Antman vs. Teen Jean

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Ant man, extra yellow and purple damage just for kicks. Two Ants Ants Ants later she's down. Was blessed with no match 5's thank god. LT was green cover for my 4/5/2 Shuri. Oh well.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Ant-Man. I buffed Yellow/Purple/Blue/All AP because I rarely use buffs and was sitting at max 30 on all those. Figured Ant-Man might need some help. I was right, because of course the board was green and purple dominant. I decided to deny purple and let Jean have the green - that's expensive for her. I (un)lucked into a cascade twice, both of them dropping into a match-5, dagnabbit! I managed to win with about 1k health left.

Token to the hoard.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    This was a hard match for my 2/3/2 level 147 Ant-Man. After using nearly all of my buffs, 8 health packs and even more swear words I finally did it. The losses were very bitter. One time the AI offered me a match-5 in three consecutive turns! Happens only against Teen Jean! My victorious match began with a board with few green or purple. Denied these colours and wore Jean down in a very long match. 
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Champed level 279 Scott did it without any trouble. Went after yellow first, mostly because that colour was well represented on the board. Fired Ants Ants Ants in the fourth turn, which all resolved and gave out some strikes.
    In the meantime I collected some purple and fired Pym Particles. Few turns later it was all over for Jean.
    Managed to win this Crash two cycles ago with an under-covered and under-leveled Ant-Man, so this was a cakewalk. 
    Token to the mini-LT hoard. 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I **** hate this Crash.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Ant-Man at LVL 278, but still barely got through it my first try.  Jean got a green off pretty early, matched my purple Pym Particles trap maker as soon as I cast it thanks to a wondrous series of cascades, and also got a purple off.  With about 700 health left, I finally took her down.  Token gave me a champ level for War Machine.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    First go with my 2/2/3 lvl 147 Antman, but it was very very close. Was careful to avoid match 5's, and denied purple and green where possible.

Holding token for now as I've got no iso
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try for my 274 5/3/5 Ant Man, though it was a bit closer than I expected. Shockingly I managed to avoid any match-5's. Jean seemed to be super-hungry for blue (oddly enough just like my last crash with Flaptain), so I was able to scoop up green and purple and deny her nasty tricks. (She did get one green off, but it was too little, too late.)

My token earned me a yellow Okoye, bringing her up to a mighty 1/2/0.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lots of Purple and yellow on board, no problem.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    2/3/5 lvl 188 Ant Man was in a slugfest. I tried to deny purple but she fired that off once; I succeeded in denying green though. I was able to fire pym particles once and got a decent amount of attack tiles before she matched that away and was able to send in the ants a few times too. I had about 800 health left when she went down.

Btw, of course there was a match-5 waiting for me when the board spawned. I know this game is really supposed to be random but it always seems like coincidentally there are more match-5s when Teen Jean is around. 

Token to the stack.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    275 champ, second try. First time I couldn’t stop all the purple and green matches. Second time pretty straightforward.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    gmtosca said:
    I tinykitty hate this Crash.
    Yup, me too. I think I'm up to 4 days in a row straight losses. I might have to level up my Ant-man higher than his current 160 to do it even though I think I won last time at that level.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4/5, level 200 or 209 or something.. I boosted +2 B/P and I think +2 All to be safe, and did pull it out on the first try.