Yet another hoarding doubt on the new system

Projectus2501
Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
So I only have 2 champed 4*s but I was hoarding to pull the lattest 5*s. Currently I have around 200 pulls saved. 
But, with this new system I dunno if it is still worth to hoard. I mean, 300 pulls were still months away and now I will need maybe 500 right? 
So the question is should I, a fresh 4* player keep hoarding for LL pulls or should I open classics and reinforce my 4 and 5* rooster?
Ps: iso is not a problem. I have more than 5 million atm

Thank you

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I saw an estimate that 400 pulls gives you a decent chance to cover all Three Latest fivestars with the new system. Not sure how accurate that is though. If it is true, you are halfway there already.

Really though, you should aim to champ the fourstars Before going to the fivestar tier. 5 million ISO may seem like a lot, but it only lets you champ around a dozen fourstars - you will need 25 million ISO to champ all the ones currently in the game. Champing them all means you get more champion rewards when you do decide to chase the fivestars.

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I think you need to pick a course of action and stick to it. I would be inclined to keep hoarding to the new sweet spot (closer to 400 than 500 but still...). Reinforcing your 4* roster will open up a lot more possibilities in terms of gameplay but dilution is so bad that 200 pulls won’t go that far in terms of covering the available 4*s. That leaves you either starting to hoard again to be able to transition to 5* land or going through the long, unpredictable, RNG-dependent journey that champing a stable of 4*s will bring. 

no good answers I suspect. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    So I only have 2 champed 4*s but I was hoarding to pull the lattest 5*s. Currently I have around 200 pulls saved. 
    But, with this new system I dunno if it is still worth to hoard. I mean, 300 pulls were still months away and now I will need maybe 500 right? 
    So the question is should I, a fresh 4* player keep hoarding for LL pulls or should I open classics and reinforce my 4 and 5* rooster?

Thank you
    Now is probably a good time to pull while they are still doing 5* cover swaps (offered until the 27th)
    And JJ and okoye are pretty awesome 
    And 300 pulls is just a round figure based on precentages,  it has never taken me 300 pulls to cover all the latest. That being said it is not impossible for it to take more than 300 pulls either
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I don't believe there's any clear cut 'right' answer here even for someone who wants to play optimally.

If you're set on getting into 5* land for easier PvP's and given your long term ISO and LT saving I assume you are...I would recommend you keep on doing what your doing. 

Don't concern yourself with how many you need until we have a trio that people have confirmed are worth chasing after.  You've put many many months into this and it would be a waste to just pull the trigger when the batch of latests aren't great.

Since you have practically no 4* champ rewards to count on then I'd save up 400 LT's minimum just to play it safe.

I've heard that some people believe the best way to play is to just naturally champion everything and move up.  It would take a very very long time but the transition would come far more naturally when the time comes.   In this case you'd just focus on classics and hoard LT's similar to what Broll posted above.  

Can you keep your sanity shooting for 5* tier knowing you are only roughly half way their and may have to wait several months on top of that for an ideal trio to come out?  

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Keep on hoarding.  You’re doing the right thing, and once you have enough pulls to get your 5’s champed reliably then you’ll be able to hit 1200 and it will pay for itself.  Stay the course.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you only have 2 champed 4s.. you shouldn't be hoarding. The waste on your hoard pull will be ASTRONOMICAL. Ideally you have all 4s champed when pulling a hoard (this represents a minimum of 20% extra pulls btw from all the champ rewards), but having over 75% is strongly advised.
    Start pulling. And pull Classics. You need to get those 4s done. And who knows, maybe you're lucky and get the Classic 5s that really matter (Thor, Thanos) a long way.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    That actually might be no longer true depending on the status of his other four stars. I think now that dilution is back, you need way more than 400 pulls to fully cover four stars. Now of course that is assuming equal distribution which we know won’t happen, but he does have 5 million Iso which will cover a dozen or so that make it across the finish line. 

I’d be curious at what his waste will actually be. 

Also so curious why he’d want to skip the best tier in the game to play at entirely. 
  • Projectus2501
    So I read a lot of posts here, in line, in Reddit and I am fully convinced that hoarding is now only viable for players on the highest tier of the game, meaning players that already champed almost all 4*s. So, I am going to follow the "natural" path and open a lot of classics. This will make me a lot stronger in the game right now and not only in mb 6 or more months of horading. 
    Thank you everyone for your contributions
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018

Thank you
    @Projectus2501

Im in a very similar spot you are (Four 4* Champs, 4 million ISO, but my hoard is only at 70 pulls). My plan all along was to pull Classics, not Latest. New developments have only reinforced that approach for me. 
    Im not saying this is correct, just my approach. I'm in no hurry to reach 5* land, maybe you are. I'm not concerned about dilution, but I very much acknowledge it is real. My desire is to build a diverse and balanced roster, not necessarily to only chase the best, shiny new characters, maybe you are. 
    Like others have said in this thread, the right answer is that there is no right answer. Ponder you goals, pick the approach that you think gets you there, and enjoy the ride. No regrets. 
    I appreciate your concerns about the "best way" to pop your hard-earned hoard. That's tough. Something I guarantee I will have some turmoil over, too (it's my very first hoard). My turmoil, however, will be more based on "when" rather than "how". Right, wrong, or otherwise, I've already decided "how".
    Good Luck. Keep us posted, I'd love to see how it works out for you. 
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    At least don’t open latest tokens.  Spend cp on classics but keep the tokens.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yea, I think cover saving is great for new 4* players. I was thinking about how many covers I had sold, and its rarely more than 5 per character. The iso crunch lost covers would still have been lost, but 5 covers is a decent buffer.
    But if you are trying to fasttrack to get usable 5*s, hoarding is still the way to do it. I would still recommend against skipping the 4* tier, but 200 pulls is a decent start that would be hard to change course.
  • Projectus2501
    At least don’t open latest tokens.  Spend cp on classics but keep the tokens.
    Will do.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor

Thank you

Originally under the 'good customer service model' of latest legend cover switches, it was 273 pulls to guarantee at least one five star champion covered, because you only needed 13 covers for a champ and you should get 39 covers at 1:7 odds with 273 pulls. You also had about an 80% chance to cover two five star characters in this scenario.    Under the new 'bad customer service model', you are looking at aiming for 18 covers versus 13 covers, because the automatic diminishing value of a cover from being equal to 1, to being equal to 1/5th it's value after you have 5 of them.   5/2/5 modeling is all too frequent and there is a reason why customer service was swamped with request for latest legendary exchanges.   So since your target is 18 covers per character, you want to pull 54 five star covers (18 x3 =54).  So based on the 1:7 odds that is (7 x 54) for a total of 378 pulls.  Also of note this only gets you about a 95+% instead of 99+% chance.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    This basic question of whether or not to hoard will become my own dilemma when I move onto the 4* tier.  I think I will pull Classics as long as I'm cover hungry and not ISO hungry.  It certainly will be easier to gain LL pulls with some champed 4*s to fight with. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, hoard the tokens. Maybe open a few to get a cover for the new fivestars so you can do the fivestar essential node in PvE.