Who to Champ

InfinityTh4nos
InfinityTh4nos Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
I'm currently just over half way finished champing my 3* roster. I already have America Chavez and Vulture champed and at lvl 271. I'm mainly a PVE player (SCL7) and rely on both of my champed 4*'s heavily. 

I am at a point where I'm getting tons of 3* covers, but I have a few 4*s fully covered and know that I'm going to make the transition very soon. I'm currently sitting on 2 covers for my 4/4/5 Carnage, and with my 4/2/3 Medusa getting close, I would like to think I could rely on them to help in PVE and maybe even PVP moving forward.

I also have Nico Minoru fully covered, would she be a good 3rd choice to partner with Cardusa?

Any advise is appreciated. 

Covers I'm currently sitting on:

2x Carnage - fully covered
6X 3*groot - fully covered
2x Hood - fully covered
1x Ragnarok - fully covered
1x Daken - fully covered

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are more of a PvE player just champ your 4-stars as they come, they can only help you. To avoid wasting covers through vine loss, prioritize your 4-stars over your 3-stars as they are, of course, harder to come by.

Just make sure you don't entirely abandon your threes. You want to champ each and every one of them, eventually.

Of the characters you listed I would prioritize them thusly:
    1) Carnage
    2) Daken
    3) R&G
    4) Hood
    5) Ragnarok

As to your question about who would go well with Cardusa... you already have him champed. Vulture actually makes an amazing third on that team because Medusa will be generating lots of green and blue, causing the winged-one to be swimming in AP when coupled with his black.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    If you are more of a PvE player just champ your 4-stars as they come, they can only help you. To avoid wasting covers through vine loss, prioritize your 4-stars over your 3-stars as they are, of course, harder to come by.

Just make sure you don't entirely abandon your threes. You want to champ each and every one of them, eventually.

Of the characters you listed I would prioritize them thusly:
    1) Carnage
    2) Daken
    3) R&G
    4) Hood
    5) Ragnarok

As to your question about who would go well with Cardusa... you already have him champed. Vulture actually makes an amazing third on that team because Medusa will be generating lots of green and blue, causing the winged-one to be swimming in AP when coupled with his black.
    Also sending Vulture airbourne means he wont take damage from Carnage's created enemy attack tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you farming 2*s? If you are, I'd suggest you prioritize Dak3n and Ragnarok over r&G/Hood because you'll keep getting covers for them off of your farm. 

As for Car/dusa, I like running Lockjaw with them (mostly because I am trying really hard to justify champing him lol), though Vulture as previously mentioned is a good choice. You can run him at 5/4/4, which kind of makes him a bit of a middling damage dealer but still maximizes how many enemy specials he clears out on blue. Maybe since Carnage has a green you could do 5/3/5 and just get the big damage from that instead. 

I've run Nico with this team before, you just need to watch out with her that you don't keep her out front if you can help it. Medusa will keep your health up overall, and one cool thing about Nico's true heal is that the "real" hit points will fill in behind the burst health. Also if you go up against a tile thieving team, it can be troublesome to have attacks boosted through the roof get stolen out from under you.

Not sure what your Kraven looks like, but he also would be a strong addition to that team. I managed to get mine to 5/4/3 before the odds went flat, and I haven't sunk any iso into him, but even so he cuts the self-harm from Carnage's attacks way down, real fast. I've crashed and burned on a team with him champed in sim a few times.

Mr. Fantastic goes well on that team, because he gives back TONS of burst health when the enemy matches a friendly special.

3* Dr Octopus goes really will on that team because he likes when you match enemy specials; similarly 3* Hawkeye will build AP if you match enemy specials like Medusa does.
  • InfinityTh4nos
    InfinityTh4nos Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Thank you all. Getting really close to champing Carnage. Yes I do generally have a 2* farm, however I've been holding off since I just recently champed America Chavez and now the remainder of my iso will go into Carnage. Once he's done in a few days it will be business as usual with my 2* farm.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    my 2* farm is in similar shape after champing several 4*s myself right when the pvp season started; I'm down to just 6 champs including Bagman, with 8 waiting on covers/iso to re-champ. Not a super inspiring place to be when my vine is swimming in 3* covers that need iso, and I have 4 more 4*s waiting on iso, but I know this game works better when you keep your resource engine stoked so building that base back up first is probably the smart play