Latest Legends 5-Star Cover Exchanges *Updated (6/15/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Update: For players that have a Latest Legends 5-Star character maxed out at level 550, we will still be offering cover exchanges from the maxed out Latest Legends character to another Latest Legends character. The same is true for if players have all 3 of their Latest Legends 5-Star characters maxed out, and wish to exchange their extra Latest Legend covers for any other character cover of their choice.

In addition, we would like to offer all players a one-time exception service of breaking down duplicate 5-Star characters into their respective covers. This is not limited to a single character, however you must request all of your character breakdowns at the same time. This offer will have the same deadline as the Latest Legends Cover Exchange (June 27th at 11:59pm PDT)
===========
Hi Everyone,

As some of you forum members may be aware, we’ve been offering a temporary Latest Legends 5-Star Cover Exchange service through Customer Support, as a way to help mitigate the frustration of an unusable cover. With the reveal of the Saved Covers feature though, we wanted to be upfront and clear about this upcoming change: Customer Support will no longer offer cover exchanges, starting June 27th 11:59pm PDT.

Here’s Why:
When you write in to us and are unhappy, we do our very best to try and make you happier whenever we can. We offered Latest Legends 5-Star Cover Exchanges as an initial way to do that, hoping it would be a temporary measure to satisfy players who were unhappy enough about bad draws to write in to us. Word of the practice spread quickly though, and it became much more widely used than we first expected.

Ultimately it created a system that wasn’t part of the game’s design, one that required special knowledge to use, and took place outside of the game. Fast forward to today, and you’ll find that cover exchange requests account for more than 30% of Customer Support’s ticket volume. The sheer number of these requests inadvertently result in increased response time when addressing other tickets, such as account restores, purchase assistance, etc. We didn’t want to remove the service without first improving the experience of getting a 6th cover, but with the introduction of Saved Covers, we feel like it helps accomplish that goal.

Even though Saved Covers will be available starting June 18th, we know that some players may have unusable Latest Legends 5-Star character covers currently in their Pending Rewards. If you find yourself in this situation, then please submit a cover exchange request before 11:59PM PDT on June 27th, and we will honor your Latest Legends character cover exchange. Unfortunately, any requests to Customer Support after this time will not be valid.

Please note that following this announcement, we expect a temporary influx of cover exchange tickets. Due to this, we have made sure to increase our Customer Support staff during that time, in order to support the anticipated increase in these requests.

We sincerely thank you for understanding.

Comments

• AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Ouch ouch ouch...
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Damn. 😢
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Welp...

Its pointless to even get LT now almost unless a character is meta changing strong.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    All this means is hoard. HOARD MORE. Otherwise, were the suckers. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where's my popcorn
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    It’s not ‘pointless’ to go LL because the odds are way better to get the 5* you want, rather than have to fight ALL of the other 5*s.
  • bowla33
    What are the odds of drawing 5 covers for a classic 5? 
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    @Brigby are the swaps that happen to another LL when and if you have an LL character at 550 also ending? 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I'm assuming that this comes with a fix to 4 and especially 5 star dilution...
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Basically hording is now THE way to go and busting open classics is the way you should pull...

Anything else isn't even worth it now, why would any spend 25 cp over the 20 outside of a character being really strong?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Basically hording is now THE way to go and busting open classics is the way you should pull...

Anything else isn't even worth it now, why would any spend 25 cp over the 20 outside of a character being really strong?
    Because on the off chance you actually pull a 5* you could get Banner
    Because I need the latest 5* to compete in PVE
    Because I never had to waste 5* covers (oh wait, not anymore).
  • bowla33
    DarkPhx - because your chances of getting a particular 5 are still much higher. .
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m ok with this. It’s a worthwhile trade for the most part I think. Now my latest 5 seem achievable again. 
  • bowla33
    To cover a group of Latest 5s now would be more than 600 pulls....D3 really knows how to engage its roster base at the upper levels.