What's the best avenue for reporting what seems to be a cheat?

FeralSkald
FeralSkald Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
As the title covers, ran into some odd behavior which I'm not quite sure how to report to be investigated or fixed. Don't want to make it public and involves a specific player. Email support or?

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also try PM'ing Brigby 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still at a loss as to how one can cheat in this game, as we're never facing a player just an AI.

The only exception I can think of is players abusing known in-game glitches (I recently faced an opponent who had a set up that killed any creature I attacked with for the rest of the game).  However, I think the solution for that should be for the developers should put fixing the glitches as a higher priority to banning players abusing the glitches.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still at a loss as to how one can cheat in this game, as we're never facing a player just an AI.

The only exception I can think of is players abusing known in-game glitches (I recently faced an opponent who had a set up that killed any creature I attacked with for the rest of the game).  However, I think the solution for that should be for the developers should put fixing the glitches as a higher priority to banning players abusing the glitches.
    There are the usual app hacks people make, although I haven't seen it be a huge issue since QB ended.

I remember there was one event where a bunch of people had scores above the maximum, that was pretty odd and usually indicative of a cheater.  Not sure how else you can tell though.
  • FindingHeart8
    Mburn7 said:

There are the usual app hacks people make, although I haven't seen it be a huge issue since QB ended.

I remember there was one event where a bunch of people had scores above the maximum, that was pretty odd and usually indicative of a cheater.  Not sure how else you can tell though.
    were the scores above maximum a glitch though?  If it was a hack then yeah I'm all for banning
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    I have had two events glitch and given me extra charges making it possible to get above max score.
    They have happened when the game have been very buggy with lots of SWWs at start and end of matches.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    As the title covers, ran into some odd behavior which I'm not quite sure how to report to be investigated or fixed. Don't want to make it public and involves a specific player. Email support or?
    @FeralSkald please send a ticket and PM @Brigby

Thanks! 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Have you searched the bugs section? It's possible you ran across someone exploiting a known bug. For instance, two supports being destroyed at the same time (by gem-matching usually) sometimes only cancels the effects of one of them. That can cause some really unfair situations that probably look more like cheating than actual hacks would.
  • FindingHeart8
    DBJones said:
    Have you searched the bugs section? It's possible you ran across someone exploiting a known bug. For instance, two supports being destroyed at the same time (by gem-matching usually) sometimes only cancels the effects of one of them. That can cause some really unfair situations that probably look more like cheating than actual hacks would.
      Can't speak for FeralSkald, but the thing I encountered was definitely an exploited glitch.  Posted it on the bugs under the thread "Invincible Opponent," which in this case it was, as any creature attacking them for the rest of the game was instantly destroyed and dealt no damage
  • FeralSkald
    This had to do with a deck build, so not an AI glitch nor a typical bug . I tried to recreate it and could not, thus why I think it was intentional. Basically someone was running a mono red PW and casting multiple other color cards. And no, they weren't taken from my deck as I wasn't playing those colors either. 
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Was your opponent playing Dire Fleet Daredevil? Rare, cost 13, 4/3, First Strike, Creature - Human Pirate. "When this creature enters the battlefield, discard a card and move the first spell from your opponent's graveyard to your hand; it gains 6 mana."

That's the only newer card I can see that allows you to steal spells from an opponent...
  • FeralSkald
    Doomstat said:
    Was your opponent playing Dire Fleet Daredevil? Rare, cost 13, 4/3, First Strike, Creature - Human Pirate. "When this creature enters the battlefield, discard a card and move the first spell from your opponent's graveyard to your hand; it gains 6 mana."

That's the only newer card I can see that allows you to steal spells from an opponent...
    There's a few that could, but I wasn't playing those colors either.
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Do you remember who his planeswalker was? Now I'm intrigued...

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    [MOD MIC ON] It is a violation of forum rules to discuss actual or suspected cheats and exploits. []MOD MIC OFF]]
This discussion has been closed.