New Feature - Saved Covers *Updated (6/19/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Update: 5-Star characters are the strongest characters in the game, but they're also some of the rarest. We've received a lot of positive feedback from players, telling us that Saved Covers has been a lot of help, but we've also heard the feedback on how we can improve the feature. Waiting for 5-Star covers to be saved can mean a long time before they level up, so we want to make this experience a bit better for players.

Following this Wednesday's (6/20) patch update, 5-Star characters will only require 3 saved covers, in order to trade them in for a new level in any of that character's powers. Please note that if you already have 4 or 5 covers saved, prior to this change, the display will look a bit odd afterwards, but your covers will be safe. Once you redeem those covers, then the maximum changes to 3.
==========
Hi Everyone,

Getting a new character cover is supposed to be an exciting occurrence, and most of the time it is! You open up that shiny pack, or compete in a hard-fought event, and earn a brand new cover; growing your roster stronger because of it.

Other times though, you hope to find that last 13th cover to complete a character’s power set, only to discover it’s a power you have 5 covers in already. We understand that can be frustrating, so we want to make that a better experience for players moving forward.

On June 18th in R155, we’re introducing a new feature called Saved Covers.

Saved Covers
allows you to store covers you aren’t able to use, in order to convert them into another power’s level.

Details:

• Available only for 2-Star characters and higher.
  • Covers can be saved on non-Champion characters, who have less than 13 total covers.

• When a character’s power is at max level, further covers of that power in your Reward Cache can be saved.
    • Covers can be saved from the Reward Cache or when viewing the character in the Roster screen

• A maximum of five covers can be saved to a single character. (3 if it's a 5-Star)
  • Once you have saved five (3 if it's a 5-Star) covers on a character, you can trade them for a single power of your choice on the same character.

• Covers that are saved, before a character is Championed, are automatically converted into Champion levels once the character is Championed. This way, no covers are lost if you happen to find that last 13th cover while working to save five covers.
  • If you have a Championed character and another recruited character with five levels in a power, you can add the cover as a Champion level, save the cover for the un-Championed character, or recruit a new character.
    • Selecting the “star” in the right corner of the cover in the Reward Cache screen will give you the option to add the Champion level or recruit the character.
    • Saving the cover can be done when viewing the un-Championed character in your Roster Screen.
  • Saved covers can’t be used to Power Shift powers. (Power Shifting is when you remove one level in a power in order to increase the level in another power.)
We hope that you all enjoy this new feature!

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting! I think I have a Red Hulk cover that will expire just before this feature comes in, unfortunately, but otherwise this seems really good.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    So it is a 5 cover for 1 cover ratio?  Is that correct? @Brigby
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Is this going to replace cover exchange for latest 5* characters or might that still be a service offered? 
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Draw 5 additional unusable covers to convert it to 1.... Man, good thing dilution of classic 5s means that will never freaking happen. 

5/4/0 on Phoenix....so only 15 covers or so for her and maybe I'll manage to cover her with this process. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trade FIVE covers for ONE...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    So it is a 5 cover for 1 cover ratio?  Is that correct? Brigby
    5 saved covers are converted into 1 usable cover. Correct. If you are saving covers, then manage to pull the last cover you need, then those saved covers will each become Champion levels, once you Champion the character.
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Good feature unlike Supports. Took a few years but it's finaly here. AlexNapalm asked a interesting question. I am guessing CS covers swaps will end soon.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Thank you!  Will be most helpful for my roster.  
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Brigby said:
    5 saved covers are converted into 1 usable cover. Correct. If you are saving covers, then manage to pull the last cover you need, then those saved covers will each become Champion levels, once you Champion the character.
    @Brigby so you are saying that ALL cover willl be converted into champ levels once you champ them? 

So my 8/0/7 IM46, I pull 15 more red and yellow covers, those could be converted into blue.  Then once I champ IM46 to 450 he would be 465?  Is that right?  
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Brigby said:
    @Brigby so you are saying that ALL cover willl be converted into champ levels once you champ them? 

So my 8/0/7 IM46, I pull 15 more red and yellow covers, those could be converted into blue.  Then once I change IM46 to 450 he would be 465?  Is that right?  
    You're saying 5/0/5 with 5 extra covers, then another 15, so 20 total. So you'd save the first 5, go 5/1/5, get 5 more, etc etc. You'd end up with a 5/3/5 character and still have 5 covers in the bank. You can't Save covers on a 13 cover character, so not quite.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I see the downside but also see a huge plus. Covers that were previously sold have a chance to be used if the rest of the 13 valid covers are obtained. I don’t have any problems with that. If I can’t get my 13th cover over time, so be it. At least I can get a cover I want instead of a few iso.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    "A maximum of five covers can be saved to a single character."

Just to clarify...does this mean the saved cover feature only works on one character at a time? 

Meaning if I have extra covers I can't use for Wasp, Xavier and Gambit I have to choose just one of those characters and start storing covers for them.   The other two characters cannot use this new feature?

• 8rock_MPQ
    8rock_MPQ Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    So awesome! I don’t suppose the devs have kept track of all the wasted covers and are going to compensate us for them?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Brigby said:

So my 8/0/7 IM46, I pull 15 more red and yellow covers, those could be converted into blue.  Then once I change IM46 to 450 he would be 465?  Is that right?  
    You're saying 5/0/5 with 5 extra covers, then another 15, so 20 total. So you'd save the first 5, go 5/1/5, get 5 more, etc etc. You'd end up with a 5/3/5 character and still have 5 covers in the bank. You can't Save covers on a 13 cover character, so not quite.
    Unless you saved them on the character before you added the 13th cover? Then they stay and do nothing (and can’t be added to) until you champion?
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby will you still. Be doing 1:1 cover swaps on unusable Latest Legends covers once this rolls out? 
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Is this going to replace cover exchange for latest 5* characters or might that still be a service offered? 
    This is a VERY important question that I believe needs answering. 

Edit* nevermind. I see the new thread. LL Exchange ends after the 27th. 😢