Fearless Defenders Discussion Thread

Comments

• It took up to 1.5 hours to get rewards during the simulator right? In theory this Alliance bracket adds a whole another level of complication, we could be waiting a while. Its fine I spent the whole day refreshing the standings annoyed 2nd was 17 points behind me so Ill just put the game down for a bit and play Jugg heroic as required, when they show up they show up.
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    well i lost 96pts in last 5min icon_e_sad.gif , top50

and no alliance reward yet
  • I lost about 100 points in the last 3 minutes to knock me out of top ten.
    I really wish they would only let me get killed by one person at a time icon_cry.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran Patch/Punisher/OBW, which was fine despite Punisher being underlevelled. It netted me a top 50 finish with minimal effort.

I found TBTI to be a much better execute in this kind of PvP (restricted roster, as opposed to buffed hero), especially when I could park OBW in the path of an opposing Spider-Man to give Patch icons on 5 colours. I had about 70/30 split on defensive defeats/victories (but I think that's really about average - if the defensive team is too scary, you'll get skipped and miss out on those sweet sweet defensive victory points), I think I could probably get that up to 60/40 with some more covers + levels on Punisher.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    hehe ran Punisher/Thor/oBW for full rainbow as well, Punisher is only lvl 89 but his black, good HP and Retribution (especially compared to Thor's mediocre red) are too nifty to pass up. This team could fight Clintman's 3x 141 Spidey-Patch-Punisher (I think it was Punisher) successfully (I did lose my Punisher though).
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    hehe ran Punisher/Thor/oBW for full rainbow as well, Punisher is only lvl 89 but his black, good HP and Retribution (especially compared to Thor's mediocre red) are too nifty to pass up. This team could fight Clintman's 3x 141 Spidey-Patch-Punisher (I think it was Punisher) successfully (I did lose my Punisher though).

Yeah I love this combo too! That\s why I'm putting resources into getting Lazy Thor leveled up.
  • Top 10 icon_e_smile.gif

I didnt manage to place in a good position in a while, since i almost quit the game. It's good to be back. Even my casual alliance got a top 200 placement icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Late last night I played a match of Fearless Defenders PVP with my Heroic Juggernaut team. Lvl 80 2* Wolverine, Lvl 65 Cap'n Amurica, and Lvl 50 1* Storm. Hoo doggy. Whoever I gave that 22 points to, you're welcome.
  • Just out of curiosity: anyone saw a team not running OBW? I can't recall.

Or it's just my MMR ring?
  • If you're in a 2* MMR rating you'll probably see a ton of OBW since she's the best 2*.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Yeah, at higher MMRs, OBW is extremely rare.
  • jozier wrote:
    If you're in a 2* MMR rating you'll probably see a ton of OBW since she's the best 2*.

I was running her too, for some reason I kept playing "last" match so used the punisher/hulk/obw team meant more for defense.

Was the upper end more like im40/gsbw?
  • No, nobody uses IM40 and BWGS in PVP at the high end.

It's teams of BP, LT, Punisher, Hulk, Spidey, Patch, etc.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    If you're in a 2* MMR rating you'll probably see a ton of OBW since she's the best 2*.

I was running her too, for some reason I kept playing "last" match so used the punisher/hulk/obw team meant more for defense.

Was the upper end more like im40/gsbw?

I saw alot of Patch/Spidey/x once I got over 750. It's quick and safe. I ran mostly Patch/Spidey/BP, then switched to Patch/Hulk/BP for defense.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2014
    Playing for 45 days and have a single cover of Patch and everyone seems to just love him... makes me so sad ;<

Need to tank a lot whenever LRs hit too... starting to see too many teams with Punisher and Spiderman instead of oBW and friends ;S

on 2nd thought... have 0 ISO anyway so...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    You can tank in SHIELD training with similar results.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    pasa_ wrote:
    Just out of curiosity: anyone saw a team not running OBW? I can't recall.

Or it's just my MMR ring?
    With my L77-85 2* team, my MMR shot through the roof during the last 12ish hours of FD. My matchmaking in all three nodes collapsed to about a dozen total players (with an occasional random thrown in every 10 skips or so), and 3xL100+ teams started comprising the majority, including more than a couple 3xL141s thrown in for good measure. Saw a few Thor/Punisher + OBW + C.Storm/Spidey teams after being attacked by elites for a few hundred points, though.

... so, yes, saw plenty of OBW-less teams. icon_lol.gif

P.S. - Did a lot of Training tanking (burned through 9-12 chars per health refresh cycle). I was terribly depressed that it no longer seemed to work for me, but I might've pushed a bit too hard in the Hulk and Hood events.
  • Ah, really, I didn't switch my mind to BP yet looking only at prize covers. icon_e_smile.gif

I got to 840 fighting mostly 3x85 teams then got offers of 3x141 ones that kept coming on skip, I immediately shielded and went to sleep. icon_e_smile.gif Now I'm little sorry I didn't take a closer look what characters were there icon_e_smile.gif.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    I really enjoyed Punisher/Patch/Spidey, fun team to run with.
  • The teams I saw were mostly Spiderman + 2 other guys (Punisher, Patch, Hulk, and a few more). I think they're mostly 3X141s but that's the guys I've been seeing for a long time anyway.