Can we get some info?

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
@Brigby feels like its been ages since we got an update on stuff.  Some quick questions (note I'm not looking for specific answers that I know you can't give, just something to work with)

1.  Most important question.  Will Core 2019 be coming to MTGPQ?  The paper set releases in a few weeks, and we should at least know if it it coming at some point this summer.

2.  You mentioned in another thread that the Devs are working on a standard training grounds.  Can you give any info on that?  How it'll work (is it a toggle or just a separate event), will rewards be the same..ect

3.  Will daily login and ToTP rewards be changed to have standard-legal packs?  HOU is the next set to rotate out and it would be odd for it to still be given in a pay-to-play event.

4.  Have you seen my DOM Balancing Ideas thread?  Have the devs?  Do you like my suggestions?  Is it possible that some of them are actually used?  I'm super curious how that was received, and also if it is something that should be done for future sets.

Comments

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Mburn7 said:

4.  Have you seen my DOM Balancing Ideas thread?  Have the devs?  Do you like my suggestions?  Is it possible that some of them are actually used?  I'm super curious how that was received, and also if it is something that should be done for future sets.
    Whether or not it leads to change, it should be done for future sets. Devs need to see what the active MTGPQ community wants and, more importantly, does not want. Thank you for beginning and curating that thread.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    1.  Most important question.  Will Core 2019 be coming to MTGPQ?  The paper set releases in a few weeks, and we should at least know if it it coming at some point this summer.
    .. And how. As a new core set, as a new set,...

It's really bad for the motivation to be left in the dark!
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Mburn7 said:

We need core set informations to make strategies of rotations and crystals. However i believe HOU will rotate just after ravnica set
  • Mburn7
    @Brigby still waiting on some info here.  Pretty please?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, some input of any kind would be great.
    I vaguely remember the qa, maybe we'll get more info there? It should be due (two weeks ago) any day now.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I agree with what all these snazzy people above me here said.  Totally beginning to suffer from Hibernum PTSD here.

Hibernum PTSD
    Symptoms include: excessive eye-twitching, heightened level of frustration, a general feeling of doom for your gaming future, cravings for macaroni and cheese.
  • Mburn7
    Still waiting for some info @Brigby (or at least confirmation that info is coming soon).

My eye isn't twitching yet but I think its getting close. Boy do I not miss that.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited June 2018
    ♪ "Sooomewheeeere ouuuuut there, beneath the pale LCD light" ♬

♫ Octagon's thinking of us and doing...err...something, I think, maybe? ♬

♬Somewhere riiiiight here, we're all saying a prayer ♪

♫That we'll find another update/bug fix in that dream somewhere out there" ♫

• HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    OK ,seriously. I'm starting to have flashbacks. This is not encouraging. 
  • Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    DumasAG said:
    Mburn7 said:

Whether or not it leads to change, it should be done for future sets. Devs need to see what the active MTGPQ community wants and, more importantly, does not want. Thank you for beginning and curating that thread.
    Plus, it makes their work way easier, because we do the thinking. :P
  • Mburn7
    Day 3 without an answer.  Eye beginning to flutter, no full twitch yet (but close).  Hibernium flashbacks starting up again.  Urge to spend orbs despite increased cost increasing along with self-loathing for having said urge.  Hype for Core 2019 already diminishing, despite the pre-release being 10 days away.

@Brigby I see you posting stuff, why are you ignoring me?  Please say something, anything!  Please?
  • FindingHeart8
    content...need...content...

Image result for dying man in desert

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby is posting stuff consistently in the Marvel Puzzle Quest forum. I don't think it's for lack of desire on his part rather lack of anything from Oktagon. @Oktagon_Daiane can you give us a scrap of anything?
  • FindingHeart8
    edited June 2018
    even if it was something like:

"Hey guys!  We're super busy working on m19 core set right now with its bijillion new planeswalkers, so we're going to completely 100% ghost y'all for weeks, so sit tight,"

we'd all probably be quite chipper about it because we'd know why they aren't responding and not feel neglected :)
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    even if it was something like:

"Hey guys!  We're super busy working on m19 core set right now with its bijillion new planeswalkers, so we're going to completely 100% ghost y'all for a weeks, so sit tight,"

we'd all probably be quite chipper about it because we'd know why they aren't responding and not feel neglected :)
    Agree
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    I just want to know why crafting can't be pushed out as its own update. Would that even need a client side update? How much work could it possibly be? I don't even care about M19 anymore. I just want Azor's Gateway already and refuse to try for it at 7,500.
  • Mburn7
    Brigby said:
    I can confirm that we are working on Core Set 2019, now that we're all caught up to tabletop Magic: the Gathering's set release schedule.

And for those wondering when Dominaria will be added to Booster Crafting, it'll be available following the upcoming 2.7.1 build update.
    Thank you for the response.  This is really all we've been looking for.

Do you have any similar vague confirmations for my other questions?  Especially #4, I really am curious if my card balancing thread is being seen by the devs in any way.