4* DDQ: Nova vs Flaptain

optimus2861
optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
This is a gimmie if you've got even a mediocre Nova. Deny red, deny yellow, fire any/all of your cheap powers, win.

5/3/5, level 271, easy win. Token to the hoard.

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    My 5/5/3, level 306 Nova didn´t have any problems to win this one. Fired black, sent Flaptain airborne twice - victory.

Token to my little hoard.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    2/5/5, level 209 Nova. Didn't bother with denying anything, just chased black and utterly destroyed Flapjack. (Meant to type Flaptain, but phone auto corrected and I find this too funny change.)
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    This was my first Crash that I won first time out, no boosts.  My Nova is level 209, 3/2/5, and had no problem at all.  The token got me a yellow Okoye.
  • Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Close both times but my level 152, 1/5/0 Nova hasn't won yet. I'm sure I'll get a win eventually, just need a board with lots of yellow for me and little red for Sam.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My champed Nova showed Falcon how to fly.

Token to the hoard.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    After those 2 new ones debuting with some uncertainty it was nice to have an easy gimmie. 5/3/5 lvl 272 Sammy won with one hand tied behind his back.

LT starting a new hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah this one was full cruise mode with level 271 Nova - still had over 10,000 health at the end of the fight

LT to Mini-hoard at the moment as I'm saving up Iso to champ Lockjaw
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I raised my 4/4/1 Nova to level 152, and managed to win on my second attempt without boosts.  On the first attempt, I let Falcon collect enough yellow to cast that power, which slowed down the match and led to a narrow loss.

On the second attempt, I was a bit luckier and finished him off quite quickly.  I was able to start sending Falcon airborne fairly early, which gave me an AP advantage, and he never recovered.  I even managed to trigger the damage from my black ability to finish him off (which wasn't particularly high given I only have one cover in that power).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Nova was at 3/5/4 with a cover on the vine, so I grabbed the HfH, champed him, and re-specced to 3/5/5. Piece of cake. Flaptain's just too slow, and Nova can get out of hand too fast.

Token was a 5th yellow for my previously 3/4/3 Thing. Not bad.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/1, level 213 Nova knocked it out of the park! Poor Flapster didn't even get a chance to use a power. I felt sort of sorry for him, as he matched almost nothing but blue - I think he had 27 blue at the end of the battle, and not a single boosted tile to show for it.

My reward was a champ level for Coulson.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took my lvl 94 1/5/4 Nova up to 147 and got it second time. Even though red did pitiful damage, spamming it to send Flaptain airbourne (you would have thought he would have been unaffected by that, lol!) gave time to gather AP and finish him off. Nice to get back to winning ways after I couldn't do anything with Nico.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 4/4/5 Nova at lvl 115, and got it on the first try with no boosts. I denied yellow and red, fired off powers as i got them, no trouble at all. 
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Easy win for a Nova that I champed the day before this event. Lvl 272 3/5/5 (because I haven't gotten around to shifting his covers yet either). I just kicked out enough strike tiles to counteract his shields and never let him get enough red to fire a power.

Token to the mini-hoard while I'm trying to earn enough Iso champ 3 4*s that all gave me 14th covers within a week :(
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Even though red did pitiful damage, spamming it to send Flaptain airbourne (you would have thought he would have been unaffected by that, lol!) gave time to gather AP and finish him off.
    That kind of amuses me any time someone who can fly normally gets sent airborne and taken out of action for a while. ;)
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Encouraged by your success stories I Ieveled up my 2/1/2 Nova to 111 and easily won with 100%+ all colours damage, 2 AP y/r and 2 AP all colours. Flaptain must be the worst 4-star ever! Token to the hoard.  
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe flaptains blue needs an additional condition "if no special tiles on the board, create a yellow protect tile"
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Even though red did pitiful damage, spamming it to send Flaptain airbourne (you would have thought he would have been unaffected by that, lol!) gave time to gather AP and finish him off.
    That kind of amuses me any time someone who can fly normally gets sent airborne and taken out of action for a while. ;)
    Yeah it is hilarious -  characters like 4* Captain Marvel just blatantly blast off into flight in their animations but are helpless!

They really should revisit that - there are certain characters which should simply be immune such as Falcon - I know that would mean a nerf for the likes of Vulture/Colossus/Gwenpool/Nova but it really is silly that launching Falcon into the air takes him out of the battle.