Wiccan, did he bring a new feature

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
In Sheild Training, Wiccan is 14/13.  Hmm....did he bring a new feature?  Will we be able to do this with others?    Maybe run all 15/15?  

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Occam's razor says someone couldn't count to 13.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    And yet he still wasn’t very good. I guess I don’t feel so bad about vaulting / dilution in this case. 
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I think previous AI characters from early Story events would have >13 covers, just to make them tougher.

In this case, I would guess it's to show off Wiccan's powers, particularly his transforming Blue and CD-generating Yellow.

If you'd ever like to see it in-game, set a character to 4/4/5 and set off Black Bolt's yellow.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I like that it says:

Level: 270

Level Cap: 270

Level Max: 275
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you'd ever like to see it in-game, set a character to 4/4/5 and set off Black Bolt's yellow.
    I've done this a couple of times. Mordo, HoboFist, and America are all great with it.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Pairing him against attack tile makers and not giving him a reliable team against it was fun. :l just sit invisible and hope you get ap to kill things was a fun way to show off a new hero who died immidiately
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pairing him against attack tile makers and not giving him a reliable team against it was fun. :l just sit invisible and hope you get ap to kill things was a fun way to show off a new hero who died immidiately
    Pretty much the only reason I won was because of Miles hiding throughout.

I managed to get Demiurge, but he died before I could properly utilise it. Storm managed to get 18 black throughout and that screwed everyone over. Dead board full of nothing particularly useful.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Same problem as the last two posters. I didn’t get a chance to see Wiccans true power. By the time I had 6 AP of every colour, my entire team was close to death. Miles only survived thanks to his invisibility.  

Not a good set up at all. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    I actually lost on my first attempt and thought "Whoa, Wiccan did not impress." But then on my second attempt I got the Demiurge out and watched as he gained considerable board control, followed by Chain Lightning that destroyed column after column until there were almost no enemy special tiles left, or enemies. It was very satisfying.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I started out trying to use the loaner characters so I wouldn't consume health packs. Very slowly wiped four times in a row, and started over with my 5/5/3 Miles champ. It went way better, but only because (like many of you above) Miles just stayed invisible until he had 14 purple.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I think a champed Wiccan with Chavez and Mockingbird will destroy everyone if he can handle the beating for a few hits.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiccan does have reality warping powers, so maybe that explains it.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    Wiccan does have reality warping powers, so maybe that explains it.
    so we got the bad reality?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    I got his chain lightning to fire twice in 2 matches. both times they stopped after the 2nd strike hit the same column just cleared. :(
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I actually lost on my first attempt and thought "Whoa, Wiccan did not impress." But then on my second attempt I got the Demiurge out and watched as he gained considerable board control, followed by Chain Lightning that destroyed column after column until there were almost no enemy special tiles left, or enemies. It was very satisfying.
    I got to try that out with a bunch o' Carnage tiles. It was quite exhilarating.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I got to try that out with a bunch o' Carnage tiles. It was quite exhilarating.
    That happened with me as well!  Nearly cleared the board with 6 columns destroyed!!  Could Wiccan be the new anti-Carnage?????
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I got his chain lightning to fire twice in 2 matches. both times they stopped after the 2nd strike hit the same column just cleared. :(
    For me as well.

Played a close match with the loaners; Rogue protected Wiccan enough that I got Demiurge early, and then he kept narrowly surviving through his healing cds. Between Carnage and Storm, pretty much the whole board was attack tiles. Got Chain Lightning off twice, but both times they only kept hitting the same column though.

He seems fun and I've seen quite a bit of his set, but he refused to really show me the full power of column cascades!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I went through it as well. I needed 3 more colors to get to 6 AP and my team was getting stomped, so I just gave in and used the AP for Rogues yellow and red powers and Miles invisibility. Won the match, but did not get to fully utilize Wiccan's powers.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Right? Maybe if they'd let us use Medusa, who could have helped generate Green AP when you matched Carnage's attack tiles, Wiccan might have looked a little better.

I was trying to use Wiccan in the first match, but it takes so long to save up 6 AP in every color, and the whole time you're nerfing yourself because you can't use any powers if you want to flip him to Demiurge, and Carnage and Storm's attack tiles just wrecked me. I won my first match but it was far closer than it should have been. I lost Rogue, and I almost lost Wiccan and Miles, but Miles was the clutch.So I healed up and went in again, and again I lost Rogue, but this time I also lost Wiccan, and again it was up to Miles to save the day.

I may use Wiccan in Wakanda's Protect tile event when I get more Green covers for him, but I'll send him in with Medusa and Vulture to speed up the green AP generation. Whoever thought Rogue and Miles would be good teammates to showcase their newest 4-star is an idiot.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    My favorite part was when I waited for storm to use her black before using Wiccan's green and Wiccan proceeded to destroy the same row I chose to destroy. That happened both times I did the loaner match.