Taking out Apocalypse

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure that he can reduce damage. It's one of the horseman tiles.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I'm sure that he can reduce damage. It's one of the horseman tiles.
    Yeah, I found it, the damage horseman reduces enemy attacks by 33%.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    TL;DR; I use Bl4de, Vulture and 5* Gambit. The last two are good at killing A:s tiles. Bl4de is fed by both of them and does his thing.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
       Since neither Jean nor C4ke covers ever come to me reliably, I have to resort to my B team which I finally have gotten to work pretty well in round 8.  Patch 3/5/5, Vulture 5/3/5 and C3ge 5/3/5.  C3ge is mostly there to help take away some of the damage, to keep Patch's health up.  Try your best to deny red first then go for black, and blue when Vulture is airborne.  Once Vulture gets enough blue go airborne to get rid of the attack tiles. On his next round fire Patch's green and then send Vulture airborne again to get rid of Patch's strike tiles, if he has enough blue.  Keep rinsing and repeating: fire green then go airborne until all of the horseman tiles are gone.  Then you can either continue doing above until he's downed or you might be able to spam green, use C3ge's yellow and fire Patch's red, when Vulture is airborne to give maximum damage, to take him down.  I lost C3ge once but he's usually not needed after the first attack tiles are gone.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 - 5* Daredevil (with only 1cover, Pink) is my tank. Pink helps a little to wipe out fists, but his biggest role on this team is to shift my "highest color" to a completely worthless Yellow.
    I love this.

My team of Cyclops/Jean/Switch has purple as the dominant color and it's a pain in the tinykitty to lose purple AP every turn. Sometimes it's not an issue, but sometimes it really drags out fights when my entire strategy is to cast Jean's purple as quickly as possible to eliminate all the Horseman in one shot.