Can we stop with the Flashy Matching animations?

bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
Since coming back to the game I've been particularly bothered by the flashy animations for every single match on the board.  4-match, 5-match and Critical have bigger "flashy" animations than regular 3-matches.  During a cascade, the animations are so frequent and bright that it feels like I'm looking into a strobe light.  It makes me want to look away or close my eyes when this happens.  I'm really happy that I have the option to turn off character animations for powers, but I would also like the option to turn off all those flashy matching animations too.

I can't be the only one who's bothered by this....................am I? 

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Lower the brightness on your device. That might help. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pause > Uncheck Character Effects
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    This is different.  Character Effects are for the animations of their powers.  It does nothing for the flashy matching.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    broll said:
    OP is not referring to Character animations, the complaint is about the tile animations when matched. Turning off character animations does not stop the tile animations.

IIRC - someone else posted a few weeks ago about quitting the game because the flashing was giving them migraines ( @animaniactoo ? )

Edit:  OK, it was a few months ago:  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70474/so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish/p1 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    Lower the brightness on your device. That might help. 
    I agree. I play with my phone's brightness down as much as possible. It's moreso to preserve battery life but it could also be a solution to the flashy matches
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    The flashing used to bug me too. I turned the brightness right down low and found that sorted it. 
  • Erunner1201
    Erunner1201 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I turned down the brightness on my phone as far down as possible and it seems to still be really bright.  I think it would be nice if a few of the flashes that are created by match-5s and cascades get reduced so minimize this flashing.