Can you feel the love tonight (Distribution of supports)

dr tinykittylove
dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Wiccan and his Hulkling.

I keep saying this, supports are overspecific, overpriced, Rngesus is cruel, don't buy the deals, & etc.. 

So sue me. I'm a romantic tinykitty, and I want Wiccan to have his Hulkling. Also I've champed everyone except BeardCap, Iron Parker and Wiccan with 5 million iso to spare, 14k+ hp and 8 empty roster slots waiting to be filled and I'm bored.

So I bought a 10-pack for the Hulkling vault. Awful idea right?

That turned out to contain 2 advanced and 2 beginner tokens, plus one more beginner token from the 100hp daily deal. Awesome?

Awesomely full of dupe supports! D: and a Shuri's Lab. I have no idea what any of these do except occasionally slowing down my matchy matchy activities with a banner.

So what is the plan for getting all these awesome new supports out to the masses, really?

Why isn't there at least one beginner support token in pvp or pve progression and placement? Why not have a set support reward at say t25 in either? (Let's not discuss infinity stones and anything else that affects 0.02% of players please.) I do not have enough small felines to spare fighting people for 15cp or a 3* Daredevil, but I might be convinced to find one just so that Wiccan can be with his boyfriend. And any future supports as well.

Edit: I gave in and bought the 4800hp set. Got a new Spider Sense and Sharon Carter, then more dupes. Poor Wiccan. :(
Tagged:

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I'd quite like if they'd at least make 1* supports be available in standard tokens. Give them a new lease of life. 

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    I believe they have a mathematically based threshold to hit before they will make beginner token available in placement or progression reward. No point rushing them because it will come when the number is near.

Many of their decisions are made based on formula or restricted by certain formula. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Many of their decisions are made based on formula or restricted by certain formula. 
    A pox on all their formulae, I say. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,248 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe now that they have finally implemented the long requested hybrid PVP wins/points model, they will begin addressing the awful Support distribution model.

Some sort of communication would be appreciated.  I find it telling that lately they keep introducing the Supports in game before even posting about it on the forum (unlike, say, new characters).

That said, we have made our opinions very clear here and in other spots and the devs are quite aware of how badly Supports are viewed by many in the community.  So I assume they are working on something in that regard.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they gave out basic support tokens as progression rewards in PVE/PVP, they would very quickly become the primary source of red iso as people's chance of receiving a dupe increased. I suspect the devs (or their bean counters) value red iso too highly to allow that.

I'd be quite happy if they reduced the duplicate sell-back price a bit for rank 1 and 2 supports in exchange for more basic support tokens though.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I’m a long time player and could not give a tinykitty about supports because I rarely even see one. “Hey let’s add a feature that no one will see!” Brilliant. 
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    No one will really care about Supports until they can actually be earned somewhat consistently in the game. One low-level token per Season doesn't count. When you have a collecting game with no way to actually collect the things (outside of buying an expensive chance at RNG), people aren't going to be interested.

At this point, I'd rather see Supports get a "beta" tag on them to simply show they aren't even really intended to be part of the "main" game at this point, which is obviously the case.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    If they gave out basic support tokens as progression rewards in PVE/PVP, they would very quickly become the primary source of red iso as people's chance of receiving a dupe increased. I suspect the devs (or their bean counters) value red iso too highly to allow that.

I'd be quite happy if they reduced the duplicate sell-back price a bit for rank 1 and 2 supports in exchange for more basic support tokens though.

Honestly, they need to add a lot more Red Iso to the game as well.    They added supports to the game 2.5 months ago in early April.  Since that time I've participated in most of the non-CP deals regarding it, as I find it kind of fun and want to see what it can do.

I've focused on the Destroyer Gun, since it seems like the most useful one (fortifying specials is fun.) I currently have it at 131 - I got lucky enough to draw a rank 3 out of a Beginner token.  That's pretty much all I've got - I got Wong up to level 56, and got Corvus Glaive up to 33 before I realized his numbers are pretty disappointing.

So I've spent, at this point, 194758 Red Iso (and I have very little unspent, under 1k.)  That's enough to bring a single support up to 144.  In two and a half months. 

Yeah, that's tinykitty, that's utter tinykitty.  They need to add  more Red-Iso to the game.  I feel sure they will, but they're kind of dragging their heels in it, which is taking what little wind they have out the sails.

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe now that they have finally implemented the long requested hybrid PVP wins/points model, they will begin addressing the awful Support
    you could have just stopped there.  "awful Support(s)".
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta said:
    Personally I'd quite like if they'd at least make 1* supports be available in standard tokens. Give them a new lease of life. 

Also give us support tokens instead of standard in the SHIELD Resupply.  One of the few instances where I get irrationally mad at the game (that and when the enemy's opening move cascades them into like 30 AP and i have 3...)  is when I get a standard token in the Resupply.  Yay 100 iso for my Yelena cover, woot... 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    abmoraz said:
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe now that they have finally implemented the long requested hybrid PVP wins/points model, they will begin addressing the awful Support
    you could have just stopped there.  "awful Support(s)".
    I was coming to say the exact same thing. I like NOTHING about supports.
    I don’t like a new rare thing to collect that’s harder to collect than 5*s.
    I don’t like that that if you get a dup you get a worthless currency. 
    I don’t like that they add another layer of RNG to gameplay vs static benifits. 
    I don’t like that they slow down the game making them more a hinderance than a help in a game so steeded in speed clears. 
    I don’t like that you can’t equip or sell them in protest.

Give me 6*s vs this tinykitty 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

Give me 6*s vs this tinykitty 
    What have you done????  O.O
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Why doesn't a release vault have any specific Hulkling supports in it? 
    not even samples just an actual fixed chance
    120 item vault
    1 xMaster Support Token (with increased Hulking odds)
    1 x4* Hulkling Support
    3 x3* Hulkling Support
    10 x2* Hulkling Support
    25 x1* Hulkling Support

Whomever is in charge of these supports is not good at they job. Hulkling is actually really good with Wiccan! but nobody will ever know. The bundle valuation is donky-lus, the rarity is extreme and the amount of red is straight insulting. 
    It's like they did everything they could to make supports DOA. Some manager never liked the idea and is self -sabotaging the effort. 

#ricefamine