Fearless Defenders Discussion Thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• morgh wrote:
    Playing for 45 days and have a single cover of Patch and everyone seems to just love him... makes me so sad ;<

Need to tank a lot whenever LRs hit too... starting to see too many teams with Punisher and Spiderman instead of oBW and friends ;S

It's quite normal. When he was introduced I got 11 covers (could have more but I rage-quit over the **** going on ). Never seen a single cover ever since. Maybe next hero LRs bring me one.

Btw you can tank right in ongoing tournament, losing just fraction points before going high. Or in shield training.
  • Clint wrote:
    I really enjoyed Punisher/Patch/Spidey, fun team to run with.

I used this team as well and yeah, Patch green->Punisher black->Spideylock made for a good time.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    I did 2nd on my bracket with 762 points. I was on rank 1 for the last 2 hours or so until "walala" unshielded himself and climbed the ranks fast, well played, you deserved it, you were all the event on the top 10 or so and have a strong roster.

The only thing I don't like of being a rank 2 is that now I have some lvl 100+ matchups appearing, I need to tank on LR icon_razz.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    morgh wrote:
    Playing for 45 days and have a single cover of Patch and everyone seems to just love him... makes me so sad ;<

Need to tank a lot whenever LRs hit too... starting to see too many teams with Punisher and Spiderman instead of oBW and friends ;S

on 2nd thought... have 0 ISO anyway so...

he is a lot of fun once you max him out. I have a max level punisher, so it took a bit past 100 before I found Patch valuable.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Clint wrote:
    I really enjoyed Punisher/Patch/Spidey, fun team to run with.

I used this team as well and yeah, Patch green->Punisher black->Spideylock made for a good time.

On the BP tournament, I went Patch Green, BP Black... then that was it, I did not have to do anything else.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see any teams without Spidey, OBW, or both. Actually saw one team with Spidey, OBW, and Classic Storm and was trying to figure out how that team composition would work.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    I didn't see any teams without Spidey, OBW, or both. Actually saw one team with Spidey, OBW, and Classic Storm and was trying to figure out how that team composition would work.

ugh, yeah that has to be a slog on offense with storm being the only damage dealer
  • mags1587 wrote:

You're right there, I probably should have asked about that set really, now my recollection is better too. I did in fact fought some teams with Spidey in place of OBW (not very big ones but deep in blue), and skipped a few too. Though it was minority in the mmr ring.
  • mags1587 wrote:

ugh, yeah that has to be a slog on offense with storm being the only damage dealer

I'd guess it was an idea of "defensive team" put in for resting, not the push team.

Actually I saw a plenty of mstorm/OBW teams and in forest skipped a plenty too. Sure I can beat them with just slight chance of accident but they can beat me back too. Such teams did actually retalliate on me in hitech. for a few rounds, guess it was still a hassle to bash Punisher/LazyHulk that's getting old on 2nd run and only gain them a 3rd chance in 2 minutes.
  • Just wondering, but does anyone know how long is a normal wait time for D3 to respond to ticket messages? I finished #1 in my bracket & never won the 3k iso & curious when I might hear back about it.
  • WesFaram wrote:
    Just wondering, but does anyone know how long is a normal wait time for D3 to respond to ticket messages? I finished #1 in my bracket & never won the 3k iso & curious when I might hear back about it.
    It was a general bug, plenty of people complained about it. I think they'll fix it eventually.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

I'd guess it was an idea of "defensive team" put in for resting, not the push team.

Actually I saw a plenty of mstorm/OBW teams and in forest skipped a plenty too. Sure I can beat them with just slight chance of accident but they can beat me back too. Such teams did actually retalliate on me in hitech. for a few rounds, guess it was still a hassle to bash Punisher/LazyHulk that's getting old on 2nd run and only gain them a 3rd chance in 2 minutes.

The location your retaliation is does not necessarily match where the battle was fought at. It's especially evident in Divine Champion when you see you got retaliated in a location that requires say, Loki, but the team obviously does not have Loki.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I just received the 3000 ISO I was missing from this event. Thank you and Hooray!
  • I just received the 3000 ISO I was missing from this event. Thank you and Hooray!

Same here, and response from support apologizing for the delay.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I didn't, even after sending in screenshots from my final leaderboard standings.
    Great :S
  • So much for giving it to all the people who should have received it automatically as it would have been super easy to automate, still not going to file a ticket.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't expect it, but got a reply from CS.
    They did manage to locate my win in their files and sent me my ISO this morning.

So all is well that ends well, I guess. Good job.