Legendary spells not legendary or historic? [Fixed in 2.8.1]

Gun Bunny
Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
edited September 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
Having played several matches with Karn's temporal sundering, primevals' glorious rebirth, Kamahl's druidic vow, and Jaya's immolating inferno (haven't played with yawgmoth's vile offering yet, but I imagine this is a problem for that card also) they are not interacting properly with cards that reference legendary or historic cards, despite having the legendary icon on the card.

This includes, but isn't necessarily limited to:
Thran temporal gateway (won't fill, even if it's the first card in hand)
Jhoira, Weatherlight captain (doesn't trigger)
Raff Capashen, ship's mage (isn't discounted when he's in play)

Tapping on the icon for the spell card explicitly states that they are legendary cards, yet aren't being treated as such. Is the card icon improperly applied, or are the cards not working properly?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018

@Brigby, @Oktagon_Daiane This spell, Urza's Ruinous Blast, is not being consider as historic by Thran Temporal Gateway. It did not get full mana tough it was the first card in my hand The second card received it.

Someone has to review this historic spells behavior .
  • Diminatrix
    Diminatrix Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Have you guys heard about any resolution to the above mentioned issues?

I also have Urza's and Thran Gateway, and i am facing the same effect. Even though Urza's is my first card in hand, the second historic card fills up with mana and Urza's is ignored. 

• Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Jaya's Immolating Inferno has the same problem. 
  • Gun Bunny
    2.7.1 has not fixed this problem
  • Gun Bunny
    Holding out a slim hope this had been addressed in 2.8 since it isn't in the newest bug list.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    This should be fixed in 2.7.1 but hope it will be in 2.8 tough it is not in the prerelease notes.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    This is a major bug that needs to be fixed in 3.8.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Seeing how much these trivial investigations take 3.8 sounds quite accurate. 😂
  • techmarine5
    techmarine5 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    I would also like to mention here that Jhoira doesn't count herself as a historic spell. Other cards do though, so I don't understand. Is it a wording issue?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would also like to mention here that Jhoira doesn't count herself as a historic spell. Other cards do though, so I don't understand. Is it a wording issue?
    Oktagon has had serious problems getting ETB effects to work when casting another copy of the same card.  this is just another example of that, I'm sure
  • Gun Bunny
    Confirmed fixed in 2.8, as well as Jhoira now triggering herself.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gun Bunny said:
    Confirmed fixed in 2.8, as well as Jhoira now triggering herself.
    Also, the replicator will reinforce whenever it is cast as well.  Starts as an 8/8 now, which is pretty strong.
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Confirmed in 2.8.1 that Urza's Ruinous Blast was being filled by Thran Temporal Gateway.  Have not tried the Gateway with other Legendary spells yet.
  • Gun Bunny
    @bken1234 @Brigby this issue is confirmed fixed, can we lock this thread already?
  • Gun Bunny
    Bumping for thread lock, as well as removing this from the know bugs list.