For those with high level Punisher and Hulk

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Whose green power do you favor more? My hulk is level 141, punisher 125 (on his way to 141). I am drawn between using thunderous clap or Judgement powers. Both are level 5 for me, and I often have these two in the same team lineup (hulk for taking damage, punisher for his Retribution.

On fights with hammer, maggia, etc. I tend to use thunderous clap as it can often take out countdown tiles, but in normal fights, im not sure which is better to go with...

Comments

• I can't remember last time I used Hulk's green, when with Punisher in the team. Strike Tiles are a game-breaker for me.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is almost no reason why you would use clap over judgement. I guess if you really desperately need a countdown tile off the board, but judgement is almost always going to deal more damage.
  • Maestro145
    Options
    Hulk's green is just for cleaning the board. OBW's green is a lot better.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maestro145 wrote:
    Huh? You mean, GSBW... right?
  • Maestro145
    Options
    Jathro wrote:
    Maestro145 wrote:
    Huh? You mean, GSBW... right?

yes, of cause. sorry icon_e_smile.gif
  • Getting an early Judgement down is usually my top priority when playing with Punisher. Hulk's green is underrated but there is seldom reason to use it when paired with Punisher, except as a finisher on the last turn or two.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll preach to the choir, too. I played a Spidey/Hulk/Punisher team in Fearless Defenders, and I used Hulk's Thounderous Clap maybe twice, as a finishing blow to a single opponent's character. Most of the time, Judgment will give you more damage on a long run. Unless you need to reset the board quickly, I see no reason to choose Hulk's green when Punisher is open.
  • I use Hulk green about NEVER. What is probably an overlook on my part too. icon_e_smile.gif
    It should depend on your estimate of the remaining turns really. Hulk better fits a finisher move or when you must seriously shake the board. Punisher when you want most of it intact and strikes for the following volley of other abilities starting with 2 molotovs icon_e_wink.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    agreed. Hulk's green is sort of that heavy level nuke you only use when there are no other options. I would rather use Hulk's Smash if it didnt' AoE for 600+. Now, if you have a fair number of strike tiles out though, odds are that if you cast Judgement again you may end up with a net gain of 0, has happened to me. If I have 4-6 Strike tiles out I will hang on to Judgement, in that situation casting a Thunderous clap is probably not a bad idea.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yet with Thunderous Clap you expose yourself to even bigger risk of losing your strike tiles, as it covers more ground. I generally tend to hog my green if the board is spammed with my own strike tiles, as this usually leads to the opposing team dying really quickly.
  • codhimself wrote:
    Getting an early Judgement down is usually my top priority when playing with Punisher. Hulk's green is underrated but there is seldom reason to use it when paired with Punisher, except as a finisher on the last turn or two.

It depends on your third to a point. Hulk's green can create serious cascades, which might give you the ap for another power you need (spidey stun lock, mags purple, etc) in order to win. Since I always use patch, I never use punisher's green, as it's random destruction is off putting and 6 strike tiles from a lvl 141 patch settle any argument.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    agreed. Hulk's green is sort of that heavy level nuke you only use when there are no other options. I would rather use Hulk's Smash if it didnt' AoE for 600+. Now, if you have a fair number of strike tiles out though, odds are that if you cast Judgement again you may end up with a net gain of 0, has happened to me. If I have 4-6 Strike tiles out I will hang on to Judgement, in that situation casting a Thunderous clap is probably not a bad idea.

My experience is that 2nd judgement takes out 0 tiles big majority of cases and 1 in the rare rest. Really, I think judgement tile getting cascaded itself immediately is more frequent than taking out a sitting one of a triplet.

If there is already 6 I also keep it back until some die naturally. With 4 it's okay to shoot.

A fully evolved clap takes out quite many tiles and good cascading follows, anything can happen and chances to lose some of your good stuff is pretty high.
  • I run Punisher Hulk Cmags as my a team. I always race for the green tiles, and pick up blue red and purple as they appear. Why do I want the green so badly? Judgment. You want it early and often. Thunderous Clap, as others have said, has it's uses, but Judgment is better about 90% of the time.