New Support: Hulkling (6/19/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Love knows no bounds, so wherever Wiccan goes, you can be sure that his partner Hulkling isn't too far away to support him.

Check out the brand new Hulkling Support in Marvel Puzzle Quest!

General

• Hulkling (Young Avengers) will be visible in the Support screen today at 7:00 AM EDT, Tuesday June 19th
  • New vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM EDT today (See Below). 
  • All special offers last for two days.

Supports: Hulkling Store

• Has all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:
    • Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)
    • The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)
    • Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)
    • Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)
    • Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)
    • Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)
    • Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)
    • Hulkling (Young Avengers)
  • Hulkling is available at 4x odds
  • Has Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs
  • The odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27
  • Only visible if you have a token for it.

Hulkling Vault

A 120 item vault:
  • One Hulkling: Master token
  • Five Hulkling: Advanced token
  • Nine Hulkling: Beginner token
  • One random 4-Star
  • Fourteen random 3-Stars
  • One 300 Red Iso-8 items
  • Three 200 Red Iso-8 items
  • Three 150 Red Iso-8 items
  • Two 50 Red Iso-8 items
  • Three 25 Red Iso-8
  • Two 5,000 Iso-8 items
  • Five 1,500 Iso-8 items
  • Eight 1,000 Iso-8 items
  • Sixty-Three random 2-Stars

Kate Bishop Heroes for Hire Offer

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 4,800 Hero Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 1,500 Red Iso-8
    • Two Hulkling: Advanced token
    • Three Hulkling: Beginner token
    • Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)  Blue Cover

America Chavez Heroes for Hire Offer

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 250 Command Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 5,000 Red Iso-8
    • Hulkling: Master token
    • Hulkling: Advanced token
    • America Chavez (Young Avengers) Red Cover

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    The Rank 5 perk makes me feel as if more Young Avengers are on the way, and in the form of actual playable characters. So yeah. I suppose there's that.  :|
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    The Rank 5 perk makes me feel as if more Young Avengers are on the way, and in the form of actual playable characters. So yeah. I suppose there's that.  :|
    They are already here as playable characters. We already have Kate Bishop, America Chavez, and Wiccan. They are all Young Avengers.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I  heard that a lot of players don't like 7 day story events. I personally like 7 day story events.

The odds of getting Hulkling is 1+3/(26+3)= 4/29 = 13.8% It's slightly lesser than the rate of pulling 5*.  It seems like they have stabilized the offerings for support now.  There's no change(except token and character cover) in the content of the vault and H4H offers. 

I like the healing perks. Is it going to be true heal or temporary heal?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 120 item vault, 4800HP bundle, and 250CP bundles are boring at this point. They would be nicer if we got a couple supports at once, but doing them one at a time with a bundle each time is a little ridiculous.

Bummer Hulkling is limited to being a support, rad that he's in and works well with Wiccan, with a bonus of working well on a Kate/America/Wiccan team.

In general I'd like to see more broad supports, rather than specific ones. Like, the point is supposed to be allowing you to micromanage your characters with supports, but we keep getting supports that heavily implore you to pick a single character. This one kinda works because of Wiccan/Hulkling, but I'd rather see perks like the one that works with Young Avengers as the bonus perk, so there's some cool utility using themed teams. Like, a Danger Room or Cerebro support that works with the X-Men would be infinitely cooler than one that only works with Professor X, you know?

As a side note, we need something like Heroics back, because these supports built for 4* characters are not very exciting when you're using 5* characters all day every day. I realized that even if I got Hulkling and the Red-ISO to use him, I still probably wouldn't. And I want to. Because I'm one of those people that really likes Supports and wants them to succeed.

And for that matter, we need some guaranteed support tokens (even one beginner token each PVE, even if it's the last reward before the 25CP at the end, and maybe one in the season too, even if it takes 8k points before you earn it). It still feels like we're in demo mode for Supports. I don't expect people to max them immediately, but they've got to be able to acquire them often enough to be able to max them eventually.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    More supports hidden behind a paywall! Just what I was hoping would be announced today. Totally wasn't hoping to hear about a new 5* feeder (we're overdue one at this point) or a sneak peak at upcoming character rebalances or anything. Nope, I was hoping to hear about new paywall supports!

And of course this announcement means we won't hear about anything else for a while either since d3 seems to be incapable of multi-tasking. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Supports need to be pvp enables ASAP for people to feel like they "matter"

The longer you wait the more people are going to feel like they missed out by not chasing "good covers"
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I look forward to continuing to pull duplicate Supports instead of the 20+ Supports I still do not have. How long are we going to be presented with tokens in a Vault and HfH deals before you finally roll them out in rewards for PVP/PVE? The game has been very boring, repetitive and Supports is far from the answer to keep our attention.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Supports need to be pvp enables ASAP for people to feel like they "matter"

The longer you wait the more people are going to feel like they missed out by not chasing "good covers"
    the forum poll a while suggest people don't want them to be in pvp.  I think a lot more people are going to be mad that they have pvp power gated behind RNG
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey!  Another awful support! It's Christmas cone early
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    He looks good, and many of the supports are desirable, but looking at supports is like looking at any luxury item 99.99% of us will never attain.

If there are a few rich players out there willing to sink enough disposable income into getting a specific support to a usable level, versus say spend that money on a new top of the line computer or an exotic vacation, then I hope they are having fun!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    They are already here as playable characters. We already have Kate Bishop, America Chavez, and Wiccan. They are all Young Avengers.
    Bolded for emphasis. 
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    My opinion on Supports:  "                                                       "

(Mama always said, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all...)