfect, just that it doesn't really matter. Yes, 4* Jean Grey to 5* Phoenix would make the most logical sense, but that's not how feeders have worked in this game, and picking a different X-Men character instead isn't completely illogical. Enough people are happy about the choice that I can just be happy for them and not care. All I care about is that:

1) They continue releasing 5* feeders.

That's it.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Marvel Puzzle Quest. Marvel. Put some logic on Marvel's chars feeders, please.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well the longer they take to roll out feeders, the more chance you have to get a LL token(s) and then still get the 5* covers when they are announced as feeders. I think they retroactively reward the 5* covers still right?
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:
    Jubilee would have been better for Gambit than Phoenix. Both do “charged tile things”. Both have powers that are more about boom-boom. Both have long jackets.
    I actually thought Jubilee would have been the Gambit feeder (and would have made the most sense) and my Jubilee is only at 272, so it's not like I would be seeing any rewards any time soon.

I just need SOME hope of getting another Gambit cover, seeing as the 5* mandatory is Jessica Jones every second week and I have a better chance of getting struck by lightening than getting a 5* BH.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    Well the longer they take to roll out feeders, the more chance you have to get a LL token(s) and then still get the 5* covers when they are announced as feeders. I think they retroactively reward the 5* covers still right?
    Which would be nice if we still have 4x odds for latest. If they continue making the newest characters feeder, that time won't mean much now that odds are even for all 64 characters.

That said, I try my best to target anyone at the 279, 299, 319 mark with BH in the off chance of one becoming a feeder. Really wish though that BH dropped more than they do for me right now. I can sit on for weeks without a drop.