Hazoret's Undying Fury

Options
2»

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doomstat said:
    Hazoret's Undying Fury + Seasons Past without a kill is the loop. Those are the only two spells in the deck. Had to add Aetherflux Reservoir to get the kill.

I screwed myself by emptying my hand except for H.U.D., went off, forgot I didn't have A.R in play, sat there for 4 minutes hoping it would stop. When the first S.P. goes off, it brings H.U.D. back after the gem change, second S.P.  fills the cost, etc.

I really want to feel sorry for you, then I think of all the unfortunate souls to had to face off against your infinite-loop-but-no-win deck in the time it took you to realize you'd committed mtgpq blasphemy...then I feel less sorry for you ;)
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes, well... hopefully no one had to face my Samut. I mean, it can win without it, but I sometimes enjoy being able to put the game down to pet my kids(dogs and cats) and still win the match. After that, though, the match can wait.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Doomstat said:
    Yes, well... hopefully no one had to face my Samut. I mean, it can win without it, but I sometimes enjoy being able to put the game down to pet my kids(dogs and cats) and still win the match. After that, though, the match can wait.
    I can respect that.  With the number of events that are going on at the same time recently, it can be nice to not have every battle feel like trench warfare.  I also do a similar combo to what you do with red/green (also HuF+Deploy as I'm sure you've seen me state before lol)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is exactly the opposite, maybe one of the most broken cards in the game -- in Standard and Legacy. 
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Back then when I loved abusing Deploy, I was shut down by this card.

Now that I have HUF too, I can tell with full certainty that HUF + Deply = one of the absolute sickest combos in the game. To give you an idea, with the right creatures (usually involving Decimator and Emrakul), a single successful cast of HUF will insta-kill ANY planeswalker, even Bolas and Angrath who have monstrous HP. No joke.

As far as I can think of, this combo's only weaknesses are discard (which nearly killed me earlier, especially since it was Vraska with Gaea's Vengeance) and Starfield Lock (if because you sacrifice support destruction for pure instant-kill potential).
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've been trying HoF with Deploy in Ajani, and it is utterly ridiculous. Goggles in the same deck helps. The key is to remember to empty your hand before it goes off.

If only I had Decimator as well...

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NinjaE said:

I've been trying HoF with Deploy in Ajani, and it is utterly ridiculous. Goggles in the same deck helps. The key is to remember to empty your hand before it goes off.

I've had a lot of fun with this using the 2 sets of meld cards in R/W. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    NinjaE said:

I've had a lot of fun with this using the 2 sets of meld cards in R/W. 
    playing it with the Brady Bunch of Eldrazi titans is pretty fun too :)
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'd love to make a Koth deck using this and Hour of Devastation.

....except I don't have hour of devastation.

• FindingHeart8
    Options
    I feel your pain :'(
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For a little while, I was running a Saheeli or Nicol Bolas deck with HUF, Whir of Invention, Goggles, Omniscience, and Harness the Storm, but honestly it was so stupidly strong I got bored with it pretty quickly. The Bolas version of the deck was a little more fun though, I filled out the entire rest of the deck with cards that stole the other player's cards and let me kill them with their own stuff.

Btw, for those of you looking for a standard-playable equivalent to Aetherflux Reservoir, to make sure your infinite loops actually kill the other guy eventually, don't overlook the uncommon Firebrand Archer.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    NinjaE said:

I'd love to make a Koth deck using this and Hour of Devastation.

....except I don't have hour of devastation.

I've been running a Nahiri with HUF/HOD as the only two spells.  It's exactly as dumb as you think it is.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you don't have deploy - vision of brutality is actually quite nice replacement... Kill slower but watching how ai kill itself.. ..
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    oooo...i could see that working REAL well with a cheap blocker
  • Barbelith42
    Barbelith42 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have a pretty fancy build with karn using this card:
    Spells...
    Hazoret's undying fury 
    Primevals' glorious rebirth
    Dark petition
    Gather the pack
    Supports...
    Induced amnesia
    Farm/market
    The flame of keld
    Creatures...
    Mukdrotha, the gravetide
    Tetzimok, primal death
    Lyra Dawnbringer

Basically use the discard stuff to put creatures in the yard and soon as you can cast HUF things get nasty real quick, muldrotha can fetch it back with half mana too, plus lots of multicolor cards which work nicely with karn first ability. 

• unifrog2
    unifrog2 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wildfire eternal with huf in any deck is powerful.  I use it with green red overcome, dubious challenge, and ambuscade. Red white,  with oketras last mercy, ensures you never die, and add all the expensive burns. Blue you can use kefnets last word, lay claim and welcome to the fold, to never let your opponent have a creature.  Black has things like torment of hailfire and remorseless punishment.  Honestly huf is an amazing card if you have the stuff to go with it.
  • Scottyp_123
    Scottyp_123 Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I have on several occasions got opening hand kills with Hazoret's undying fury.

The deck: (using Karn)

Hazoret's Undying Fury
    Deploy the Gatewatch
    Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    Zacama, Primal Calamity
    Samut, Voice of Dissent
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Painted Bluffs
    Manalith
    Prism Array
    Gilded Lotus

Make sure your hand is empty when you cast Hazoret's then sit back and watch the show!

The nice thing is that Samut gives everyone Haste so they can attack this turn, Kozilek fills your hand with new cards (often a fresh copy of Hazoret's) and Zacama get's you the mana you need to cast your hand empty again then everything starts over again!