Enemy not using stun with SS in front [Investigating]

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
Unsure if the AI is designed to never try and stun SilverSurfer and just hold onto AP until another goes in front. I've had matches against Daredevil and I brang SS to block his stuns but he got up to 30 purple AP and refused to use it. 

Just looking to see if this is a bug or by design

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Was Gambit also on the opposing team? Sometimes the AI's algorithm will pick someone else's purple or red power as the one it wants to use, even tho Gambit is blocking them from firing, so they just don't use that AP until one of the two gets downed.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Did you have any special tiles on the board?  If not, it might be impossible for Daredevil to fire his purple, as it would have no effect.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Daredevil was the only character left on the enemy team. 

I had no special tiles on the board but once I swapped from SS in front to Hawkeye daredevil used his stun and made a cascade that almost killed him. 

Randomly the AI will use stuns on SS but when they refuse to it can be very annoying as I am taking SS for that reason only. Otherwise I would take Thor or Gambit.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hmm good question! I'll pass that along to the team for review.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Possibly if there are no special tiles, and the targeted character is not stunnable, the AI treats that as a "no valid targets" situation and does nothing?.

Guessing it's related to the thing where random stuns don't attempt to stun SS.