Soul Season 4*->5* feeder

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker

So the last couple (6?) of seasons, there has been a 4* changed so that it feeds a 5*.

That hasn't happened so far, and the season's almost over.  Will one be happening next week?

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It feels like they're busy making new features that don't help rather than do some housekeeping to keep the game feeling rewarding.

I wouldn't hold your breath until at least the next season.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I propose that all new 5* characters be debuted with a 4* feeder.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    We did miss one for the first time since they started. That's a bummer.

But we did just get a feature that would encourage them to add more feeders, more often. The biggest reason to go slow was to limit potential wasted covers, and now covers that would be wasted due to a poor build are negligible. (there's still the downside of potential wasted covers from not having ISO, but that's part of playing a free-to-play game, so whatever).

They'll probably not announce such because of how tightly they play things close to the chest, but if we're lucky we may see more in upcoming seasons.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is purely speculation, but I think we might see such a change for Jubilee next week with her being the placement reward on the next Story event and reward covers coming after the Saved Covers change is live.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    This is purely speculation, but I think we might see such a change for Jubilee next week with her being the placement reward on the next Story event and reward covers coming after the Saved Covers change is live.

She could be made a feeder for Gambit. I was expecting a Gambit feeder long ago since Peter Parker and Daredevil got feeders almost immediately after leaving Latest, but it didn't happen.
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

Feeder for gambit and then announce a character rebalance for him. Make it happen.
  • Quebbster
    Treras said:

Feeder for gambit and then announce a character rebalance for him. Make it happen.

Feeder this week, rebalance next week. No Point announcing a feeder if it doesn't make people chase it. :)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am assuming they delayed a feeder announcement until cover saving goes live
  • Quebbster
    fmftint said:
    Cover saving goes live in one week, new covers won't have time to expire Before then.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    fmftint said:
    Cover saving goes live in one week, new covers won't have time to expire Before then.
    Cover saving goes live TODAY
  • Quebbster
    fmftint said:
    Quebbster said:
    fmftint said:
    Cover saving goes live TODAY

Maybe I got the date confused with my vacation... that starts next week...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    They have almost always used the same timing and window for launching the feeders, at least for the last few. It has been announced the Monday after the season started, taking effect on the following Wednesday.   It also has been the reward
    for the PVE that is running at that time who became the feeder.  That was two weeks ago and that reward was Lockjaw.  A dev commented on Discord that they didn’t want to make a double feeder (LJ to Bolt), and there was no further indication about whether that meant no feeder for the season, a delayed feeder, or anything else. 

We also got BP feeding BP earlier than expected, so maybe that was “on credit” and we are paying for it this month/season.

But, it sure would be nice for some OFFICIAL COMMENT.

Edit:  the predicted 4 reward for HaT was Kraven,  but it is Jubilee.  That suggests they are saving him for a reward so he can be a feeder, since they rarely change the order. It also suggests Jubilee won’t feed anyone for a long while (think years).
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who would Kraven feed? 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Who would Kraven feed? 
    Black suit spidey obviously. Or maybe doc ock.
  • Quebbster
    edited June 2018
    bluewolf said:
    They have almost always used the same timing and window for launching the feeders, at least for the last few. It has been announced the Monday after the season started, taking effect on the following Wednesday.   It also has been the reward
    for the PVE that is running at that time who became the feeder.  That was two weeks ago and that reward was Lockjaw.  A dev commented on Discord that they didn’t want to make a double feeder (LJ to Bolt), and there was no further indication about whether that meant no feeder for the season, a delayed feeder, or anything else. 

We also got BP feeding BP earlier than expected, so maybe that was “on credit” and we are paying for it this month/season.

But, it sure would be nice for some OFFICIAL COMMENT.

Edit:  the predicted 4 reward for HaT was Kraven,  but it is Jubilee.  That suggests they are saving him for a reward so he can be a feeder, since they rarely change the order. It also suggests Jubilee won’t feed anyone for a long while (think years).

...or it suggests Jubilee is in fact the next feeder. Guess we will see in due time who the next feeder is (no one is a possible option, though an unlikely one).

It's also quite possible they delayed the feeder because they wanted dilution to hit before making a recent character a feeder. If it's harder to get Jubilee/Kraven/other recent fourstar from tokens they won't have to give out as many fivestar covers.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    In general, 4’s have been skipped in the order to reserve for later feeders vs moving up a different one.  Well, somewhat presumably.  Ghost Rider was skipped, along with Prof X.  Ghost Rider obviously will feed GRRR.  Kraven is, as pointed out, a very appropriate choice for BSSM.
  • Quebbster
    bluewolf said:
    In general, 4’s have been skipped in the order to reserve for later feeders vs moving up a different one.  Well, somewhat presumably.  Ghost Rider was skipped, along with Prof X.  Ghost Rider obviously will feed GRRR.  Kraven is, as pointed out, a very appropriate choice for BSSM.

And in general we'd get a new feeder at the start of the season, so I am not putting too much faith in the patterns.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, the feeder announcement tends to come around the 10th, regardless of when it is in the season.  BP was "extra."  They either missed June 10th, or else it was delayed due to the implementation of the features.  I'm hoping it was delayed.
  • Quebbster
    GrimSkald said:
    Actually, the feeder announcement tends to come around the 10th, regardless of when it is in the season.  BP was "extra."  They either missed June 10th, or else it was delayed due to the implementation of the features.  I'm hoping it was delayed.

You made me curious, time to dive into the archives and see what the dates were!

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68963/updates-to-4-star-champion-rewards-11-17-17

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69549/update-to-sandmans-champion-rewards-12-18-17

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70028/update-to-kingpins-champion-rewards-1-16-18

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70506/update-to-kate-bishops-champion-rewards-2-13-18

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71241/update-to-draxs-champion-rewards-3-12-18

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71917/update-to-wolverine-x-force-champion-rewards-4-10-18

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72231/update-to-black-panther-king-of-wakanda-s-champion-rewards-4-23-18

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72585/peggy-carter-in-comics-celebration-updated-5-10-18

Let's just ignore the initial announcement (that had Three updates at once) and the Black Panther one. Sandman got updated on December 20th, the first week of the Soul Gem Season. Kingpin got update on January 17th, four weeks later, the first week of the Mind Gem season. Kate Bishop got updated on February 14th, four weeks later, first week of the Space Gem season. Drax got updated on March 14th, four weeks later, first week of the Power Gem season. X-force Wolverine was updated on April 11th, four weeks later, first week of the Time Stone season (the first one to have a Stone name as opposed to Gem by the way). And then Peggy Carter on May 9th, four weeks later, first week of the Reality Stone season.

It's a four week Schedule that happens to coincide nicely with the seasons. The date is pretty irrelevant, if they stick to the four week pattern there should be 13 updates in a calendar year. But of course, we should already have had a feeder around June 6th.

Predictions for future dates under the four week model: July 4th, August 1st, August 29th, September 27th, October 24th, November 21st and December 19th.

TL;DR - don't get too hung up to the date just because the four week pattern matches up pretty well with the calendar month. :)

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I figured one of the symbioties would feed Black Suit. 

Also, as much as I would love Gambit to be a feeder then get nerfed it won’t happen that way. I would roster all my feeder tokens separately and then sell them each for No More Cards tokens (or whatever they decide to call them). They don’t want us doing that. So expect nerf... long wait... Rogue feeder. Sadly.