Update to Jubilee (Classic)'s Champion Rewards (6/19/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Following the daily patch on Wednesday (June 20th), Jubilee (Classic)'s Champion rewards are being updated to include Jean Grey (Phoenix) covers. 

Jean Grey (Phoenix) covers will be rewarded at the following Champion Levels: 
  • 280: greentilepng From the Ashes / Phoenix Force
  • 300: purpletilepng Psychic Rapport
  • 320:  Psychic Flames
  • 340: greentilepng From the Ashes / Phoenix Force
  • 350: purpletilepng Psychic Rapport
  • 360:  Psychic Flames
If you'd like the champion reward breakdown, check out the original announcement here: Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards

Jubilee (Classic) will be available in progression rewards for Simulator starting at 7:00 AM EDT on June 21st. 

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huzzah for another feeder!

Double-huzzah for Saves because otherwise that first green cover would go to waste!

Tripple-huzzah for being able to push Jubilee with bonus heroes and champ Phoenix whenever I get around to finding the ISO!

Three cheers for Jubilee!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh.....

And here was me panicking I needed to champ Phoenix fast because of my 4* Jean Grey.
    I mean...this would make more sense as a decision had you guys not eliminated the better odds for new 4*s thing but...I'll take this over having to frantically find 600,000 ISO in a fortnight.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    WOW.....
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    It’s now time to care as much about 5* feeders as supports, not at all.  Why pick jubilee when there are other more logical feeders that the population has at higher levels?  Nothing other than stinginess. 

BP and Jubilee being made feeders do not qualify as announcements.  I opened 300+ tokens after okoye went into tokens and my jubilee is only 277.  Have to assume they’re only going to be giving any tokens to the Uber whales.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I guess a direct relation as 4* BP to 5* BP is too much for D3.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    We love our feeder direction don't, we folks.

Actually though, this one benefits me for the fact that though I'm gonna champ Jubs after the next pve, I get the luxury of a long wait to 280 while not worrying about that 14th Phoenix cover at 280.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs are going to get flamed regardless of who they choose as feeders. Amazing! 
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I'm always amazed by how, no matter the news, people will find a reason as to why it's wrong and bad.
    It was a given that eventually there would be another feeder so the announcement in itself means nothing.  This one came later than the previous schedule would indicate and it was inexplicably for a character that the average player will have at lower levels than the more logical options.  There’s literally nothing positive about this relative to reasonable expectations.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    kk3thess said:
    I guess a direct relation as 4* BP to 5* BP is too much for D3.
    People complained about that one too.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know somebody has this info, but we we have a list of all the 4* and when they were released?  I am curious on how many older 4* are feeders compared to newer 4*.  I know XFW is a feeder for OML, but the other older ones, IW/Fury/HB/Teen Jean/Cyc/Thora are not feeders yet. After playing for this long I cannot remember the order of who got released when.  

It is a clear sign of pushing new chars even if they don’t make sense in the way some of us would think about it in the comic books or MCU.  
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    edited June 2018
    It does seem sort of random.  Is there a good list/post somewhere listing all the 4s which now feed a five?  Maybe if it wasn't so one at time I would be able to remember better which have been changed and which have not.